Windsor Spitfires 2023-24 Off-Season Thread (Part 2)

RayzorIsDull

Nov 16, 2007
bp on hfboards
I understand what you're trying to say. Does this have more to do with what the Sputs have on D though? Reports were he had a very average 22-23 and this year he has played 20 total games.

I would also say the idea of Cristoforo being traded for a shutdown D seems more like a wish. The consensus here is he had an absolutely terrible year. Now they can trade him for a shutdown D?? I can only imagine if he got traded and killed it. I guess it's possible. Look at DeAngelis this year.....

Reactions: DetSpitsFan

ohloutsider

Jan 13, 2016
Rock & Hardplace
If you can land a first round NHL talent, you don't ask questions.
Yes agreed.
I do find it funny that we are dissecting an import draft pick 2 months before the draft when so much can change in that time. The negative response gets read by everyone in his camp so why even send vibes we don't want him here? Not only him but others may sidestep coming here and yes players and family and agents read this stuff so why drive players interest in another direction? Rant over.

punch1943

Apr 15, 2012
South Detroit
1714750978167.jpeg

Looks like Spits expect most of draft picks to show

Reactions: Section 103

spitsfan24

Mar 18, 2017
Orientation camp rosters were just released. Maybe it's just me, but I can't say I expected to see Garden, Gram, and (especially) Windbiel all attending.

Is it normal for Americans to come to this camp even if they're not interested in signing? My memory is failing me right now.

ohloutsider

Jan 13, 2016
Rock & Hardplace
Orientation camp rosters were just released. Maybe it's just me, but I can't say I expected to see Garden, Gram, and (especially) Windbiel all attending.

Is it normal for Americans to come to this camp even if they're not interested in signing? My memory is failing me right now.
They will come for the ice time and to check things out but most don't show for the main selection camp in August.

windsor7

Nov 29, 2015

What coach will run it...

RayzorIsDull

Nov 16, 2007
bp on hfboards
I believe you're thinking too much about this. Sarnia fans aren't happy with their team very often and they have a great history of getting imports. I would think the player parents and representative care much more about who the coach is and the team they are coming to. This is no different except on a much higher level college basketball or football have larger following and have sicko fans. Look no further than message board geniuses on Twitter. If a player is going to read a board and have questions about the franchise instead of talking to actual people he's probably not going to like his future if he's an aspiring pro.

Reactions: Teflon and windsor7

OHLTG

Nov 18, 2008
behind lens, Ontario
If you can land a first round NHL talent, you don't ask questions.

Don't get me wrong, I'd love to have him here. It would just require some reshuffling of the roster because we have Cristoforo/Woodall in the same roles.

Oh, and per the KW Record - "For those wondering, the Rangers no longer have the rights to Danish-born defenceman Aron Kiviharju. Kitchener selected the rearguard in the second round of this year’s CHL import draft. Kiviharju is a highly-prized prospect that is expected to go in the first round of next year’s NHL draft but is currently sidelined until January with an injury."

windsor7

Nov 29, 2015
Don't get me wrong, I'd love to have him here. It would just require some reshuffling of the roster because we have Cristoforo/Woodall in the same roles.

Oh, and per the KW Record - "For those wondering, the Rangers no longer have the rights to Danish-born defenceman Aron Kiviharju. Kitchener selected the rearguard in the second round of this year’s CHL import draft. Kiviharju is a highly-prized prospect that is expected to go in the first round of next year’s NHL draft but is currently sidelined until January with an injury."
Pass..

Cherrydon

Jan 4, 2019
WINDSOR

Agree with you. We have 2 similar D sized players same age Woodall I'd keep as he didn't play much rookie year and is blossoming into a real asset. Cristoforo has repressed and whether it is all him or circumstances, may at least fetch some return but we need to rid 1 to male room for a 1st class import D if they have a similar style. Honestly Cristoforo could use a change of scenery as a D. Now move him to forward and he might be worth keeping since his efforts offensively deep outshine his D play by a country mile.

Reactions: windsor7

hockeylegend11

Sep 11, 2010
Having Ethan Garden in camp is huge, no? Building a relationship at minimum.
Agree about having Garden at rookie camp and building relationships, though last year Easton Pace was here too only American born player drafted last season of their 11 picks ,shortly after rookie camp he committed to Colorado College and I doubt we see him here this coming camp in August.
Having 3 of the 4 Americans that we drafted this past draft coming here is a good thing and we shall see how things go.
Would not surprise me if the goalie returns for main camp,as for Gardner and the dman would be pleasantly surprised if both came to main camp.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Monza vs Lazio
    Monza vs Lazio
    Wagers: 2
    Staked: $245.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • FC Köln vs Freiburg
    FC Köln vs Freiburg
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $370.00