GDT: Wings at Caps, February 21

Status
Not open for further replies.

GreatGordie9

May 11, 2019
Victoria, BC
I don't care who sits, Vrana needs to play because their D is sketchy at best. Carlson is LTIR, and they called up McIlrath as a spare (most likely not playing though). 3-7-0 last 10 and lost 4 in a row. Oldest team in the league (average is over 30).
I don't expect Ovechkin will be back from Russia.

Gniwder

Oct 12, 2009
Bellingham, WA
I don't expect Ovechkin will be back from Russia.
Funeral was Saturday, but still listed as non-roster. I could see him missing a couple more games.

Th team isn't providing any further updates since everyone understands the situation. He'll be back when he's back, but I would expect an update when he's on the flight, so if we don't hear anything by tomorrow morning I would assume he's out.

jaster

Take me off ignore, please.
Jun 8, 2007
"It's revenge night in the nation's capital, where Jakub Vrana makes his long awaited return and looks to put his former team in czech, before waiving goodbye to his former mates. Some say Vrana marches to the beat of his own drum, but Vrana himself insists it's Prague rock. Either way, jaster is definitely not as good at this as @dalem177 and hereby retires from Plausible Keats'ing."

Last edited:

RED WINGS STOMP

Nov 28, 2022
Hopefully the PP gets back on track this game. The home and road splits on the Wings PP this year are insane.

Reddwit

Feb 4, 2016
I could see them giving Berggren a game's rest. Hasn't been as impactful the last few.
Could be. Think he said in a recent interview that either the AHL season caught up to him last year, or that the schedule was catching up to him this year. Either way, he acknowledges it happens to him, maybe he could use a breather. Could also be Sunny of course.

Gniwder

Oct 12, 2009
Bellingham, WA
I could see them giving Berggren a game's rest. Hasn't been as impactful the last few.
Needs a winger on the other side that can keep up with him. I want to see him play WITH Vrana, not get replaced by him. The other option is to play Vrana with Zadina, because they seem to have some chemistry. Zadina is playing better in the context that he isn't making the same old mistakes, but he's still borderline NHL.

... but in the end, I don't care who gets scratched, as long as Vrana is in the lineup.

jaster

Take me off ignore, please.
Jun 8, 2007
The team made the playoffs every season Kindl was on the roster, the streak actually ended when Kindl left.....
giphy.gif

dalem177

Plausible Keats
Oct 4, 2021
Minnesota
"It's revenge night in the nation's capital, where Jakub Vrana makes his long awaited return and looks to put his former team in czech, before waiving goodbye to his former mates. Some say Vrana marches to the beat of his own drum, but Vrana himself insists it's Prague rock. Either way, jaster is definitely not as good at this as @dalem177 and hereby retires from Plausible Keats'ing."

It's fun though, isn't it?

I think I'll take a swing tomorrow before the game too. Usually Tuesday nights are roleplaying game nights, but we're supposed to get maybe 1 - 2 feet of snow the next few days, and it's supposed to really start tomorrow. So I might not be rolling dice, and might be free for some chel.

Reactions: jaster

Henkka

Jan 31, 2004
Tampere, Finland
Capitals roster on last practise:

Sheary - Kuznetsov - Wilson
Milano - Bäckström - Johansson
Mantha - Strome - Oshie
Aube-Kubel - Dowd - Hathaway

Orlov - van Riemsdyk
Fehervary - Jensen
Gustafsson - McIlrath

Kumper probably starting.

That team is really depleted, when Ovechkin and Carlson are out. 2/3 of top players.

Matt Irwin is missing too, not important player, but c'mon, he has been replaced with Dylan McIlrath.

3-7-0 on last 10 games.

Mister Ed

Dec 21, 2008
Capitals roster on last practise:

Sheary - Kuznetsov - Wilson
Milano - Bäckström - Johansson
Mantha - Strome - Oshie
Aube-Kubel - Dowd - Hathaway

Orlov - van Riemsdyk
Fehervary - Jensen
Gustafsson - McIlrath

Kumper probably starting.

That team is really depleted, when Ovechkin and Carlson are out. 2/3 of top players.

Matt Irwin is missing too, not important player, but c'mon, he has been replaced with Dylan McIlrath.

3-7-0 on last 10 games.

The players will need to keep their heads up, he's a nasty mofo.

4-2 Red Wings win, 2 goals from Oshie.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad