Speculation: Wings Targeting Point in Trade

izlez

We need more toe-drags/60
Feb 28, 2012
So is this site so bad that it just steals fake rumors from Eklund and reports him as a source? Or is it just Eklund's website?

Somehow, we may have found a lower low than Eklund

Perfect Human

Dec 17, 2014
can we stop posting links with "insider news" from this site? it's not legit.

Didn't say insider news, just sharing what I found. Same website that said Krug was coming to Detroit. I don't believe it, just fun to speculate on "rumors" in the offseason

Reactions: hkydave04

obey86

Jun 9, 2009
Didn't say insider news, just sharing what I found. Same website that said Krug was coming to Detroit. I don't believe it, just fun to speculate on "rumors" in the offseason

Nothing wrong with making a thread about moves you'd like to see the Red Wings entertain or whatever, but this thread is tagged "rumor." It's a rumor I guess, but a guy living in his basement who doesn't have any real sources just made up the rumor - and you're using him as a source.

Reactions: Perfect Human

Hen Kolland

Feb 22, 2018
Nothing wrong with making a thread about moves you'd like to see the Red Wings entertain or whatever, but this thread is tagged "rumor." It's a rumor I guess, but a guy living in his basement who doesn't have any real sources just made up the rumor - and you're using him as a source.

Eklund reported the same thing based on his source. Not that Eklund is super credible, but it’s better than the nothing.

Reactions: hkydave04

obey86

Jun 9, 2009
Eklund reported the same thing based on his source. Not that Eklund is super credible, but it’s better than the nothing.

Sure, but this guy didn't say a report from Eklund was where he got the info. He said "according to a source," as if he has a source.

Bench

3 is a good start
Aug 14, 2011
crease
It's actually stunning that people still pay attention to Eklund.

I'm legitimately jealous I didn't think of it first. I'd get a thousand monkeys on a thousand typewriters and they could produce the next great trade rumor.

"It was the best of trades, it was the blurst of trades..."

hqdefault.jpg

Hen Kolland

Feb 22, 2018
Sure, but this guy didn't say a report from Eklund was where he got the info. He said "according to a source," as if he has a source.

His source was probably reading about the Eklund rumor on this site. Source anonymity is the plague for discussion like this, because we are now focused on the source of the rumor and not the rumor itself.

Regardless of where the source originates, multiple people have suggested it (even though it very well could be the same source) that it’s interesting to think about. All we really have is prospect rankings or regurgitating lineups right now, so it’s nice to spice things up.

I imagine the cost would be pretty hard to stomach. Consider that a successful offer sheet would have to be in the 4 first round picks range, I imagine his cost via trade would be like Mantha for scoring replacement, Veleno for positional replacement, and draft capital of some sort.

Reactions: Perfect Human

Ezekial

Cheap Pizza, Okay Hockey
Sponsor
Nov 22, 2015
Chicago
It's actually stunning that people still pay attention to Eklund.
I have a guy at work I refer to my buddies as "hockey buzz guy" - he was nice enough to fill me in about that sweet Eklund juice at work on Monday or Tuesday.

IIRC a lot of Hawks fans use that site.

Perfect Human

Dec 17, 2014
A

ah gotcha, I wasn't sure what else to use. I used Rumor because the site said Rumor. Should I have used speculation?

obey86

Jun 9, 2009
A

ah gotcha, I wasn't sure what else to use. I used Rumor because the site said Rumor. Should I have used speculation?

No worries man, you didn't do anything wrong. I'm just sick of some getting hopes up over exciting "rumors" that aren't true lol.

Perfect Human

Dec 17, 2014
No worries man, you didn't do anything wrong. I'm just sick of some getting hopes up over exciting "rumors" that aren't true lol.

Yeah I understand. I also don't really start threads, I am more of a follower.

That being said, I did think about this as being a potentially awesome (pipe dream) move once I read on NHL.com and I think Sportsnet that Point was having a hard time coming to terms with the lightning.

I have a hard time seeing Stevie making major moves this offseason though I would love it. The wings are not in a win it now mode, and some young player's progression may result in raises and then cap issues Toronto and Tampa have, but I think he did say if the right RW was available he would consider a move. Point is not a winger, but still would love to see a splash in his first offseason.

obey86

Jun 9, 2009
Yeah I understand. I also don't really start threads, I am more of a follower.

That being said, I did think about this as being a potentially awesome (pipe dream) move once I read on NHL.com and I think Sportsnet that Point was having a hard time coming to terms with the lightning.

I have a hard time seeing Stevie making major moves this offseason though I would love it. The wings are not in a win it now mode, and some young player's progression may result in raises and then cap issues Toronto and Tampa have, but I think he did say if the right RW was available he would consider a move. Point is not a winger, but still would love to see a splash in his first offseason.

I would move quite a bit for Point personally. Something like AA + Cholowski + Veleno. Sure that kills your depth, but you now have two 23 year old ~ppg centers who can be here for the next 8-10 years. Do that, any most of the your resources moving forward can be used to fix the defense long term.

Perfect Human

Dec 17, 2014
I would move quite a bit for Point personally. Something like AA + Cholowski + Veleno. Sure that kills your depth, but you now have two 23 year old ~ppg centers who can be here for the next 8-10 years. Do that, any most of the your resources moving forward can be used to fix the defense long term.

Agreed. I personally think Point alone on this team could push us into playoff contention. If thats the case then we should trade our first next year for him because it likely wont be a lotto pick. I was thinking 2020 1st + AA + Veleno.

I really like Point and think that he and Larkin down the middle would be amazing for us for the next decade. You can surround them with Nyquists and Tatars and they can make them better.

Hammettf2b

oldmanyellsatcloud.jpg
Jul 9, 2012
So California
Agreed. I personally think Point alone on this team could push us into playoff contention. If thats the case then we should trade our first next year for him because it likely wont be a lotto pick. I was thinking 2020 1st + AA + Veleno.

I really like Point and think that he and Larkin down the middle would be amazing for us for the next decade. You can surround them with Nyquists and Tatars and they can make them better.
No way they would trade Point for just that. I would imagine Larkin would need to be going back.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Metz vs Lille
    Metz vs Lille
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $354.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Cádiz vs Mallorca
    Cádiz vs Mallorca
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $340.00