Confirmed with Link: Wings sign Svechnikov to ELC

Frk It

Mo Seider Less Problems
Jul 27, 2010
What free agency? he's UFA earliest when he turns 27. Guy was drafted from ChL, not from College if you meant those young free agents.

And "if we start to tank"? What is that? Something to eat? :laugh:

I don't know that term when discussing about Detroit Red Wings hockey. ;)

What comes to those player comparisons, Svechnikov is the "ryan kesler" in making. Physical all-around scoring forward.

I don't understand at all when Kesler name was mentioned in Larkin comparisons.

Svechnikov doesn't skate like Kesler, which is one of the things that makes Kesler Kesler. Larkin does though ;)

Henkka

Jan 31, 2004
Tampere, Finland
Svechnikov doesn't skate like Kesler, which is one of the things that makes Kesler Kesler. Larkin does though ;)

Imo Larkin is far better skater than Kesler.

Kesler is a nice package, can play PP, PK, go net-front, play point, can Center, can play wing, is physical, scores a lot, but it's not much a playmaker.

These "not a playmaker" and "physical" takes Kesler out from Larkin comparisons. Dylan is a playmaker and not physical. Svechnikov, though, has mostly of those elements like Kesler.

Frk It

Mo Seider Less Problems
Jul 27, 2010
Imo Larkin is far better skater than Kesler.

Perhaps, though I'd say skating is very important to both of their games. Young Kesler was a burner if I remember right.

I struggle with a comparable for Svechnikov, but maybe there is a little Kesler there.

tsbilly

May 20, 2012
With that size and those hands, kid has a chance to be a real player. One more season in junior, another in the AHL, might be a real discussion about making the big club.

"another in the AHL"

Ken Holland laughs at your optimism.

Bench

3 is a good start
Aug 14, 2011
crease
Perhaps, though I'd say skating is very important to both of their games. Young Kesler was a burner if I remember right.

I struggle with a comparable for Svechnikov, but maybe there is a little Kesler there.

People underestimated Kesler when he was drafted and he's a 50 point Selke quality center and they still underestimate him. Guy is everything you want in a #2 center. Everything.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad