Rumor: Wings offer Damir Zhafyarov a contract?

ridilon

Sep 14, 2017
Come on guys, it's not like the Red Wings are in the habit of giving 26 year old euro players who've never proven a thing in the NHL a guaranteed spot with top 6 minutes. That's just silly.

RedMenace

Jul 24, 2006
www.ShattenkirksKrakenshirt.net
Seems like a Russian Hudler (size, basically) though I can't say I've actually seen him play.

Edit: Okay, watched a few clips, and he looks faster and more offensively-minded than Hudler.

Why the hell not?

ridilon

Sep 14, 2017
Always that god damn Chicago after these guys and they have like 30 forwards already.
Chicago probably offered him a contract on a dare/bet from Boston to try and get the Wings to offer this guy a legit contract.

Mister Ed

Dec 21, 2008
A free asset? Sure!

Hope that his current teamates and former Griffins Andy Miele / Chris Terry can tell him how great the organisation is.

Henkka

Jan 31, 2004
Tampere, Finland
How much is the talent drop off from KHL to NHL?

Tough to say. It changes every season.

Check Kaprizov how he has done. The latest top player.

Or Mikko Lehtonen, who was the best defenceman there. Funny how Toronto has given only 10 minutes for ice-time for him. 3 points in 6 games, but 60 minutes is basicly 3 games with 20 minutesn = point per game if normal role.

Lehtonen would be playing our 1st PP if signed with us, and nobody would whine how bad our PP is.

Last edited:
Reactions: Steve Yzerlland

Hammettf2b

oldmanyellsatcloud.jpg
Jul 9, 2012
So California
Tough to say. It changes every season.

Check Kaprizov how he has done. The latest top player.

Or Mikko Lehtonen, who was the best defenceman there. Funny how Toronto has given only 10 minutes for ice-time for him. 3 points in 6 games, but 60 minutes is basicly 3 games with 20 minutesn = point per game if normal role.

Lehtonen would be playing our 1st PP if signed with us, and nobody would whine how bad our PP is.
Our PP would still be horrendous unless he can enter the zone cleanly all by himself.

Henkka

Jan 31, 2004
Tampere, Finland
Our PP would still be horrendous unless he can enter the zone cleanly all by himself.

He makes that great 1st pass for the forward, who can then enter the zone.

Here's some of his NHL plays, nice tap-in goal for Hyman after a pass and shot-for a tip-in for Simmonds.

Henkka

Jan 31, 2004
Tampere, Finland

Here's also Lehtonen's 1st point of the season, 2nd assist on the PP, but it was kind of the MAIN shot of the situation. Tip-in attempt from the middle guy, and net-front guy scores.

datsyukfan

Jul 5, 2007
Wings should be able to offer an immediate spot and better minutes than Chicago imo. Go get him Stevie we have a tun of FA’s this summer give this kid one of those many spots

Gniwder

Oct 12, 2009
Bellingham, WA
Come on guys, it's not like the Red Wings are in the habit of giving 26 year old euro players who've never proven a thing in the NHL a guaranteed spot with top 6 minutes. That's just silly.
I mentioned in a couple of other threads that STevie was setting up for anotehr signing by giving Brome top line minutes. Looks like I was right, lol.

Henkka

Jan 31, 2004
Tampere, Finland
Good signing, if he ever signs here. But Red Wings should also sign Alexandr Kadeykin, he's having a best season of his career. Kadeykin has been trending up last few years, now it's the time to sign him. His contract with Ufa ends after this season.

Everything Russian-thread coming?

Would be fun to draft Samuel Helenius, bring in Kadeykin and have Rasmussen-Söderblom-Helenius-Kadeykin center core. 6'6 - 6'7 - 6'7 - 6'5. 197cm, 200cm, 199cm, 195cm.

Kadeykin would be the smallest.

Hen Kolland

Feb 22, 2018
Of course Chicago is also in on this. They have got so much value fishing for free agents overseas.

I hate the Chicago rebuild because I think it's going really well.

I don’t really know what to make of it. I’m not a big fan of the D they ended up with. But I love Kirby Dach man. I still think he’s a special player.

Reactions: RedMenace

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad