GDT: Wings @ Devils - Home Opener! - 7:00 PM - MSG

Status
Not open for further replies.

Blender

Dec 2, 2009
W9Ws.gif

PKs Broken Stick

Oct 9, 2008
We all could basically see this coming. Ruff was def the favorite to be fired first this season. We need a different voice to see if it’s the players or the coach.

Making the change too late disadvantages Burnette and also the decision making process.

Send a message you ain’t messing around and get rid of him already.

The biggest reason why I think firing Ruff is the right move is because he was literally hired him to help with the young players growth. That's over and they need a winning coach now.

Zajacs Bowl Cut

Lets Go Baby
Nov 6, 2005
PA
i can’t believe people are still coming in here with xgf and hdc and trying to convince everyone with eyes who has been watching this crap for 5 seasons that the team is actually not that bad after getting blown out in the first two games by non-playoff teams

I'm coming here with 9 goals allowed on 44 shots this year.

Please explain that away.

Reactions: Dialamo and Blender

captainscott12

Jul 13, 2022
because we leave players wide open in front, don’t move the puck the right way and our goaltenders can’t track it when we can’t make the predictable easy play or cover the slot??

ITS THE SYSTEM AND COACH NOT THE GOALTENDERS. everyone doesn’t magically forget how to play goal once they put on a devils uniform
Graves is not good. Hamilton is not good.
Tatar should not have been on the ice. Karma for not benching him
he is a waste. Also at this point outside of Hughes trade anyone including Brett for a goalie. It doesn’t matter

Bleedred

Travis Green BLOWS! Bring back Nasreddine!
Sponsor
May 1, 2011
Sadly firing Lindy now isn't going to change a damn thing. It should have been done in the off-season.
It absolutely should have.

You can't let a head coach fester like this after the terrible records the last two years, whether it's his fault or not. It doesn't even necessarily mean a head coach is bad or that he doesn't deserve a chance elsewhere, but you just can't do it.

Unless it's a years 1 and 2 or maybe 3 of a rebuild, but these results are not conducive to getting a year 3.

And here we are 2 games in with a ''Hate to say I told you so''.

Call Me Al

Aug 28, 2017
I'm coming here with 9 goals allowed on 44 shots this year.

Please explain that away.
i was going to type something out explaining our terrible d structure and how hard it is to track the puck as a goalie when they don’t cover the right man or make the smart/predictable play but whatever. you’re right, we just happen to only have the worst goalies ever on our team and it’s definitely not a structure/coaching thing

Reactions: Devils731

Guadana

Mar 7, 2012
St Petersburg
Average or below average goalies looks top goalies on paper against devils.

How much really hard shots Nedelcovich faced today? Devils cant catch the rebound.
Detroit don`t make nothing special. Especially after finding 2 goals ahead of Devils.
Devils try to find perfect chance, but why you are just shot and drive the net?

I have questions for Ruff.

John Pedro

Feb 6, 2014
SĂŁo Paulo
Well naturally guys who shined because of a system are not going to shine here…because we have no system.

I don’t know if you realize this but that’s an indictment of the organization, not the players. Although the players are not nearly as good as our fans have hyped them up for years now.
the point is, these guys are run of the mill kinda players, guys we've on our team already but our coaching can't take the better out of them. Imagine how good Severson would look on a team with good coaching, here he's been sucking for years defensively

Reactions: My3Sons

Eggtimer

Jul 4, 2011
Calgary Alberta
Lol unless your bringing in torts a new coach isn’t going to do anything
I dunno man . Our defensive coverage / system has been shit . We have a good D core , but for some reason, we have several massive
Sadly firing Lindy now isn't going to change a damn thing. It should have been done in the off-season.
I thunk it would. Our defensive scheme / system is not working . It gives up MASSIVE breakdowns and glorious scoring chances every game.
On offence , we are held to the perimeter and can’t finish. Any goalie can make routine saves like they have tonight. Its not the players , it’s on the coaching and roster construction. We are still soft as shit and play too much of a perimeter game.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad