Windsor Spitfires 2023-24 Off-Season Thread (Part 2)

hockeylegend11

Sep 11, 2010
Also played 1 game Jr C with Essex 73's
during season scored 1 goal.
As well in the playoffs with his original team he had 3G,4A,7 Pts in 7 games.

Reactions: OHLTG

DetSpitsFan

Nov 20, 2016
Third pick - F Matteo Vilardi. 5'11 170 out of Windsor Jr Spitfires. 29 points in 34 games.
Any relation to Francesco or Gabe?

Now I’m not certain what the roster will look like this season, but it sounds like there are a lot of high potential options, and it very well may be a “earn your spot” kinda year.

Reactions: Section 103

OHLTG

Nov 18, 2008
behind lens, Ontario
Any relation to Francesco or Gabe?

Now I’m not certain what the roster will look like this season, but it sounds like there are a lot of high potential options, and it very well may be a “earn your spot” kinda year.

I don't know about potential relations; could be cousins or something?! Agreed on the "earn your spot" idea. A buddy was asking about that earlier and I said "you load up the prospects now and see who wins in camp."

Houndzfan20

Oct 31, 2017
2nd rd - D Noah Caswell. 5'11 175 from Waterloo Wolves. 17 points or something in 33 games. Was their captain at some point, too.
Just watched this kid all week here in the soo for the all ontarios. Very disappointed we didn't take him. There were a number of kids on that waterloo team that could have been taken that weren't. Caswell was very impressive.
Did everything really well.

windsor7

Nov 29, 2015
I don't know about potential relations; could be cousins or something?! Agreed on the "earn your spot" idea. A buddy was asking about that earlier and I said "you load up the prospects now and see who wins in camp."
Need a experienced coaching staff that knows what r doing behind the bench..

Reactions: oldPeng and OHL 17

OHLTG

Nov 18, 2008
behind lens, Ontario
Just watched this kid all week here in the soo for the all ontarios. Very disappointed we didn't take him. There were a number of kids on that waterloo team that could have been taken that weren't. Caswell was very impressive.
Did everything really well.

Chances are he'll spend some time in Jr B and get called up when needed. Play the game the right way, develop, and lead by example. He's clearly got an ability to become a future leader. You can never have too many of those types.

hockeylegend11

Sep 11, 2010
Gates and Metiukov were two names that caught my eye.
Not surprised Kapageridis went early,he and the Gates kid interested me the most,Kapageradis goes 2nd to Sarnia and Gates goes 7th,Windsor clearly targeted a goalie with their 1st pick,and it appears their 2nd pick a dman may eventually play here,time will certainly tell but all reports suggest a good pick,with this draft one never knows and I am not being smart saying that.
3rd selection a local forward who even played up a Jr C for a game and scored,tells me he will have a shot making La Salle,develop furthur and see what happens.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad