Rumor: Wings offer Damir Zhafyarov a contract?

GoBoltz56

Brisebois 1st Rounder
Jul 31, 2004
Tampa and Michigan
Would nice to see a Russian line.

Svechnikov - Namestnikov - Zhafyarov

Ironically, I think this is what gives us an advantage over Chicago in the bidding war. Vladdy was a kind of cultural liaison for all of the young Russians in Tampa since he speaks english and grew up here, so he helped Vasilevskiy, Kucherov, Sergachev adapt. As far as I know, the Hawks don't have any Russians on the roster. Though, money talks so maybe that's all he needs to make his decision.

The Zetterberg Era

Ball Hockey Sucks
Nov 8, 2011
Ft. Myers, FL
Ironically, I think this is what gives us an advantage over Chicago in the bidding war. Vladdy was a kind of cultural liaison for all of the young Russians in Tampa since he speaks english and grew up here, so he helped Vasilevskiy, Kucherov, Sergachev adapt. As far as I know, the Hawks don't have any Russians on the roster. Though, money talks so maybe that's all he needs to make his decision.

Zadarov is on the Hawks currently.

Mrfenn92

Proud to be American
Sponsor
Nov 27, 2018
Chicago,Illinois
Scott Powers a Blackhawks reporter for the athletic reported the hawks haven’t expressed any interest in damir. He doesn’t expect them to be interested.
FYI

Vandalay Industries

Feb 13, 2008
How much is the talent drop off from KHL to NHL?

Well, if you check out top-10 on the KHL scoring chart it's basically filled with players that got squeezed out of NHL. Well except Zhafyarov and Sakari Manninen who were never in contention for NHL, probably due to their size. And then there's the enigma Justin Danforth who went from ECHL to Finland to KHL.

All it tells you is that KHL is not as good as people think it is. It's no better than AHL. KHL has a lot more older players than AHL, since AHL is a development league while KHL is the peak league for many Europeans, especially east european players. Many players from Belarus, Kazakhstan and Latvia and of course Russia it self.

Reactions: Steve Yzerlland

waltdetroit

Jul 20, 2010
All it tells you is that KHL is not as good as people think it is. It's no better than AHL. KHL has a lot more older players than AHL, since AHL is a development league while KHL is the peak league for many Europeans, especially east european players. Many players from Belarus, Kazakhstan and Latvia and of course Russia it self.

lilidk

Mar 4, 2008
KHL is much better than AHL, just compare production players who came from KHL to NHL , look at Panarin, Kaprizov numbers. AHL probably can compete with SHL
1.NHL
2. KHl
3.SHL
4. AHL

lilidk

Mar 4, 2008
If we going to trade Mantha , only for very good return, and we get Damir ,we are not going to be much worse . It's making a lot of sense to bring him here, but Chicago probably will do it like they did with Kahun and Panarin

Val

Jan 19, 2021
Sorry, i don't think Zhafyarov is the next Panarin or Kaprizov. He jumped overhead in current season only and he playing for not the top team. I doubt he'll play in the NHL
The most interesting talent in the KHL is Okulov (CSKA). He looks like Tarasenko just about. He is a ready player for the top-6. I don't know about his draft.

Last edited:

ChadS

Jun 30, 2009
Sorry, i don't think Zhafyarov is the next Panarin or Kaprizov. He jumped overhead in current season only and he playing for not the top team. I doubt he'll play in the NHL
The most interesting talent in the KHL is Okulov (CSKA). He looks like Tarasenko just about. He is a ready player for the top-6. I don't know about his draft.
The Wings would be very lucky to get Okulov, I doubt he wants to join a bad team though. I remember watching him in his draft+1 year in the MHL and was quite surprised that no one drafted him that summer, he was really dominant and showed some pretty great offensive skills.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad