Wings need Def...

tomdundo

Sep 11, 2011
Raleigh
I believe this is also true:

He's a good option for allowing Cam to face more shots than any goalie should, in the process lowering his save percentage and GAA based on the fact that he gets more work than Luongo, causing y2kcanucks to bring up stats in any argument to "prove" why Ward is garbage.

Moosetache

Jul 25, 2005
Raleigh, NC
Shouldve kept Allen

True....he was too slow to get behind the other teams net before the puck was heading the other way. I did like him clearing the front of our net, and he added some legit toughness. Not a big time fighter but he could throw down when needed to. Seemed like a great team guy too. Blocking shots, just some general grit out there.

If I was a GM, one of the most important things for my team would be some gritty sand paper players out there. Which makes it all the more surprising I am a Canes fan.

Note: I absolutely HATE Steve Ott.....but I really wanted JR to get him.

tomdundo

Sep 11, 2011
Raleigh
True....he was too slow to get behind the other teams net before the puck was heading the other way. I did like him clearing the front of our net, and he added some legit toughness. Not a big time fighter but he could throw down when needed to. Seemed like a great team guy too. Blocking shots, just some general grit out there.

If I was a GM, one of the most important things for my team would be some gritty sand paper players out there. Which makes it all the more surprising I am a Canes fan.

Note: I absolutely HATE Steve Ott.....but I really wanted JR to get him.

In that case, who do you have us trading Gleason to? Their history would surely cause a rift in the locker room.

Zombie Mike Murphy

Mar 18, 2011
I believe this is also true:

He's a good option for allowing Cam to face more shots than any goalie should, in the process lowering his save percentage and GAA based on the fact that he gets more work than Luongo, causing y2kcanucks to bring up stats in any argument to "prove" why Ward is garbage.

Cam's shots faced per game and per minute were virtually identical in '10-'11 and '11-12.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad