GDT: Game 7 | Leafs @ Bruins | COME BACK CONTINUES - SLAY THE DRAGON EDITION | Saturday, May 4; 8 p.m. EST | Leafs tied series 3-3

Status
Not open for further replies.

Farsailor

Aug 4, 2018
Imo, unless Matthews is not 100%, leave him out. Team is playing so well right now.

If you put him in, put him with the Robertson, Holmberg, Gregor line (insane I know). Limit his ice time.
If he can play, even if only on pp he should play, and scratch Robertson imo.

SprDaVE

Sep 20, 2008
Imo, unless Matthews is not 100%, leave him out. Team is playing so well right now.

If you put him in, put him with the Robertson, Holmberg, Gregor line (insane I know). Limit his ice time.

Seems very unlikely he plays. If they had an extra day off it's a little more likely.

mcleex

Fire Parros
Jul 3, 2009
I really hope the memo is to get everything on net. Literally drive the net, crash the net, shoot everything towards the net. This isn't the type of game to be cute
The Knies goal in OT came from a nothing play where Tavares willed his way to the net
These ugly goals win game 7s not the pretty tape to tape passes for that highlight reel goal
The dirty grunts like Bertuzzi will have to wack one in off a skate

Also for the love of god please stop the first shot on goal

Reactions: Al14

Commander Clueless

Apathy of the Leaf
Sep 10, 2008
So we have the ref who called the infamous Holl pick and also the second worst ref when it comes to win-loss?

The gauntlet is thrown. :laugh:

notbias

Feb 16, 2017
Can we change the PP strategy please?

It has been changed multiple times in this series.

I think at this point it is more execution than anything.

Also, even for how bad it has been, they are still getting shots.

Swayman has saved all 21 shots on the PP, we scored on Ullmark who is 8/9 and has the best SV% of any goalie with a goal against on the PP.

hockeyes

Jun 15, 2013
It has been changed multiple times in this series.

I think at this point it is more execution than anything.

Also, even for how bad it has been, they are still getting shots.

Swayman has saved all 21 shots on the PP, we scored on Ullmark who is 8/9 and has the best SV% of any goalie with a goal against on the PP.
The strategy hasn't changed though. It's still a stationary perimeter passing game, in which the point can be 100% ignored, after burning 60% of the clock regrouping and drop passing.

PocketNines

Cutter's Way
Apr 29, 2004
Badlands
force meets immovable object

I was screaming at the TV at him during the first period in 2019 in Boston because if you remember all that chaos in the Blues zone and all those Bruin chances ... let's just say Edmundson was involved in that and it makes me nervous every time I rewatch that game, which is a lot of times

Confucius

There is no try, Just do
Feb 8, 2009
Toronto
Upcoming an even bigger game from William than the last one. William loves the spotlight, he has that shine the light on me persona.

Jimmy Firecracker

They Fired Sheldon!
Mar 30, 2010
Mississauga

If Matthews can play I’m putting him between Holmberg and Robertson. Holmberg has found Matthews for goals before and I think Auston and Nick have an underrated chemistry. Robertson always seems to score when Matthews is out there with him, probably because the opposition refers to covering Matthews and that leaves Robertson open.

notbias

Feb 16, 2017
The strategy hasn't changed though. It's still a stationary perimeter passing game, in which the point can be 100% ignored, after burning 60% of the clock regrouping and drop passing.

They are still generating chances.

Also, zone entry in general is decent, it is what they do after.

they are shooting 3.85%, everyone else is over 11% (LA is at 0%), and the highest team is 30%.

They have the 7th highest expected goals which means they are generating chances.

They have the 4th highest shots on goal.

They have the 9th highest high-danger chances, 7th highest medium-danger chances, and 2nd highest low-danger chances.

I think it is more execution than systems, they are still average to above average at generating chances.

Reactions: aingefan

MapleLeafs77

Oct 20, 2017

If Matthews can play I’m putting him between Holmberg and Robertson. Holmberg has found Matthews for goals before and I think Auston and Nick have an underrated chemistry. Robertson always seems to score when Matthews is out there with him, probably because the opposition refers to covering Matthews and that leaves Robertson open.

Lol why does everyone want our lines to stay the same or matthews playing on the third line? We have barely scored goals. That cant last or we will lose at some point. No one is generating offence.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad