• Braden Schneider

• Igor Shesterkin

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Unpredictable1

Jan 27, 2008
Alberta
Is there a clip of the savage sauce yesterday that Shesty threw up and hit the tape on the opposite blue line? Can't quite remember exactly when during the game because there was just too much family here yesterday for me to recall lol

ohbaby

Apr 4, 2007
Or they thought, "we already gave them a 5-on-3, enough with the Ranger power plays."
Larkin's hit, while extremely late, was in response to Frankie plastering a Detroit player along the boards seconds earlier that set that play in motion.

Levitate

Jul 29, 2004
dang all ya'll talking about franky v's shot really don't remember what kind of sniper gaborik was

Gabrok's release was definitely better and faster, he had better accuracy, and just snapped that thing and it was in the net

Vatrano has a great shot. It's not Gaborik level. The 'new shiny toy' thing is in strong effect here

What Vatrano has going for him is that he's a pretty good all around player with a great shot who's not afraid to use it. That he's a good all around player (at least so far for the Rangers) seperates him from players like Piri who had a great shot but that was basically the only thing they're good at

Gaborik had an an elite shot. There's a reason one guy scored 40 goals and another has never scored more than 24

egelband

Sep 6, 2008
I've never seen fans of any team think their team plays well in matinees.
It’s true. The pet peeves we have sounds a lot like the pet peeves of the fans of other teams.
Our team is too soft. We don’t shoot enough. Too many stupid penalties. Whipping boys. Etc.

Glen Sathers Cigar

Sather 4 Ever
Feb 4, 2013
New York
I would've bet significant money on Lafreniere scoring in this game. Kid seems to respond every time he's challenged and has a flair for the dramatic. He's a gamer, he definitely has that "it" factor gene that most star players have. Let's hope he can keep progressing and his play will reflect that.

Btw how about the overall L that Larking took in this game? He was on for 3 of our goals scored against them, he had that embarrassing petulant late hit on Vatrano when he scored and the got deked out of his jock on the Lafreniere goal. Definitely an afternoon he's going to want to forget.

Unpredictable1

Jan 27, 2008
Alberta
dang all ya'll talking about franky v's shot really don't remember what kind of sniper gaborik was

Gabrok's release was definitely better and faster, he had better accuracy, and just snapped that thing and it was in the net

Vatrano has a great shot. It's not Gaborik level. The 'new shiny toy' thing is in strong effect here

What Vatrano has going for him is that he's a pretty good all around player with a great shot who's not afraid to use it. That he's a good all around player (at least so far for the Rangers) seperates him from players like Piri who had a great shot but that was basically the only thing they're good at

Gaborik had an an elite shot. There's a reason one guy scored 40 goals and another has never scored more than 24

I don't think many people are saying Vatrano is on par or better at shooting than Gaborik. But definitely lots of excitement over this guy, I agree. (myself included)

In the end it's just that when Vatrano has little to no time or space, he can still get a rocket off to the net. Very hard, heavy shot. The accuracy is clearly not near what Gaborik had goin on in the bushes.

If I had soft drink cans placed all over the net and needed someone to hit over 95% - I'm dialing Gaborik's digits.

For me on Vatrano, I'm so incredibly happy that we have a "shoot first, ask questions later" player, and that he always got mustard on it. (not to mention the speed and good dose of grit) :)

Cheers man!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad