GDT: Wings @ Devils - Season Finale - 7:00 PM - MSG+

Status
Not open for further replies.

NjdevilfanJim

Jan 26, 2020
Well that would be the absolute bargain-of-the-century right there, no doubt.

But we don't know how things will shake out, especially with Bratt's agent.
Not a huge bargain I truly think that is a fair deal but I wouldn't be upset if he got more either just keep it below 7....Home grown talent definitely want him to stay....

Reactions: My3Sons and glenwo2

Bad Goalie

Jan 2, 2014
Well…we thought this defense would be good this year with the backend players we picked up too and it didn’t work out that way. I’m not worried about the offense specifically compared to other craptastic areas of the team’s performance, but…the only thing this team has proven the last few seasons is that they can find all kinds of ways to lose games.

And at the end of the day…I’m not taking a ton of solace in having a few players that can put points on the board when the other areas of the team are so goddamn deficient. These guys could put up a lot of points on a good team - and they can do it on a bad team too as we saw this year. It’s good that they produced this year - obviously better than the opposite - but to me it didn’t make this season any more fun than the other garbage ones we’ve had in recent history.

People talking about fixing the goaltending like it’s easy peasy. There’s no great goalie coming to this team on the horizon, unless Fitz pulls some kind of miracle. Even if we wind up acquiring an average goaltender who can stay healthy, behind these bozos who give the puck away like it has cooties it’s not going to move the needle enough to make this a serious bubble team.

This part about the "bozos who give the puck away like it has cooties" has to have something to do with something in the systems(?) being fed to them because that quote can be directly applied to the Comets. It's just like the sagging of all 5 between the dots defensive zone team D which leaves the points uncovered all night resulting in long stretches of play in their own zone. Then there's the PP that can't get across the blueline, dumping the puck in when none is available to go after it and watching it come right back out. In short, every single issue I have read post after post, game after game, by you guys is exactly what I have seen in Utica. And they have won more than their share of games.

2 teams can't be such mirror images unless somebody in charge has implemented exactly the same philosophy of how to do things and that philosophy sucks.

The main difference in the outcomes is the minor club got superb goaltending for a long time followed by at least average keeping the rest of the way. They had 4 lines that scored goals with at least 1 guy on each line who scored on a regular basis. Then mixing them up they got more scoring in spurts. The D was good enough to allow them to outscore the opponent rather than stop him. They had stretches of the most opportunistic scoring during the 1st half of the season that I have ever seen in decades of watching and playing this game. That allowed them to play right around the .500 mark the rest of the way and still stay out in front due to the cushion they had built.

The idea that this NJ coaching staff needs to go is obvious throughout the system. I don't know how much influence NJ has on the systems employed by the ECHL Adirondack Thunder, but they were terrible and had several players actually under contract to the Comets through NJ. They are the ECHL affiliate of the Utica Comets and the Comets are the AHL affiliate of the NJ Devils. They are all connected.

Tao Jersey Jones

Sep 28, 2003
Plainfield, NJ
This part about the "bozos who give the puck away like it has cooties" has to have something to do with something in the systems(?) being fed to them because that quote can be directly applied to the Comets. It's just like the sagging of all 5 between the dots defensive zone team D which leaves the points uncovered all night resulting in long stretches of play in their own zone. Then there's the PP that can't get across the blueline, dumping the puck in when none is available to go after it and watching it come right back out. In short, every single issue I have read post after post, game after game, by you guys is exactly what I have seen in Utica. And they have won more than their share of games.

2 teams can't be such mirror images unless somebody in charge has implemented exactly the same philosophy of how to do things and that philosophy sucks.

The main difference in the outcomes is the minor club got superb goaltending for a long time followed by at least average keeping the rest of the way. They had 4 lines that scored goals with at least 1 guy on each line who scored on a regular basis. Then mixing them up they got more scoring in spurts. The D was good enough to allow them to outscore the opponent rather than stop him. They had stretches of the most opportunistic scoring during the 1st half of the season that I have ever seen in decades of watching and playing this game. That allowed them to play right around the .500 mark the rest of the way and still stay out in front due to the cushion they had built.

The idea that this NJ coaching staff needs to go is obvious throughout the system. I don't know how much influence NJ has on the systems employed by the ECHL Adirondack Thunder, but they were terrible and had several players actually under contract to the Comets through NJ. They are the ECHL affiliate of the Utica Comets and the Comets are the AHL affiliate of the NJ Devils. They are all connected.
The trickle down effect of the G situation affected Adirondack. The Thunder were supposed to start with the lesser of Schmid and Daws after camp.

This is Alex Sakellaroupolos' second stint with ADK after bouncing around. His first stint was much better.

Brandon Kasel is a rookie.

And yes the NJD AHL team has played the parent's club system going at least as far back as Kowalsky if not always.

edit: Forgot to mention ADK should have had Mitens too.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad