GDT: Wings vs vgk 7:30 pm et 2/7/19

Steve Yzerlland

Jul 18, 2018
Yes but AA is a star.... Okay Rasmussen has to be one of the 20 youngest regulars in the league. He isn't a finished product, I don't understand how you can make arguments on a guy that is in his mid 20s having potential and outright dismiss somebody that is 19.

Interesting talent analysis and projection. He is at worst Holmstrom on steroids more than likely. Now will he get to play with a Lidstrom(guy only had prime years), Datsyuk (prime) and Zetterberg (prime) is the bigger component. Ras reminds me a ton of Anders Lee, just with more physical gifts to fill out into. But he is probably two years from being the physical force he will become. For instance right now Rasmussen is miles more ready for the NHL than Zadina, not that you seem to care when it comes up to having Zadina run through the ringer at this level.

People that want to play the kids, especially when they are teenagers and 20 years old need to get more comfortable with the mistakes and learning points they have to learn. Especially how physical the league is down low. How they adjust this summer is more important than this season, but seeing the grind will help them long-term in my opinion.
I was exaggerating out of frustration but he don't expect much from him. At best maybe Keith Primeau (on Detroit)

The Zetterberg Era

Ball Hockey Sucks
Nov 8, 2011
Ft. Myers, FL
I never remember the rule. I know I should do my own legwork.

But can we even option Rasmussen and Cholowski down without them hitting waivers with 40+ games played this season? Because that would be lethal for the Griffins in the playoffs if those two can go down for their post-season.

Reactions: Ezekial

DetroitRed

Crashes the Crease
Apr 7, 2013
Detroit
Mick just said it regarding Rasmussen. He almost had to skip the AHL. So, I don't think he's under-performing considering. Looks like the conditioning stint did him well.

DeYarmond Edison

drinkingpinkrabbits
Apr 10, 2011
Bored in the USA
3 things.

Howard is playing like a top 5-7 goalie as of late.

Probably Ras’s best game as a Wing.

Where is Osgood? Does anyone know? It’s not like I miss his expert analysis or anything.. Just curious.

The Zetterberg Era

Ball Hockey Sucks
Nov 8, 2011
Ft. Myers, FL
3 things.

Howard is playing like a top 5-7 goalie as of late.

Probably Ras’s best game as a Wing.

Where is Osgood? Does anyone know? It’s not like I miss his expert analysis. Just curious.

I think Osgood has improved a lot since his beginning in all honesty.

If I remember right they were talking about some sort of family healthy issue with Ozzie but I don't want to say that with 100% certainty but I thought he had an ailing parent or something.

Also I think Keating is actually more of the problem. I like it a lot better when Trevor or Shep is on the desk.

newfy

Jul 28, 2010
I was exaggerating out of frustration but he don't expect much from him. At best maybe Keith Primeau (on Detroit)

If Rasmussen becomes Red Wings Keith Primeau that would be an awesome pick, what are you talking about? A 31 goal season, a 27 goal season, a 73 point season and a lockout shortened season where he put up 42 points in 45 games and was on pace for 27 goals and 76 points isnt expecting much? With physical play to go along with it as well. Thats all in only 7 seasons with Detroit as well, 4 out of 7 really good seasons isnt bad considering those include his years where he was just breaking into the league.

What do you think of Robert Thomas?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad