Prospect Info: Wings at the WJC

Jul 30, 2005
I mean, what is location, really
It's weird to think that Edvinsson is still 18, and will be until after the WJC. He must have been so, so young for that draft class.

Edit: whoa, that's not even that young, it turns out. Luke Hughes won't be 19 until September.

Last edited:
Reactions: Bench

TheOctopusKid

Sep 24, 2010
Are we back to comparing players to Pokémon? Because he went from charmander to charmeleon within 2 months of being drafted. I can’t wait for him to go full charizard on the NHL.

Or...even beyond...

v1GQdZ.gif

newfy

Jul 28, 2010
I’m not accusing them of flat out lying. I’m accusing the GM and coach of making a poor selection based on bias. “Offensive D can’t defend”. And “Need moar grit”

Can you really tell me GRG’s Sebrango is better than Clarke?

Edit: Also blaming it on poor talent assessment.

Meh, Cormier and Power are likely playing the big offensive minutes and Cormier is as good as Clarke is right now. I think right now Sebrango will probably be a fairly comparable contrubtor to CLarke right now. People forget that a lot of the time Canada onlytakes 19 year olds. He shoulda got a camp invite but a cut wouldnt be surprising to me

newfy

Jul 28, 2010
Lol imagine thinking Cormier is as good as Clarke. Just no

Are you watching a lot of Canadian junior wherever youre from lol?? Cormier right now, a year older than Clarke is different than projecting them 5 years down the road. I think Cormier is just as effective right now as Clarke is

lhsgolf19

Oct 4, 2016
Birmingham, MI
Wallinder not picked lol… Sweden can’t help themselves

Swedish Twitter is not happy… Experts are saying he’s the biggest omission

OgeeOgelthorpe

Sparkplug
Feb 29, 2020
Wallinder not picked lol… Sweden can’t help themselves

Swedish Twitter is not happy… Experts are saying he’s the biggest omission

Not picked or not going? There's a difference.

Seider didn't play for Germany last year because he would have missed a ton of Rogle games due to quarantine restrictions. Maybe Wallinder not playing at the WJC is for the same reason?

Pavels Dog

Feb 18, 2013
Sweden
Not picked or not going? There's a difference.

Seider didn't play for Germany last year because he would have missed a ton of Rogle games due to quarantine restrictions. Maybe Wallinder not playing at the WJC is for the same reason?
No he wasn't selected and would 100% have gone if he was.
Wally has his flaws but I absolutely think he should have made it. Even if you bring him as your 6th-7th D he's a guy with huge upside. If Edvinsson was to get injured or sick or something this Swedish team is doomed.

ChadS

Jun 30, 2009
That's really disappointing especially since he's done so well recently. And last year before getting Covid he was chosen to the roster despite not playing well at a lower level?

OgeeOgelthorpe

Sparkplug
Feb 29, 2020
No he wasn't selected and would 100% have gone if he was.
Wally has his flaws but I absolutely think he should have made it. Even if you bring him as your 6th-7th D he's a guy with huge upside. If Edvinsson was to get injured or sick or something this Swedish team is doomed.

Not selected is f***ing stupid. Looking at that list of defenders Wallinder would be the 2nd best defender on that squad. MAYBE 3rd if one of Helge Grans or Emil Andrae learned to play defense.

That center group is really weak as well. Looking at it makes me shocked we're not seeing Leo Carlsson, Noah Ostlund or even Liam Dower-Nilsson.

Barring Wallstedt playing every game and stealing the show and Edvinsson playing 25+ minutes every night, I don't think this Swedish team sniffs a medal round.

lhsgolf19

Oct 4, 2016
Birmingham, MI
Final Rosters/Camps:

Sweden - Edvinsson, Niederbach
USA - Mazur, Savage
Canada - Sebrango, Cossa
Finland - Viro
Czech Republic - Bednar

Looks like we will get 7, I think 1 of the 2 will get picked for the US (I also expect Sebrango to be picked)

Octopus

May 17, 2006
interesting that
Liam Dower Nilsson isn't on the team. Wasn't he captain last year?

ChicagoBullsFan

Jun 6, 2015
Finland
Not dirty but on the edge. Viro didn't do himself any favors by putting himself in that position. I'm glad to hear the kid is OK though.

Yeah Viro put himself vulnerable position
and took a risk which could've been able to cause serious shoulder injury.
if worst case scenario would've happened.

If Viro can't take hits like a man and protect himself his NHL career will be very short.
Viro will face every single night in NHL a players who are bigger and heavier than Åsten
and if his style to take hits is that what it was against HIFK he'll be stretchered out of the ice.

Before the Åsten's hit Viro also turned his head
to look behind of his back and he saw Åsten coming
but still he took the hit like 10yrs old peewee player.

SM liiga's video referee investigated Åsten's hit on Viro and called it clean hit
this mean Åsten will not get suspended so definitely it looked worse what it actually was.
Åsten's hit was penalized 5 minutes for boarding and 20min game misconduct.

I'm hardcore HIFK fan but i don't wanna see anyone getting injured.
Hockey is fast and physical game and hits belongs to hockey.

Viro needs to take that as a learning experience and next time he must protect himself better.
Hopefully this was last time when Viro puts himself in vulnerable position.

Last edited:
Reactions: Henkka

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad