GDT: Wings at Florida | 7:30, December 8, 2022

Status
Not open for further replies.

Perfect Human

Dec 17, 2014
If they score first again and get up by a goal or two, the Wings need to step on the gas and put the game away.

They can hold on late, but scoring the sealing goal is still hard for them. Often empty net goals at the end not and put away goals before goalie pull situations.

Reactions: NickH8

NickH8

Jul 3, 2015
If they score first again and get up by a goal or two, the Wings need to step on the gas and put the game away.

They can hold on late, but scoring the sealing goal is still hard for them. Often empty net goals at the end not and put away goals before goalie pull situations.
They fall back too early. Sometimes like last night with only a 2 goal lead at the start of the third. You have to build your lead in today's NHL.

Reactions: Perfect Human

14ari13

Oct 19, 2006
Norway
They fall back too early. Sometimes like last night with only a 2 goal lead at the start of the third. You have to build your lead in today's NHL.
Minnesota had a 5-1 lead and Dallas equalised. So the team has to play 60 min.

This game is easier and harder at the same time than the game vs Bolts.
I believe they beat us badly last season in 2 games, they scored 10+ goals.
So we have to bring a playoffs performance vs them. They will bring their best vs us.
We are 3 points ahead of them with a game in hand. We should play our best and target for the win.
The team has to play well 1st 5 min till Nedeljkovic settles in the game

OgeeOgelthorpe

Baldina
Feb 29, 2020
Florida is decimated by injuries, it's time to pounce on them.

They’re getting better. The two big ones are Barkov and Duclaire.

Here’s their lines from last game.

Florida Panthers Line Combinations | The Morning Puck

They’re still a dangerous team and Ekblad is back now. Granted, Maurice was a clear downgrade in the coaching department and their goaltending hasn’t been spectacular. I don’t want to write Florida off just yet.

The defense needs to come up big around Ned and the team needs to SKATE because this Florida team isn’t as fleet of foot as last season.

Snuggs

Jun 24, 2018
Think Berggren desreves a bit of a promotion.

I'd like to see him play with Copp/Sundqvist vs Erne and see how he does on there. Move Erne down with Veleno or Suters spot next to Rasmussen.

Henkka

Jan 31, 2004
Tampere, Finland
Think Berggren desreves a bit of a promotion.

Yeah, I would put Raymond to 4th line instead of Berggren. Lucas is currently our worst forward at 5-on-5.

Would be nice to test Berggren a bit against better lines, and at same time, give some easier matchups for Raymond to get his confidence back.

It could be a win-win move.

Last edited:
Reactions: Snuggs

Snuggs

Jun 24, 2018
Yeah, would put Raymond to 4th line instead of Berggren, Lucas is currently our worst forward at 5-on-5.

Would be nice to test Berggren a bit against better lines, and at same time, give some easier matchups for Raymond to get his confidence back.

Micky Redmond kind of mentioned before the game. Then watching the game I agree with him;

Kid needs to get a little physical/Chippy. Guys are take runs/shots at him. He's getting a little roughed up and kind of taking while also kind of exposing himself and not doing much to protect/deter guys.

It's the old Cliche' "un-physical euro" but honestly, it's kind of true right now. Any guy playing like that though, not just euros. He better get a little grit in his game, learn to be savvy enough with his stick/elbows, or he'll get checked out of this league. It sounds stupid but I'd just pick a fight with a dude around my size, lol, if I was him.

I'm 5'8, 144lbs. I know what it's like to be bullied on the ice and ways you've got to protect yourself vs the bigger guys. I felt bad watching guys run at him last night.

lilidk

Mar 4, 2008
Yeah, I would put Raymond to 4th line instead of Berggren. Lucas is currently our worst forward at 5-on-5.

Or just make Raymond - Veleno - Berggren line, kid line

Reactions: OgeeOgelthorpe

Henkka

Jan 31, 2004
Tampere, Finland
Haven't been feeling confident with Ned in net. Don't feel good about this one.

It doesn't have to be Ned in the net. One of the two games (against Florida or Dallas) was the Lalonde message.

There's 1 off-day between TBL and FLO, so we can continue with Husso. Use the hot hand for important games.

I'd go with Ned against Dallas, because if we lose, we lose the points to different conference.

Then the next after Dallas game is Eastern playoff game again, against Carolina, so you go there with Husso again.

Reactions: Cyborg Yzerberg

NickH8

Jul 3, 2015

I don't think it's best for Raymond's development to demote him. He needs the reps against good competition. He can score if sheltered, now he needs to learn to score against the big guys.
Normally I'd advocate for the decisi9m that helps us win most but Raymond's development is too important.

acetehubernoob

Jun 28, 2011
Micky Redmond kind of mentioned before the game. Then watching the game I agree with him;

Kid needs to get a little physical/Chippy. Guys are take runs/shots at him. He's getting a little roughed up and kind of taking while also kind of exposing himself and not doing much to protect/deter guys.

It's the old Cliche' "un-physical euro" but honestly, it's kind of true right now. Any guy playing like that though, not just euros. He better get a little grit in his game, learn to be savvy enough with his stick/elbows, or he'll get checked out of this league. It sounds stupid but I'd just pick a fight with a dude around my size, lol, if I was him.

I'm 5'8, 144lbs. I know what it's like to be bullied on the ice and ways you've got to protect yourself vs the bigger guys. I felt bad watching guys run at him last night.
A couple minutes after Raymond got roughed up by Gudbranson he was on the ice and scored a goal right in Gudbranson's kitchen and then stared him in the face and celebrated.

I'm sorry but I'd much rather have that kind of toughness.

Gniwder

Oct 12, 2009
Bellingham, WA

Or maybe he just needs to bulk up like Joey and Berggren? Beggren has picked up over 20 lbs since the draft (or something like that)

Or just make Raymond - Veleno - Berggren line, kid line
My issue with that is Raz gets punished with Suter/Czarnik after playing a decent game. But I would like to see Berggren play with one of Ray/Perron/Kub. Whoever isn't on the first line.

Reactions: lilidk

jaster

Take me off ignore, please.
Jun 8, 2007
So can you watch this game on Hulu? Or just ESPN+?

norrisnick

The best...
Apr 14, 2005
So can you watch this game on Hulu? Or just ESPN+?
1670466330517.png

Reactions: Bench

lilidk

Mar 4, 2008
Or maybe he just needs to bulk up like Joey and Berggren? Beggren has picked up over 20 lbs since the draft (or something like that)

My issue with that is Raz gets punished with Suter/Czarnik after playing a decent game. But I would like to see Berggren play with one of Ray/Perron/Kub. Whoever isn't on the first line.
I don't get how we use Rasmussen, he is probably the best on the team with puck redirecting skills and he is not on PP. I also think he should be second line wing

Reactions: Filppula

norrisnick

The best...
Apr 14, 2005
Ah, yeah, but I looked it up a few minutes ago and the listings lie. You need Hulu Live, not the basic Hulu. (I didn’t realize there’s a difference until now)
That's what you get for being a basic bitch...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad