Pre-Game Talk: Wings @ Sens November 4

Status
Not open for further replies.

God Says No

Mar 16, 2012
Just because i said he played terrible against boston and has gotten off to a horrible start to the year defensively, doesnt mean i dont know what he is capable of. thats where i think theres a misunderstanding. Im willing to bet that my expectations of karlsson are higher than a lot of people's.

Right now hes playing poorly, but im a hundred percent positive he is going to turn it around and become an all world defenceman who is going to put up top line forward like numbers as well as be able to shutdown other teams top lines.
but the matter of the fact right now is, he is playing like garbage in his own zone.

I'm hoping he has some defensive epiphany, but I'm a pessimist. So I think this is the version of Erik we're going to see from now on. Wildly inconsistent on the defensive side from game to game.

Boud

Dec 27, 2011
Is the team going to miss the playoffs if we lose?

Then it isn't a must win.

I fully understand the importance of this game. I watch the standings like a hawk as well. But must-win is being thrown around more than "sample size" these days. It's 11 games into the season. Relax.

Every single point counts. 2 points at the end of the season or 2 points in the beginning is 2 points. If you're logic stands no game is a must win until we're 1 game away from missing the playoffs.

This isn't a must win but It surely is a game we need to win after losing 4 of the last 5 and only winning against an injury plagued team.

DrunkUncleDenis

Condra Fan
Mar 27, 2012
Every single point counts. 2 points at the end of the season or 2 points in the beginning is 2 points. If you're logic stands no game is a must win until we're 1 game away from missing the playoffs.

This isn't a must win but It surely is a game we need to win after losing 4 of the last 5 and only winning against an injury plagued team.

Eh, I'll bite.. again.

In theory, yea, no game is a must-win until we're 1 game away, that's sort of what that whole term represents, although I recognize the importance of games later in the season when things are coming down to the wire. I take issue with people over-using it, especially an eighth of the way into a season, because what if we lose tomorrow? Is our season all for not? No. It's not. We keep moving forward.

However, like I said, I recognize he importance of this game, and fully agree with your last statement. And picking up points early is key to a successful season.

This is all just petty nitpicking until game day anyway :naughty:

Derivation

Jan 4, 2010

This 4-game home stand is pretty vital if we want to stay in the race in our division.

Although it is early, it appears every team in our Division is going to have a lot of competition for the top 3 spots minus the Sabres.

If we can go 3-1 it will put us in good shape going on the Western road trip.

Burrowsaurus

Mar 20, 2013
I'm hoping he has some defensive epiphany, but I'm a pessimist. So I think this is the version of Erik we're going to see from now on. Wildly inconsistent on the defensive side from game to game.

From now on really? This is the worst ive seem him play since his rookie year. There's zero percent chance he doesn't improve.

DrEasy

Out rumptackling
Oct 3, 2010
Stützville
Long silence.
VLADIMIR:
Say something!
ESTRAGON:
I'm trying.
Long silence.
VLADIMIR:
(in anguish). Say anything at all!
ESTRAGON:
What do we do now?
VLADIMIR:
Wait for Methot.
ESTRAGON:
Ah!
Silence.
VLADIMIR:
This is awful!

maclean

Jan 4, 2014
Eh, I'll bite.. again.

In theory, yea, no game is a must-win until we're 1 game away, that's sort of what that whole term represents, although I recognize the importance of games later in the season when things are coming down to the wire. I take issue with people over-using it, especially an eighth of the way into a season, because what if we lose tomorrow? Is our season all for not? No. It's not. We keep moving forward.

However, like I said, I recognize he importance of this game, and fully agree with your last statement. And picking up points early is key to a successful season.

This is all just petty nitpicking until game day anyway :naughty:

I think another important aspect of it is that since that we've practically been on a losing streak since that unexpected week off we got. We need to cut that baby short sooner rather than later.

Quo

Mar 22, 2012
Hamsterdam
Long silence.
VLADIMIR:
Say something!
ESTRAGON:
I'm trying.
Long silence.
VLADIMIR:
(in anguish). Say anything at all!
ESTRAGON:
What do we do now?
VLADIMIR:
Wait for Methot.
ESTRAGON:
Ah!
Silence.
VLADIMIR:
This is awful!

:clap:

We've reached peak.

Nac Mac Feegle

wee & free
Jun 10, 2011
I'm going to go out on a limb and say this one will be a blowout. For which side....that part I'm not sure yet.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad