GDT: Wings at Canes

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jul 30, 2005
I mean, what is location, really
Only two more games of hearing people complain about the Wings not losing enough while also complaining the rebuild is rudderless because they're losing these games.
I think those are different people making those complaints.

I want the Wings to lose *because* the rebuild is working. They're almost done, but they need a bit more.

Detroit Knights

Feb 29, 2012
Only two more games of hearing people complain about the Wings not losing enough while also complaining the rebuild is rudderless because they're losing these games.
ehhhhhh think you are short changing the complaining. 90% sure it continues until draft lottery. Then when we still don't get a break from the NHL in the draft lottery, it will then continue until the draft. After the draft is when it'll stop.

Then again...

OgeeOgelthorpe

Baldina
Feb 29, 2020
I think those are different people making those complaints.

I want the Wings to lose *because* the rebuild is working. They're almost done, but they need a bit more.

What if I told you that it didn't matter if we win or lose tonight because Detroit can't go higher than 11th in the draft?

Detroit can't catch Ottawa's 85 points. They are also 1 point behind the 11th worst team St. Louis who have 2 games left to play.
Washington faces Boston and New Jersey. They aren't walking away with 2 wins. I don't think they get a single point.
Vancouver plays Anaheim and Arizona. They might walk away with 1 win because they're pathetic.

So if Detroit wins no more games, Vancouver wins 1 and Washington wins 0 we pick 9th. If Detroit gets a single point they are picking no lower than 10th.

I wrote in a different thread that since 2017 there have been 7 teams ABOVE of Detroit in the standings that won the lotto while only 4 teams BELOW Detroit have won and moved up. So...yeah. Tanking. Not necessarily the greatest option unless you're New Jersey or New York.

Also! The players picked between 5 and 8 are really not a clear cut above the guys going from 9 to 15 in this draft. I don't think Will Smith at #5 and Benson at #6 are a clear cut above guys like Eduard Sale, Oliver Moore, Brayden Yager or Ryan Leonard.

lilidk

Mar 4, 2008
Very important game for Carolina, they lost last 3 games and if they don't show up today I just hope they don't play against NYI

Jul 30, 2005
Also! The players picked between 5 and 8 are really not a clear cut above the guys going from 9 to 15 in this draft. I don't think Will Smith at #5 and Benson at #6 are a clear cut above guys like Eduard Sale, Oliver Moore, Brayden Yager or Ryan Leonard.
To us, maybe, but it's not our call. For all we know, The Wings have somebody they like better. And I'd prefer for them to have the opportunity. Even if they don't have somebody they prefer, it's better safe than sorry, so I'd rather they lose tonight.

OgeeOgelthorpe

Baldina
Feb 29, 2020
To us, maybe, but it's not our call. For all we know, The Wings have somebody they like better. And I'd prefer for them to have the opportunity. Even if they don't have somebody they prefer, it's better safe than sorry, so I'd rather they lose tonight.

I have faith that the Wings will pick a good player whether they finish 8th worst, 12th worst or 18th worst. The development system has improved leaps and bounds since Yzerman took over, particularly in Europe. And even with their mid to late picks in the CHL and NCAA they've had decent luck. I don't expect that to change in a a very deep draft.

Jul 30, 2005
I have faith that the Wings will pick a good player whether they finish 8th worst, 12th worst or 18th worst. The development system has improved leaps and bounds since Yzerman took over, particularly in Europe. And even with their mid to late picks in the CHL and NCAA they've had decent luck. I don't expect that to change in a a very deep draft.
It's great to have faith, but I'd prefer to back it up with a tangible advantage, too.

Spitfire11

Jan 17, 2003
Ontario
Wasn’t it obvious Yzerman wants as high a pick as possible when he sold off Bertuzzi and especially Hronek. The difference between 1-2 spots at the draft can be ending up with Seider vs Broberg. It’s great you have faith in them to make a good pick regardless, I do too, but I’d rather see them be in the best position possible to get the guy they really want.

dalem177

Plausible Keats
Oct 4, 2021
Minnesota
"Two teams, one cup. Detroit won't be be drinking from that cup this summer, and the Hurricanes could be blowing their own chances this week if the Wings can fly in the face of a depleted roster and deliver the storm of offense that never really materialized during the last game." - Plausible Keats

Reactions: Stony Curtis

Detroit Knights

Feb 29, 2012
With a couple monster games he could match his rookie scoring. He already has one 4pt game this year....
Interestingly...Seider has almost the same amount of points, but has considerably lower shot attempts this year. 187 for last year and 138 this year. And he is almost at 2 full seasons, no games off. amazing.

Reactions: odin1981

RED WINGS STOMP

Nov 28, 2022
Ned is anti tank, get him outta here.

Larks a true captain, sacrifices personal milestones for the betterment of the tank

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad