GDT: Winnipeg Jets @ Dallas Stars - Friday, January 11th, 2022 - 7:30pm CT - TSN3 - CJOB

Status
Not open for further replies.

macmaroon

Winnipeg Jets fan since 1972
Sponsor
Sep 3, 2011
Winnipeg Manitoba
www.macmaroon.com
I had a really good GDT lined up for tonight's game (honest), but I had a brain fart and lost my train of thought (must be from all of that shoveling). So instead, you get this somewhat quickly put together piece of $#@! that I made while watching Wheel of Fortune that doesn't make much sense. Sorry guys...:sarcasm:

thumb_can-i-buy-a-vowel-why-do-houston-and-dallas-53580704.png

After beating Minnesota's new NHL team on Tuesday, we play Minnesota's old NHL team, the Dallas "Don't Call Us North" Stars, tonight. Dallas is 6-4-0 in their last ten games and sit five points ahead of Winnipeg in the standings. The American Airlines Center is a tough place to win for the visitors, the Stars are 16-6-1 at home so far this season. On the other hand, the Jets are a paltry 3-5-2 in their last ten games and are only 8-9-6 on the road...

In their heyday, the Minnesota North Stars had some very classy players, such as Dino Ciccarelli...

th

Bobby Smith...

s-l400.jpg

and Neal Broten...

th

While the Dallas Stars also have some classy players currently on their roster, like Jordie Benn's brother...

c5mg1fpc7mj01.jpg

Tyler Seguin...

maxresdefault.jpg

Please note: The mods deleted my original Tyler Seguin picture, sorry...:thumbd:

and Braden Holtby trying to do the Hellebuyck eye movement thing, but failing...

holtbyyy.jpg

Can the Jets win two in a row, or was the last game just a mass hallucination?

a298f512341667be0ffac8c7cddd6e7a.jpg

The Jets are falling further and further behind in the Wild Card race, so a win tonight would help eliminate some of that "tank" talk...

Jet-tank-02.jpg

So jump on the bandwagon and let's do this!!!

jets-bandwagon-620x400.jpg

Go Jets Go! :hockey:

Last edited:

Runforthecup

Sponsor
Nov 10, 2013
Calgary, CW Bay
I'm an optimist. Most important game this season so far. Looking at pt%, Jets have to finish ahead of Dallas in the Central and 2 of three of LA, Anaheim and Edm. in the West. If we cant beat Dallas we are in trouble. GO JETS GO

kanadalainen

A pint of dark matter, please.
Jan 7, 2017
The 100th Meridian
Thanks @macmaroon for the classy GDT.

Yes, class. Its exudes from this place like popcorn from the Park Theatre; like money bleeding out of the Arizona Coyotes boardroom; like tears from most fans of Dallas.

Here's to a classy evening of fun and lots of goals for the good guys.

bar-classy.gif

Did I mention.....? We're a handsome bunch.

james-bond-sean-connery.gif

Go Jets, get thee to thy Dallas nunnery and lay a proper clobbering on these Starlets.

:jets

Last edited:

AlphaLackey

Mar 21, 2013
Winnipeg, MB
I had a really good GDT lined up for tonight's game (honest), but I had a brain fart and lost my train of thought (must be from all of that shoveling). So instead, you get this somewhat quickly put together piece of $#@! that I made while watching Wheel of Fortune that doesn't make much sense. Sorry guys...:sarcasm:

thumb_can-i-buy-a-vowel-why-do-houston-and-dallas-53580704.png

Couldn't agree more. I once had to fly to New Jersey through Dulles(*). Worst airport ever. Their so-called "International First Class Lounge" was just me having first choice of empty terminals to 'sleep it off' in.

-----

* - Lol. Just kidding.

Seriously.

I mean, who the f*** would ever fly INTO New Jersey?

AlphaLackey

Mar 21, 2013
Winnipeg, MB
Thanks @macmaroon for the classy GDT.

Yes, class. Its exudes from this place like popcorn from the Park Theatre; like money bleeding out of the Arizona Coyotes boardroom; like tears from most fans of Dallas.

(Robin Williams Voice) Yes yes it's a beautiful thing like Park Theater it's like Kermit The Frog at MacArthur Park Theater going *hoarse voice* "it's not easy being all that sweet green icing running down *flails hands* YAYAYA!

AlphaLackey

Mar 21, 2013
Winnipeg, MB
Sean_connery_having_a_laugh_OTAA_1024x1024.jpg

Oh, this might be good...

"Yes yes I know you're confused, like you're as confused as Evander Kane playing Spanish 21, but since it's Spanish it's more like Evander Coño, and that's an n with a tilde, as in *affected Caribbean accent* 'I be losin' money gamblin' till-de cows come home!' but at least it's not boring like Kevin Sawyer, like oh my god SHUT UP SAWYER you're more boring than the Islanders. Did you know the Islanders once pulled their goalie for an extra defender?! It's true! You thought the 90s Devils were bad, you try breaking that 1-5 formation, that's such a trap that Admiral Ackbar wouldn't know whether to shit or wind his watch and speaking of WATCH it's time to watch the out of town scoreboard, the Arizona Coyotes finally put five on the scoreboard OH WAIT that's their attendance! More people watch C-Span for the ads..."

kanadalainen

A pint of dark matter, please.
Jan 7, 2017
The 100th Meridian
tattooed-shakespeare-mathew-mcfarren.jpg

When I do heed the mighty cock that crows the time,
And wait for the brave day to sink in Dallas’ night;
When I behold the violet-faced Benn past prime,
And Holtby’s sable curls all silver'd o'er with white;
With Bowness upon his knees, face barren of joy
Whose Hintz was Roope’d for a clean loss in the third,
And Pavelski's happy green now rotted, the stench cloy
Borne by Seguin with the drooping sweaty beard,
Then of Jets hidden beauties do I no question make,
That thou Perfecto among the wastes of Stars must go,
As sweets tips and reads do allow Dallas to eat cake
Stars’ plays die as fast as they see others grow;
And nothing 'gainst Helly's wall can make offence
They’ll fail - not to best him when he takes thee hence.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad