GDT: Wings@Sabres 7:00 pm 2-6-20- NBCS

Shaman464

No u
May 1, 2009
Boston, MA
Yeah, let's be stupid and not buy cheap stocks which are gonna rise.

Let's not think anything positive. Let's stay in your negativity.

Okay: So, are you planning the parade down Woodward for June? There's a difference between being positive and severely jumping the gun. Larkin had one good night in an otherwise forgettable season doesn't make him the #1 C of the future. And Seider needs to play in the NHL before he's anointed the next top guy.

Reactions: lilidk

Oddbob

Jan 21, 2016
Glad to see a win! Happy for Larkin scoring 2 goals, and Lindstrom looked comfortable in his debut.

Now the bad: PIERRE FREAKING MCGUIRE

It was one stupid thing after another with him, even more so than usual.

"Wings have good structure", "Wings have great structure"! He mentioned it like 650 times! WE HAVE NO STRUCTURE, this is the same way we always play.
"Abdelkader wants to be part of the solution, not part of the problem!" Umm, too late! Also makes it sound like Abby made the tough choice not to get traded and stick with the rebuild like he was a key piece!
"Hey Jeff, can you talk to how much Justin has meant to you this year?" :facepalm:
-Bad season for us guys, but good to know Biega has two brothers who played at Harvard, really helps me sleep better!
-Mentioned the great defensive "reads" a couple of times by Bowey who was his typical Bowey self a number of times in this game.
"I'm not making excuses for them!" Then proceeds to list about 9 things in a row, why the Sabres are doing poorly and then doubles down by talking about how they are about to turn the corner. What is it, the 5th year in a row where the Sabres were going to turn the corner and low and behold they suck again! Also he can't help himself as all of the Sabres US College players are soon to be impact NHL'ers immediately.

-So many many more! Can we please get better colour guys if we have to sit through the inane garbage that is NBC coverage or non FSD? I assume the Bruins game will be the Pejorative Slured Bruins NESN crew, to which I don't think I can sit through. I will likely skip that game if FSD is not covering it.

Also, I hate the league's new definition of goalie interference, as that Wilson goal wasn't even in the ballpark of interference or anything at all. Bring back the 90s way of goalie interference, this new stuff blows!

Oddbob

Jan 21, 2016
Also, why on earth is Biega (1 pt in nearly 40 GP) on the ice in OT?????????? Also, why is Cholo scratched after 4 solid/decent games, over any of Daley, Bowey or Biega??????????

Reactions: muchbetterthanlada

jkutswings

hot piss hockey
Jul 10, 2014
1) Great to stop the losing streak, and even better when it's guys like Larkin and Fabbri on the score sheet.

2) Hopefully Bernier can stay healthy, because the difference between him and Howard this year is night and day.

3) Clearly Yzerman is trying to trade Daley to Buffalo, and Trevor did everything he could to facilitate it. Yikes.

14ari13

Oct 19, 2006
Norway
It seems to me that this Rodriguez was killing us on faceoffs. He was winning all faceoffs before they got the momentum and scored their goals and in ot he won 3 in a row I believe.

Very interesting stats.

Did any of you notice it?

The wings have 22 shots, Larkin and AA 16, the rest of the team 6.

Hronek and AA had the game on their stick, but Hronek fanned on the puck or missed the net. While AA went with his usual move. He should have tried to freeze the goalie and fake the forehand and then pull it on backhand between the goalies legs ( or backhand top shelf).

Win finally.

deca guard

Jun 22, 2019
www.reddit.com
Okay: So, are you planning the parade down Woodward for June? There's a difference between being positive and severely jumping the gun. Larkin had one good night in an otherwise forgettable season doesn't make him the #1 C of the future. And Seider needs to play in the NHL before he's anointed the next top guy.
00000000000000000000000000000000baby-bonnets-500x500.jpg

TheMule93

On a mule rides the swindler
May 26, 2015
Ontario
Shout out to Patrick Nemeth

he's somehow managed to avoid literally any discussion whatsoever regarding him all season. Literally unnoticeable out there. That is really good considering how bad we are.

Reactions: odin1981

odin1981

There can be only 1!
Mar 8, 2013
Canton Mi
Shout out to Patrick Nemeth

he's somehow managed to avoid literally any discussion whatsoever regarding him all season. Literally unnoticeable out there. That is really good considering how bad we are.

Him and Glendy are the only two vets I've been happy with, everyone else just mailed it in.

NotLeddy

Trust the Yzerscam
Oct 23, 2018
How was AA?

Mostly was pretty floaty at even strength, nothing too frustrating to watch, but had some good looks on the power play and a breakaway in the 3rd period that was centimetres away from going in. Had six shots on goal all together.

He was awful in overtime though.

Gniwder

Oct 12, 2009
Bellingham, WA
Also, why on earth is Biega (1 pt in nearly 40 GP) on the ice in OT?????????? Also, why is Cholo scratched after 4 solid/decent games, over any of Daley, Bowey or Biega??????????
Because he's second best option after Hronek?

OT is all about open ice skating and passing. If Bowey had a brain he'd be the #2 option, but an errant pass in OT is an automatic loss. Nemeth isn't a great skater, Daley sucks, and Lindstrom was playing his first NHL game.

Basically there aren't a lot of options on this team. I think 3 on 3 suits Beiga though because OT isn't usually physical and there's a lot of open space on the O side.

theYman

Feb 28, 2008
How the f*** do you get only 9 shots? How's that even possible? What's fewest shots a team has ever got in a game, I wonder?

theYman

Feb 28, 2008
I miss you Nike. He's probably like," so that's whose wearing my number now."

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad