Windsor Spitfires 2021-22 Season Thread (Part 4)

Status
Not open for further replies.

hockeylegend11

Sep 11, 2010
Solid character win on the road after what this team has been through the past 2 weeks approximately with the covid situation, trade deadline with long time players traded,against the 1st place team in the West.
Dominating performance by the Johnston, Maggio Cuylle line 8 points 4 goals plus the 1 by Abraham.
As mentioned above a bit of a nasty affair 4 fights,1st fights for all the Windsor combatants in their OHL career,Abraham, Jodoin, Deangelis and O'Flaherty, in fact only Abraham in double digits for Pims before the scraps.
Hounds can't intimidate this group that's for sure.
Perrott gets an assist,was a +1 on the night,solid effort, the unfairly maligned Henault also had an assist and was a plus 2,Currie though pointless was a +1,and was engaged physically throughout the contest,solid game from the Maillet, D'amico line even though they were -1 against Sault best line.
Johnston, Maggio and Cuylle all +3 on the night,dman Michael Renwick was +4 for the game,very solid,nice game from DeAngilis, Medina solid when needed,allowing 2 goals,only 1 at even strength, other a shorty,nice bounce back from his Kitchener outing.
Tomorrow should be interesting
Dont take anything for granted ,hopefully by Windsor show the Hounds again that they are in for the long haul.

Reactions: Cherrydon

OHLTG

Nov 18, 2008
behind lens, Ontario
Here's a question... out of pure curiosity...

Assuming the Spitfires were to go after McTavish, what would you offer up?

(I say it like that in case I get "they'd never do it" or similar... let's actually think outside the box on this one)

Fischhaber

Sep 3, 2014
Great win for Windsor.
Solid effort.
Go for sweep tmrw.
Might be a tougher game. Soo probably a bit irritated.

Windsor played a trap for a lot of the game, which surprised me. It didn't appear that the Greyhounds were prepared for it either, so credit to Savard. I expect a lot of adjustments from both coaches tomorrow.

Reactions: ohloutsider

hockeylegend11

Sep 11, 2010
Great win for Windsor.
Solid effort.
Go for sweep tmrw.
Might be a tougher game. Soo probably a bit irritated.

Solid post

Agree SSM might be irritated
I hope so,then they will have to contend with the likes of Perrott, Ribau, Cuylle, Currie,D'amico all of whom can go,would not end well for the Hounds imo.

windsor7

Nov 29, 2015
Solid post

Agree SSM might be irritated
I hope so,then they will have to contend with the likes of Perrott, Ribau, Cuylle, Currie,D'amico all of whom can go,would not end well for the Hounds imo.

U dont want cullye or d'amico to fight.
Cant score in the penalty box. Never could.
And if they got hurt, that would hurt the team.
Be smart.

OHLTG

Nov 18, 2008
behind lens, Ontario
Be smart.

Someone could get hurt blocking a random slapshot. It's part of the game. IF Cuylle or D'Amico were to fight, you have enough depth up front to cover them for the five minutes.

That said, it was good to see the rookies standing up for themselves. Add in Currie helping out and Perrott being there if needed.... there's little worry about that area heading forward.

hockeylegend11

Sep 11, 2010
Be smart.

If teams get silly or stupid they must the answer bell.
That being said do I prefer the players to fight that I listed no,Hounds will have to worry about injuries, maybe they shouldn't seek revenge, play the game,what happens happens.

Reactions: ohloutsider

hockeylegend11

Sep 11, 2010
Someone could get hurt blocking a random slapshot. It's part of the game. IF Cuylle or D'Amico were to fight, you have enough depth up front to cover them for the five minutes.

Agree

Now with O'Flaherty getting the instigator in the last minute of the game in his fight,pretty sure he is gone for 2.
Assuming that's correct, expect either Baisov or Birkett, may depend on who is feeling the better of the 2,to get in,I am tempted if both are good to go I would sit Jodoin,and throw both in the lineup.
Now if only one is good to go,I would consider putting Bronson Ride in for Jodoin,besides if Perrott or Ribau or both get involved fistically,Ride is a good back up then even though Jodoin could do the same.
Thinking of ways to get others in that's all.
Like I said pretty about O'Flaherty 's fate.

That said, it was good to see the rookies standing up for themselves. Add in Currie helping out and Perrott being there if needed.... there's little worry about that area heading forward.

OHLTG

Nov 18, 2008
behind lens, Ontario
Now with O'Flaherty getting the instigator in the last minute of the game in his fight,pretty sure he is gone for 2.

Here's the OHL rulebook - 46.10Instigator in Final Five Minutes of Regulation Time (or Anytime in Overtime) - A player who is deemed to be the instigator of an altercation in the final five (5) minutes of regulation time or at any time in overtime shall be assessed an instigator minor penalty, a major penalty for fighting, and a game misconduct penalty

Reactions: DetSpitsFan

DetSpitsFan

Nov 20, 2016
This Windsor team is a very interesting dynamic in 2022 and look more like a team out of 2002.

I’d hate to play against Windsor as a player. Regardless of the line out there Windsor has speed, someone that can put the puck in the net, and you know you’re going to be hit.

Finishing the checks in the first period really set the tone for the game. It’s a bit silly how into fights the crowd still is despite it being pushed out of the game, yet the arenas empty and the boys all wanna go.

I do remember hearing of a suspension with a fight under some stipulation within last 5 minutes of game, within “x” amount of goals at some point in time, prior to the 3 fight rule. If it was Cuylle I’d be concerned, but with some extra bodies on the bus, if O Flaherty wants to go and it’s not changing the outcome of the game, good on him. Let him go out there and try and prove a point.

I’m a fan of Abraham’s skating and excited to see him improve. I think Peers speed is a bit underrated, and I hope he can show up on the scorecard a bit more. I don’t seem him as a game changer, but a key role player. Maggio looks good on the top line, and Wyatt is on a tear.

I’m really hoping this new wave of Covid cools down, because I feel like this is an exciting team to watch, that’s worthy of filling up the WFCU.

I don’t want to speak too soon on the moves that we’re made, but stuff seemed to gel tonight, and I’m excited

hockeylegend11

Sep 11, 2010
With last night's win in SSM,Spits are now 7-1-2 ,in their last 10 games.
The lone loss 6-3 at Kitchener prior to last night in the Sault ,when Windsor was missing 8 players, 7 due to covid protocol and illness,plus Will Cuylle away with Team Canada in the World Juniors.
Pretty impressive I would say.
Windsor also,and I love this one,
are 7-1-1 in their last 9 games on the road.
Only 1 loss in regulation that one in Kitchener, since Oct 23.

Reactions: DetSpitsFan

hockeylegend11

Sep 11, 2010
Windsor is 7-3-0-1 against the other 4 top teams in the conference,
London(1-2-0-1),Guelph(1-0),SSM(2-1) and Flint (3-0)
Medina 3-1-0-1 only regulation loss came in Windsor's,4th game of the season at Ldn
Downey 3-1-0-0, his only loss 4-3 at home vs SSM,wins vs Guelph, Flint,SSM
Tovell 1-1-0-0,loss at home vs Ldn
win 7-0 Windsor's only shutout so far this season at Flint.
Medina had wins all 3 on the road, at Flint,Ldn and last night at the Soo.
Interesting all 3 goalies have 1 win vs Flint.

windsor7

Nov 29, 2015

Cant score from penalty box

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• USA vs Sweden
    USA vs Sweden
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $1,050.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Finland vs Czechia