GDT: Wings at Lightning | December 6, 7:00

Status
Not open for further replies.

14ari13

Oct 19, 2006
Norway
It is about the time the wings win vs a good team.
It seems Lalonde has given up on Nedeljkovic. Any news?

OgeeOgelthorpe

Baldina
Feb 29, 2020
The wings played well against Tampa last season but I’m not expecting a win here.

However, this ain’t the cup winning Tampa. Vasilevsky hasn’t been great this year. Neither has Hedman.

If Detroit stays out of the box and doesn’t gift Tampa any goals I think they have a chance.

GreatGordie9

May 11, 2019
Victoria, BC
Starting Husso twice in less than 24 hours is not a good sign in Lalonde's faith in Ned.
Husso hasn't had a history in the NHL as a starter. He deserves the no 1 goalie however we need someone to step up as back up so Husso doesn't burn out from over work.

norrisnick

The best...
Apr 14, 2005
Husso hasn't had a history in the NHL as a starter. He deserves the no 1 goalie however we need someone to step up as back up so Husso doesn't burn out from over work.
Not having a history does not by definition make someone incapable.

lilidk

Mar 4, 2008
Will be hard to beat Red Wings when you have Blashill as coach

Gniwder

Oct 12, 2009
Bellingham, WA
The wings played well against Tampa last season but I’m not expecting a win here.

However, this ain’t the cup winning Tampa. Vasilevsky hasn’t been great this year. Neither has Hedman.

If Detroit stays out of the box and doesn’t gift Tampa any goals I think they have a chance.
350.png

Gniwder

Oct 12, 2009
Bellingham, WA
I expect the wings to put up a tough game but probably end up with an L or in OT.
Road game, so I assume they'll sleep through the first 5 minutes and then wake up when they realized that they shit the bed.

These next 5 games will show us where they really are in terms of progress.

MBH

Players Play
Jul 20, 2019
SE Michigan
redwingsnow.com
Not having a history does not by definition make someone incapable.
This time last year, Ned was 8-3-3 with a .920 gaa.
And everyone thought he was the shit.

It's a well known fact that NHL teams eventually figure out goalies and then goalies gotta adjust.

Husso is 74 games into his career.
Let's see what happens when the scouts find something in his game.

• Haha
Reactions: Cape and NickH8

14ari13

Oct 19, 2006
Norway
This time last year, Ned was 8-3-3 with a .920 gaa.
And everyone thought he was the shit.

It's a well known fact that NHL teams eventually figure out goalies and then goalies gotta adjust.

Husso is 74 games into his career.
Let's see what happens when the scouts find something in his game.
Starting Husso twice in less than 24 hours is not a good sign in Lalonde's faith in Ned.
Nedeljkovic got a lot of support on this board last season. Probably because his name is exotic.
This season, not so much. He is not positionally sound. He reads the play well and reacts well. But when the coach does not start him in back to back games and the GM sings a goalie his chances are very bad.

Reactions: JediOrderPizza

ThankGord

Jul 11, 2018
GR, MI
Nedeljkovic got a lot of support on this board last season. Probably because his name is exotic.
This season, not so much. He is not positionally sound. He reads the play well and reacts well. But when the coach does not start him in back to back games and the GM sings a goalie his chances are very bad.

I think it had more to do with his .932/1.90 rookie season that landed him 3rd in Calder voting.

TheOtherOne

Jan 2, 2010
Lol because his name is exotic?

I think it's because we like when our goalies play well, and dislike when they play badly. But I'm just a simple guy with simple hypotheses.

Reactions: OgeeOgelthorpe
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad