GDT: Wings at Leafs | January 7

Status
Not open for further replies.
Oct 18, 2006
So many “shoot ins” on the PP because we actually don’t have any skill.

Team is sad. I just don’t see the skill in the pipeline either. We’re going to be middle road for years.

NervousPerson

Apr 11, 2010
The SportsNet Now stream that I pay for just crapped out on me. Never happened with GameCenter.

haulinbass

Mar 6, 2014
Looks that way.

What do you mean? We don't need elite players from tanking. We will sign Horvat and win Stanley Cups. If you tank its guaranteed you become losers for eternity because well look at horrible franchises like Edmonton and Buffalo. Just ask around the forums, they will tell you.

+ Tampa got Kucherov and Point later in the draft. Let's build a buisness plan around those odds.

Lazlo Hollyfeld

The jersey ad still sucks
Mar 4, 2004
You said are you watching Stevie, as if something horrific was happening. They're losing to one of the best teams in the league. Do you think that's rock bottom?

People are bringing up 8 years out of the playoffs as if Yzerman has been the GM most of that time. A lot of the damage was done when Holland was GM and some combination of him and ownership sacrificed the future of the team to be 1st round fodder in the playoffs.

lhsgolf19

Oct 4, 2016
Birmingham, MI
By this time next season, if this team is not comfortably in a postseason position, then it's officially time to question Yzerman's performance as GM.

In no way, shape or form should 8 years out of the playoffs be acceptable.

How about bring in actual high end talent instead of a bunch of middling depth players?

It's his job to get Detroit back into championship contention, not gradual "improvement" at a snail's pace. Right now, they look no different than when the postseason streak ended.

Goodness, you sound like Ken Holland or something. It's hard to win games!
Man the trolls on here are something lol

I didn't see Matthews, Ovechkin, McDavid, etc, available as free agents ha, we signed multiple 30 goal scorers/top 6 players... give me a break

StargateSG1

Nov 26, 2016
By this time next season, if this team is not comfortably in a postseason position, then it's officially time to question Yzerman's performance as GM.

In no way, shape or form should 8 years out of the playoffs be acceptable.

How about bring in actual high end talent instead of a bunch of middling depth players?

It's his job to get Detroit back into championship contention, not gradual "improvement" at a snail's pace. Right now, they look no different than when the postseason streak ended.

Goodness, you sound like Ken Holland or something. It's hard to win games!
You understand that Yzerman is pretty much untouchable, right?
He has nothing to do with 7 years and they will allow him to finish whatever the rebuild he started brings.
That being said, I still think he should have gotten scrubs this season, instead of capable players like Perron, Kubalic and Maata

GMR

Jul 27, 2013
Parts Unknown
You understand that Yzerman is pretty much untouchable, right?
He has nothing to do with 7 years and they will allow him to finish whatever the rebuild he started brings.
That being said, I still think he should have gotten scrubs this season, instead of capable players like Perron, Kubalic and Maata
Yzerman was pushing for the playoffs this year. The problem is Bertuzzi is brokedick, Seider/Raymond have deteriorated, and Vrana turned into Syd Barrett. These are not things Yzerman envisioned. The signings have been good, minus Copp.

Gniwder

Oct 12, 2009
Bellingham, WA
Kraken with 8 today, more than Copp will score all season. Watching Kraken more often and Wings less. Neither team has defense but at least Seattle can score.

Lazlo Hollyfeld

The jersey ad still sucks
Mar 4, 2004
Erne does a lot of things right. The puck often ends up on his stick. Unfortunately he just doesn't have the talent to make the most of it.

Reactions: Filppula
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad