Windsor Spitfires 2022-23 Off-Season Thread (Part 7)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Spits1963

Dec 17, 2014
Re: Dionicio
I’m hoping the rule has been changed as others are suggesting, but in the 2019 Western conference finals Saginaw goalie
Ivan Prosvetov shot the puck into the crowd after a Guelph goal. It was an automatic 5 game suspension and was not buy back eligible, and probably cost Saginaw the championship. The league takes this very serious as someone could get really hurt as people stop paying attention to the puck because of the goal. I watched the puck last night when he flipped it up and over the netting and I first thought it came down on top of someone’s head and sure would have injured someone. For our sake I hope I’m wrong but maybe someone with better connection to team could investigate this a little more.

EvenSteven

Sep 3, 2009
I’m hoping the rule has been changed as others are suggesting, but in the 2019 Western conference finals Saginaw goalie
Ivan Prosvetov shot the puck into the crowd after a Guelph goal. It was an automatic 5 game suspension and was not buy back eligible, and probably cost Saginaw the championship. The league takes this very serious as someone could get really hurt as people stop paying attention to the puck because of the goal. I watched the puck last night when he flipped it up and over the netting and I first thought it came down on top of someone’s head and sure would have injured someone. For our sake I hope I’m wrong but maybe someone with better connection to team could investigate this a little more.
Damiani got an automatic 5 in Kitchener a few years ago too.
The league takes this seriously.

EvenSteven

Sep 3, 2009
As did Luke Cavallin I believe and if I’m not mistaken, it was the same thing and it wasn’t intentional, the puck just got away from him.
Rangers had an empty net goal against in the dying seconds and a frustrated Damiani tried to roof the puck into the empty net, missed, and the puck cleared the end zone twine.

5 games.

tomschman

Oct 29, 2015
A Niagara fan warned us about him when we acquired him. Maybe we have seen the dark side that the Niagara fan was talking about.

Jawk

Sep 29, 2021
Last time I saw it happen was a Hamilton player. After whistle he flicked the puck to himself, then tried to flick it out of the air to the linesman and it went over the glass. Fairly certain it was an automatic 2 games.

TheGremlin

May 23, 2018
Somewhere
It was a brain fart to be certain, but one that comes from a passion to beat the London Knights. If losing him for a few games against the 8th seed sinks this team it wasn't truly a contender anyway.
I have to agree with this. Losing a Dman shouldn’t cause you to lose a series to an 8th seed no matter what team it is they play.

Reactions: DetSpitsFan

windsor7

Nov 29, 2015
Maybe Windsor will catch a break and it will be only 2 games or less... however does Windsor get breaks...

Cherrydon

Jan 4, 2019
WINDSOR
I get it that a tossed puck in the crowd could injure a fan, hence the suspension. It just seems rather harsh compared to deliberately intent to injure a player usually nets you 2-3 games unless it is a repeat offender.

hockeylegend11

Sep 11, 2010
He has exceeded all expectations to date. He did make a mistake last night, and might face a suspension. His passion was overcooked! It certainly is not worthy of yet another, "everything is broken with The Spits", scenerio!
Interestingly I was speaking to an NHL scout last night regarding Dionicio incident was very surprised it would be 5 games,in the American League it's a 2 minute penalty no suspension.
Myself had he fired it into the crowd,I get a suspension but with puck on edge and lifting it out is different to me,and I would say the same if it were an opposing player too.

AKADonovan

Apr 30, 2014
Sudbury
I get it that a tossed puck in the crowd could injure a fan, hence the suspension. It just seems rather harsh compared to deliberately intent to injure a player usually nets you 2-3 games unless it is a repeat offender.
In Kingston this season, Quentin Musty from the Wolves flipped one of the little foam chuck a pucks back over the glass.
Automatic two games!

hockeylegend11

Sep 11, 2010
Last year after 68 games Spits had 95 points with a record of 44-17-4-3
This season their record was 44-18-4-2 for 94 points.
Goals for last year 305
This season 320
Goals against last year 248 including 9 empty netters
This year goals against 265 including 11 empty netters
Major difference aside from far more injuries overall this year is
Last year Windsor's 2 goalies Medina and Onuska were 3.05 and 3.34 respectively average wise
This season Costanzo was 3.03 and Onuska who was expected to be #1 was 4.44,unfortunately worst average amongst OA goalies in the OHL.
Spits last year the last 30 games were on a heater they went 23-4-2-1
This year with close to 100 man games missed 93 plus Onuska time missed record was 18-9-1-1.
Last year Spits were 0--1-1 in their last 2 games of the season,this year 1-1.
They started the playoffs vs Sarnia and won it in 6 games last year in Round 1
Looking forward to round 1,something tells me it will Kitchener in round 1 hope I am wrong.

Cherrydon

Jan 4, 2019
WINDSOR
In Kingston this season, Quentin Musty from the Wolves flipped one of the little foam chuck a pucks back over the glass.
Automatic two games!
Personally that is crazy. The league needs to put the situation in context of what is happening. Anger motivated etc. Foam puck to a fan should not be a suspension imo. Unfortunately I'm not Branch lol.

TheGremlin

May 23, 2018
Somewhere
Interestingly I was speaking to an NHL scout last night regarding Dionicio incident was very surprised it would be 5 games,in the American League it's a 2 minute penalty no suspension.
Myself had he fired it into the crowd,I get a suspension but with puck on edge and lifting it out is different to me,and I would say the same if it were an opposing player too.
Its not like here tossed it over the glass. He cleared the netting by like 10-15 feet. That’s quite a toss. It seems to have been 5 games for a while now.

Reactions: DetSpitsFan

TheGremlin

May 23, 2018
Somewhere
Do the crime, he will do the time. Doesn't change the fact that I disagree with it for any team any player unless it was a deliberate hard snap slap or wrist shot. Those happen in the game and it is only 2 minutes.
During the game tho you are suppose to be watching the puck. After a goal you are either celebrating, looking for the replay or bitching lol. You aren’t paying attention to the puck. Dionicio knew exactly what he was doing

windsor7

Nov 29, 2015
Last year after 68 games Spits had 95 points with a record of 44-17-4-3
This season their record was 44-18-4-2 for 94 points.
Goals for last year 305
This season 320
Goals against last year 248 including 9 empty netters
This year goals against 265 including 11 empty netters
Major difference aside from far more injuries overall this year is
Last year Windsor's 2 goalies Medina and Onuska were 3.05 and 3.34 respectively average wise
This season Costanzo was 3.03 and Onuska who was expected to be #1 was 4.44,unfortunately worst average amongst OA goalies in the OHL.
Spits last year the last 30 games were on a heater they went 23-4-2-1
This year with close to 100 man games missed 93 plus Onuska time missed record was 18-9-1-1.
Last year Spits were 0--1-1 in their last 2 games of the season,this year 1-1.
They started the playoffs vs Sarnia and won it in 6 games last year in Round 1
Looking forward to round 1,something tells me it will Kitchener in round 1 hope I am wrong.
Medina again..

• Haha
Reactions: oldPeng

spits

Jul 24, 2013
If Dionico gets 5 games, that's more than Pinelli got for his dirty cross check to the back of Abrahams neck which caused serious injury. League has turned into a joke.

BTW, Windsor Star articles states it might be a suspension, it's being reviewed. Its not an auto 5 games.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad