Winnipeg Jets 2024-25 Coaching Thread

Jets 31

This Dude loves the Jets and GIF's
Sponsor
Mar 3, 2015
Winnipeg
Can't see them touching Q. I don't really want Berube, he is more of the same old from a style and philosophy point of view.

If Brindamour or Cooper becomes available I think you have to go hard after them.
One of these 2 would be great but you gotta figure both will be in high demand. Don't know how happy their wives would be moving from Tampa or Carolina to Winnipeg either, little bit of a temperature difference.:laugh:

Reactions: roccerfeller

Jets4Life

Dec 25, 2003
Westward Ho, Alberta
If only Ducky were alive. He would have been a great Jets coach.

Gotta go with Quenneville. One of the best coaches in NHL history, who was unfairly railroaded in Chicago. Jon Cooper would be another outstanding choice.

Why are people suggesting Brind'Amour? I can't see the Hurricanes parting with him. Am I missing something?

Last edited:
Reactions: Eyeseeing

kylbaz

Winnipeg <3
Nov 14, 2015
www.movingtowinnipeg.ca

Gotta go with Quenneville. One of the best coaches in NHL history, who was unfairly railroaded in Chicago. Jon Cooper would be another outstanding choice.

Why are people suggesting Brind'Amour? I can't see the Hurricanes parting with him. Am I missing something?
Didn't follow but I think a money issue.

I'm sure it's Arniel's job to lose. I'm hoping maybe the front office realized these playoffs we need an outside coach that can motivate them more but I doubt it.

Reactions: Zippity

gojetsgo

Nov 1, 2015

but then this happened

but still 4 days and no extension announced so who really knows what's going on there

and quenneville is never going to happen I wish people would realize that and not bring his name up

tbcwpg

Jan 25, 2011

Quenneville was fired from Florida after the Beach revelations. Chicago let him go for the team's poor play.

It's a moot point anyway. I don't see the NHL reinstating him and even if they did I don't see Chevy and Chipman being the team to hire him anyway. The Chevy-Chicago connection to those days is too close.

Jets4Life

Dec 25, 2003
Westward Ho, Alberta

but then this happened

but still 4 days and no extension announced so who really knows what's going on there

and quenneville is never going to happen I wish people would realize that and not bring his name up

True North could build Rod a 24 hour, state-of-the art gym, and he would throw his hat into the Jets coaching sweepstake's.

Quenneville was fired from Florida after the Beach revelations. Chicago let him go for the team's poor play.

It's a moot point anyway. I don't see the NHL reinstating him and even if they did I don't see Chevy and Chipman being the team to hire him anyway. The Chevy-Chicago connection to those days is too close.
I definitely see the NHL reinstating Q. It's been nearly 3 years, and he deserves a second chance. I hate cancel culture.

tbcwpg

Jan 25, 2011
True North could build Rod a 24 hour, state-of-the art gym, and he would throw his hat into the Jets coaching sweepstake's.

I definitely see the NHL reinstating Q. It's been nearly 3 years, and he deserves a second chance. I hate cancel culture.

Why can you definitely see the NHL reinstating him other than a disdain for "cancel culture"?

Reactions: blueandgoldguy

gojetsgo

Nov 1, 2015

I swear people just throw around the phrase cancel culture over everything now a days... being employed and making millions in the nhl is a privilege not a right and when you do something stupid like help cover up a sexual assault then you no longer have that privilege

Jets4Life

Dec 25, 2003
Westward Ho, Alberta
Why can you definitely see the NHL reinstating him other than a disdain for "cancel culture"?

Social media is not real life, and if this was put to a poll, I guarantee at least 75% of voters would be in favour of Q'a return, as long as it was anonymous. I would welcome Quenneville back to the NHL with open arms.

Zippity

Feb 3, 2013
Turf the 2 assistants for starters. Funny how Jets now have one coach that had to fire himself and Bowness who retired because he was also frustrated with the team

surixon

Jul 12, 2003
Winnipeg
I just think it will be Arniel because he already knows the systems the Jets are currently employing, and other than the playoffs, the system was successful. If you do bring in a new coach from outside the organization, they may want to change it all up, and with that, there is a risk that it goes the wrong way.

Looking forward to see what they do....

I'm very curious if he would run the exact same schemes. He is his own coach and likely has some different ideas then Bones. I imagine he'd keep a lot of it but likely has his own things he'd incorporate.

Zippity

Feb 3, 2013
I didn’t realize this

Arniel returned to the National Hockey League as a head coach in 2010, when he was hired by the Columbus Blue Jackets.[2] Arniel replaced interim coach Claude Noël, who coincidentally was hired as his replacement in Manitoba. After only one and a half seasons behind the Blue Jackets' bench, Arniel was fired in January 2012.[3]

Lol now ex jet alumni is head coach Pascal Vincent for Columbus .

Jets need some new blood

Eyeseeing

Fagheddaboudit
Sponsor
Feb 24, 2015

Social media is not real life, and if this was put to a poll, I guarantee at least 75% of voters would be in favour of Q'a return, as long as it was anonymous. I would welcome Quenneville back to the NHL with open arms.
I’d like him to coach here.
It shouldn’t have to be anonymous.
I don’t have to agree with anyone who thinks differently.

Thechozen1

Sep 8, 2021

but then this happened

Agreed. It’s still yet to be determined if the NHL will allow him to coach again not to mention the optics of him and Chevy together again after the two both being in Chicago when that Kyle Beach situation unfolded.

Buffdog

Feb 13, 2019
I swear people just throw around the phrase cancel culture over everything now a days... being employed and making millions in the nhl is a privilege not a right and when you do something stupid like help cover up a sexual assault then you no longer have that privilege
Must be nice to be the individual who gets to decide what privileges people are entitled to

Convicted pedophiles get second chances for f***s sake. Q may have had poor judgement, but he didn't commit a crime

Jetsfan79

Jul 12, 2011
Winnipeg, MB
It wasn't an off color joke he told. It wasn't him using the wrong word. He covered up a real crime with real consequences to a real person. He's not coming back.

I agree he deserves not be the NHL . Even if he took courses, shows remorse and learned his lesson. No second chances. Punishment/ barred from NHL is Paramount and is the only consideration in this case.

Jets4Life

Dec 25, 2003
Westward Ho, Alberta
You need more than TNSE to make this shit hole of a city attractive.

For starters, we can fix the potholes in this city.

Quenneville? Is that a joke?

Getting the gang back together???

wwa_nwo_reborn_by_kanetakerfan701_d72fyxz-pre.jpg

"Yeah, brotherrrrr!"

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad