Confirmed with Link: Wings sign forwards Matt Lorito and Ben Street; goaltender Edward Pasquale

Frk It

Mo Seider Less Problems
Jul 27, 2010
GR signing. Possibly a Miele replacement. Virtually same player.

Boomhower

Aug 23, 2003
Ontario
Visit site
Bob McKenzie ‏@TSNBobMcKenzie · 2m2 minutes ago

DET is hoping Matt Lorito is their Connor Sheary. $575K/$300K in Year 1; $650K/$275K in Year 2.

This is interesting. Maybe not purely a Griffins move. Must be a quick skater.

Maybe we are trying to skate teams out of the arena? Nielsen is pretty quick too.

OmNomNom

Taco is Love, Taco is Life
Mar 3, 2011
In the Church of Salmela
he was a dynamo for us in albany but never got a chance to play. lookin forward to him hopefully being given a chance. he'll definitely help you guys in the A though.

Boomhower

Aug 23, 2003
Ontario
Visit site
“He’s obviously very skilled, very fast,†Sestito said. “I think he’s got a good offensive awareness, and I think we played pretty good in the D-zone, too. We didn’t spend a ton of time. He’s a guy who can skate with Sis, who’s probably one of the faster guys on the team, too.

That's Tim Sesito in an old article when he was down in Albany, talking about Lorito. So a skilled burner and waterbug type player.

Also found articles of Albany coach saying he is good defensively and he trusts him in all situations. Could be some interesting upside for nothing. Better than Miele, because his speed and defense atleast has some NHL upside.... and he doesn't necessarily have to be top 6. Super cheap too.

Given how quickly he signed, I think we were really high on him.

Ezekial

Cheap Pizza, Okay Hockey
Sponsor
Nov 22, 2015
Chicago
Honestly, great AHL signings. Don't know anything about EP

But, I don't even care at this point.

Ezekial

Cheap Pizza, Okay Hockey
Sponsor
Nov 22, 2015
Chicago
Not a fan of Pasquale. Gives Paterson some competition.

Street and Lorito are good depth.

Maybe Pasquale means the Wings are trading Howard for a defenseman and Coreau will be the back-up?

Please?

I don't even want to think about the trash defender Howard could possibly garner us. :laugh:

Henkka

Jan 31, 2004
Tampere, Finland

Maybe Pasquale means the Wings are trading Howard for a defenseman and Coreau will be the back-up?

Please?

Proably Pasquale is just brought to give Paterson competition, like you said. That's the Red Wings way. Any spot aren't given for free. They like to push people.

Free spots given is the Edmonton Oilers way (Chiarelli is finally changing), which won't lead anywhere, except to comfort zone and lazy attitude.

SpookyTsuki

Dec 3, 2014

Please?

Would love that. But I think signing Pasquale means that

Tommy M is gone. And Paterson proably stays in the echl. Maybe better for him get more games started. Coreau should be the starter easy

Oddbob

Jan 21, 2016
What is the read on Coreau, does he have a shot at being a good backup at the NHL level, or is he an AHL starter type? I know he had a good season this year, but I thought he was floundering somewhat before then.

SpookyTsuki

Dec 3, 2014
What is the read on Coreau, does he have a shot at being a good backup at the NHL level, or is he an AHL starter type? I know he had a good season this year, but I thought he was floundering somewhat before then.

Backup. TZE could give you a great description. Anyone who watches the Griffins really

FireBird71

Aug 6, 2015
Coreau wouldn't be my first choice as a backup to Mrazek but if it means Howard is gone then I can deal

jolly roger

Aug 4, 2013
That makes Coreau the starter when Mrazek struggles with the KH defensive corps in place.
Good luck.

Holland will be gone by this time next year.

sean3250

Feb 7, 2015
That makes Coreau the starter when Mrazek struggles with the KH defensive corps in place.
Good luck.

Holland will be gone by this time next year.

He's gonna get to finish the duration of his contract. Still got 2 more seasons.

The Ilitch's are not going to fire the GM before they enter a new arena. The hypothetical 26 year streak is what's going to put fans in the stands in their eyes. We just have to deal with a mediocre product for the next few years until Ken moves on and we get a real GM.

Henkka

Jan 31, 2004
Tampere, Finland

I think he is very high behind Mrazek on the future charts... canadian, but almost a Michigan Native (University connection). also would give us a goalie combo with two different kind of guys. A 6'5 monster and a reactive speedster.

The Zetterberg Era

Ball Hockey Sucks
Nov 8, 2011
Ft. Myers, FL

A big and still athletic guy. Could actually see him evolving into maybe a starter at the NHL level but it won't be with us as I don't think his ceiling is better than Mrazek. But I would be pretty confident to have Coreau as the back-up here soon. Would like him to have a heavier workload this year in Grand Rapids though and keep him down.

Coreau was hurt and had a tough time bouncing back from the surgery to start his first year in Grand Rapids. However since he has ironed out what look to be physical issues once the Wings found them. He has been exceptionally steady in my opinion. He has NHL level talent in my opinion, curious to see the steps he takes this year in GR.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad