GDT: Wings @ Leafs 10/8 7:00PM TSN - Final Preseason game

Nineteen67

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 12, 2017
Malgin stays up, ZAR signs, Gaudette, Robertson, and Holmberg sent down. After g1 Robertson comes up as an emergency recall.

They will play 11 forwards on opening night assuming Tavares is out (but cant be put on LTIR). won't have enough capspace to replace him and it's not worth waiving Malgin.

Sucks for Robertson but he'll be up for g2 I'd guess.
I bet that’s the plan

Reactions: The Masters and kb

TIGERCOOL

Sep 29, 2014
he really did finally show his stuff and now we truly see why dubas keeps trying to bring him back

he's so good when he's got confidence
he made a great call playing in the swiss league to get ice time against pros for the last couple years. He's only 25 and entering his prime. He could have toiled away being a waiver guy picking up bottom 6 nhl minutes and spending time with affiliate clubs. Good for Dubas and co. keeping tabs on a guy they liked.

DraftSchmaft

Jul 29, 2021
Fair is fair. Robertson broke the tie for me last week and Malgin closed the gap and broke the tie for me this week. I still don't see enough to say he will last a full season (I still liked Tyler Ennis more who would have put up 20 goals with only 10 minutes ice time if he didnt get hurt and i dont see this same potential in malgin yet to make noise in bottom 6) but he's played himself into the regular season games to begin.

If we were fully healthy I'd call it a wash and give the tie breaker to Robertson due to development priority, since this flip flop of tie breaking can repeat if we played another weak of pre season. Pun intended on the weak over week. But since there's room, what the heck, go have some fun Malgin.

Last edited:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad