Windsor Spitfires 2021-22 Season Thread (Part 2)

Status
Not open for further replies.

member 71782

I am honest in my evaluations. Yes, it's unacceptable this team hasn't won a playoff series since 2011, no doubt.

I see no reason to be alarmed yet this season. The issues are easily solved, ie. the odd-man rushes they are allowing, the PP etc.

Saturday's game is a good measuring stick against the SOO. That's a game they need to win to show they can compete atop the division. All this complaining, yet if they win the 3 games on hand they have on the SOO, they are tied for 1st. The SOO will slow down, they are not going to average 5 goals per game all season.

I agree a number of the issues can be fixed but after a lot of seasons of the same issues never being resolved people need to ask why?

There's plenty of time left in the season but when basic issues such as carrying enough players to deal with injuries since the beginning of the season people need to ask why?

When there's issues with the PP and PK since the beginning of the season and they still haven't dealt with it people need to ask why? If they haven't dealt with issues yet and they've had mixed results why should people think they'll deal with them when things get tougher.

The reaction or lack of to their issues has become expected. Remember when Ladd and McDonald were both hurt? Both out for the year and neither was replaced. The team finished the year with 11 forwards. Everyone wants them to carry depth but history says they won't.

That's the most basic thing and it gets a failing grade.

If they can't or won't do the most basic thing why would anyone expect them to deal with more difficult issues?

Reactions: windsor7

windsor7

Nov 29, 2015
I am honest in my evaluations. Yes, it's unacceptable this team hasn't won a playoff series since 2011, no doubt.

I see no reason to be alarmed yet this season. The issues are easily solved, ie. the odd-man rushes they are allowing, the PP etc.

Saturday's game is a good measuring stick against the SOO. That's a game they need to win to show they can compete atop the division. All this complaining, yet if they win the 3 games on hand they have on the SOO, they are tied for 1st. The SOO will slow down, they are not going to average 5 goals per game all season.

No team will.

ohloutsider

Jan 13, 2016
Rock & Hardplace
I can't leave you guys alone for 1 day! Holy crap this has turned into a read fest for me! I know no one cares but I thought Ladd had his best game of the year Saturday, broke up a 3 on 1 ( which is an issue on how or why there was a 3 on 1) and moved the puck out of our end much better. I admit our OA D have struggled but maybe, just maybe they are settling in? Our OA forward not so much.

So other than that the game was oh not so good. Lipstick on a pig. The game for the most part was a bit stinky but at the end they put some gloss on to make it look pretty!

Johnston with the highlite goal and without him I think this team would be in much worst shape.

Team is slow and without Zito it really shows. Yes there are some fast skaters but on large it is not a fast skating team and in this day and age, that is an issue.

Medina has been better but you can tell team confidence is not there yet. I'm going to guess Downey in Sarnia and Medina has the Soo Saturday. Soo can score and are deadly on the PP. Tough night for Medina if Spits can't stay out of the box.

Go Spits Go.

Edit - forgot to add this lack of forwards every game has to be the precurser to something? They have to be holding cards for players that need to be signed? I can't see any GM wanting his coach to go with 9 or 10 forwards every night. I'm thinking stay tuned?

Last edited:

Cherrydon

Jan 4, 2019
WINDSOR
I'm deemed negative because I expect an average power play, PK and goaltending. Do I need to lower my expectations to be a Spitfires fan? Not a lot to expect. That is not being spoiled from the memorial cup teams of past.

hockeylegend11

Sep 11, 2010
The incessant complaining the last 8 years by some are what they do best,yet amazingly wonder why this board is considered the most toxic one around.
And by far I am not the only who thinks that.
Unfortunate.

Reactions: OHLTG

Savard18

Feb 10, 2015
Flint, MI
Ok by your logic, London must be garbage bc they lost to Flint???
Do you guys just not have access to the standings? I mean, I am CERTAIN it will change but as of right now the reality of the situation is they have the second best win % in the league. Just go to the OHL website. Click standings. Scroll down to the Western Conference. Find Windsor. Then look above them. Flint.

hockeylegend11

Sep 11, 2010
I'm deemed negative because I expect an average power play, PK and goaltending. Do I need to lower my expectations to be a Spitfires fan? Not a lot to expect. That is not being spoiled from the memorial cup teams of past.

I am pretty sure we haven't seen anyone write or admit that the power play and Pk are not struggling.
Goaltending different story,Medina after a real bad start is 12th in the league with a 3.33,should be noted that in his last 4 outings he is 2.70,
with a 2-1-0-1 record,2-0 in his last 2 games with a 2.00 average.
I don't get it if a team is 4-2-0-1 in their 7,3-1 in their last4, currently riding a 2-0 winning streak,goals for average went from 2.50 per game in the 1st 4 games,the next 7, the goals for average is 4.00 and the last 3 ,5.00 and this is with a real struggling PP,combined with a more struggling PK,currently 17th and 19th in the league re those categories.
Should have mentioned re goaltending Owen Sound OA goalie Mac Guzda currently sits 13th in goals against average at 3.35 and nobody says he is average tender.
There are those who want Owen Sounds oa dmen Perrott and Woolley instead of Ladd and Henault.
Doesn't appear they are making a better difference for Guzda.
Though I will say I would loveto have
Perrott instead of Henault, better defensively, tougher, better shot from the point.

Last edited:

hockeylegend11

Sep 11, 2010
Cfaub

After I mentioned that the Spits through their 1st 11 games,the opposing goalie was named 1st star of the game 4 times,in fact it happened 4 times in the 8.
I thought that was strange and sure enough here are my findings
I looked at the last 5 seasons for 8 games,11 games,and even 22 games of each vs our opponents.
For the last 5 years,first 8 games 40 in total only 1 goalie was named 1st star vs Windsor and that was the last year we played 19/20,the previous 4 seasons none,then looked at 11 games x 5 and total was 4,so 3 more,but that's 55 games,finally looked at 22 games x 5 seasons and found only 2 more for a total of 6 over 110 games.
Amazing stat, 4 times in 1st 8 this year
backs up my point they have been snakebit goal scoring wise especially on the PP.
The fact the scoring has improved from the 1st 4,to 4 per game the last 7 from 2.50 is pretty good especially considering the PP and its struggles.

RayzorIsDull

Nov 16, 2007
bp on hfboards
I am pretty sure we haven't seen anyone write or admit that the power play and Pk are not struggling.
Goaltending different story,Medina after a real bad start is 12th in the league with a 3.33,should be noted that in his last 4 outings he is 2.70,
with a 2-1-0-1 record,2-0 in his last 2 games with a 2.00 average.
I don't get it if a team is 4-2-0-1 in their 7,3-1 in their last4, currently riding a 2-0 winning streak,goals for average went from 2.50 per game in the 1st 4 games,the next 7, the goals for average is 4.00 and the last 3 ,5.00 and this is with a real struggling PP,combined with a more struggling PK,currently 17th and 19th in the league re those categories.
Should have mentioned re goaltending Owen Sound OA goalie Mac Guzda currently sits 13th in goals against average at 3.35 and nobody says he is average tender.
There are those who want Owen Sounds oa dmen Perrott and Woolley instead of Ladd and Henault.
Doesn't appear they are making a better difference for Guzda.
Though I will say I would loveto have
Perrott instead of Henault, better defensively, tougher, better shot from the point.

Here's the issue you're randomly choosing a set number of games to suit your position. For example yes over their last 7 they are 4-2-1 but why are you citing 2-0 in their last 2 then?? If you want to cite 2-0 of their last 2 then their 5 games prior to that they would be 2-2-1 which would merely be .500 hockey. Stating 2-0 completely invalidates your 4-2-1 statement. Stick with 4-2-1 and leave it at that. Heck even citing 3-1 in their last 4 would make them 1-1-0-1 in their last 3 which would be less than .500 hockey.

Furthermore nobody says Guzda is an average tender probably because to date he has a .913 sv% which is near the top of the league. You conveniently left that out discussing him when you're talking about Medina. Guzda has played 34 more minutes than Medina. Guzda has faced 322 shots this year and Medina has faced 225. So Guzda is approximately facing an extra 12 shots per game which is quite high.

Last edited by a moderator:

Teflon

Jan 6, 2018
Toxic? You guys don’t know toxic! I’ve seen much worse out there. There’s a variety of posters here. One (at least) is tied to the team and his credirely on positive ink. Others maybe be family, friends or billets. Some are just fans and some of us know a great deal about how the league works. Your going to get opinions from many areas. Most are just that opinion.
Now let’s look at this team. It was thought to be a division contender with some strong returning players. It was hoped Savard would be a great fit. The owners appeared to open the wallet a bit. Where are we today? Struggling to say the least. Team isn’t icing a full compliment of players, there are many players underachieving and our new head coach hasn’t found his footing. Are the issues fixable? Of course but the GM hasn’t shown us the ability to do that yet. Imho this team needs are fire lit under it. I see to many going they the motions, not all of them and not every minute but it’s very plain to see. The special teams are brutal! Call it what you want but …. A perceived strength in net is coming along but he’s not even close yet. This D needs at least 2 different guys with the ability to clear the net, move the puck and fire a big slapper. These issues are all fixable but are the right people in place to get it done? See this is where it’s tough, this fan base knows hockey, wants to support a hard working, winning team but when it’s really obvious they aren’t that they like to spitball. So no I’m not a casual fan, I’d like to think I’m pretty far from it from my experience. I’m going to call out where I see deficiencies and my perceived fixes. I’ll call out when I don’t see those things happening and I’ll be just as quick to praise when great things happen. If that’s your definition of toxic you need to reread the description.

Last edited:

hockeylegend11

Sep 11, 2010
Here's the issue you're randomly choosing a set number of games to suit your position. For example yes over their last 7 they are 4-2-1 but why are you citing 2-0 in their last 2 then?? If you want to cite 2-0 of their last 2 then their 5 games prior to that they would be 2-2-1 which would merely be .500 hockey. Stating 2-0 completely invalidates your 4-2-1 statement. Stick with 4-2-1 and leave it at that. Heck even citing 3-1 in their last 4 would make them 1-1-0-1 in their last 3 which would be less than .500 hockey.

Furthermore nobody says Guzda is an average tender probably because to date he has a .913 sv% which is near the top of the league. You conveniently left that out discussing him when you're talking about Medina. Guzda has played 34 more minutes than Medina. Guzda has faced 322 shots this year and Medina has faced 225. So Guzda is approximately facing an extra 12 shots per game which is quite high.

When I write from a certain talking point,for example Windsor was 1-2-0-1 after that in the last 7 they are 4-2-1,3-1,in the last 4 and 2-0 in their last 2 I do this to show progression, 9/14 points, 6/8 and 4/4
Bottom line lot better 3/8 in their 1st 4 games.
As for Medina he is .898 save per centage in his last 4 starts where he is 2-1-0-1, the one bad period in Owen Sound prevented him from being over 900 in save per centage,in fact the other 3 starts his save per centage is .927 ,overall definite improvements from his start to the season.
Doesn't hurt that Windsor in the last 7 have averaged 4 goals for per game despite a struggling power play,when in the 1st 4 games they averaged 2.50 goals per game.

Last edited:

hockeylegend11

Sep 11, 2010
Teflon

You say this team is struggling to say the least,though I must say if going 4-2-0-1 in their last 7 is struggling I will take it that's a 90 point clip,or 3-1 in their last 4, that's a 102 point clip,count me in,scoring 28 goals in their last 7 a 4.00 average,after going 2.50 in the 1st 4 games,and that's with a real struggling power play,Medina is at 898 save per centage in last 4 starts and except the bad period in Owen Sound is .927 save per centage in the other 3 starts,last yr he finished at 3.46,this year he is 3.33 and lowering lately.
The defense that you have ridiculed ,though I maintain defense is a team game,Windsor has allowed only 20 goals at even strength in the last 10,after giving up 6 in the 1st game.
Who besides Henault and D'amico whom I have mentioned plus Zito who I did say only has 2 points in his last 8 games has under achieved.
We all agree that special teams have struggled most of this season
Robinson being moved for Ribau has definitely helped, Robinson was a -6 in his 4 games here,Ribau is a 0 in that area, has been physical, plays a simple but hard game.
Since he has been here in 7 games,they are 4-2-1.
Every dman is a plus or 0 of the 7 except Henault who is -1,though he was -2 in his 1st game,and Sobelev who is -6,though he was -5 in his 1st game,in his last 10 he is -1.
I look forward to your response.

member 71782

Legend

Here's where your stats show how you're trying to project a narrative that ignores much of what's going on.

4-2-0-1 is a 90 point pace for the year.

3-1 is a 102 point pace for the year.

Your numbers.

Their current record is 5-4-0-2 for 12 points in 11 games or approximately a 72 point season over 68 games.

That's far from a 90 point pace and even further from a 102 point pace. To realistically hit your 102 point number they need a .750 win %. Right now they have a win percentage of .545. That's .205 below what they need to hit your possible point total.

Possible? Maybe but likely? No. Your using stats to project how great they're doing over the smallest sample size possible without even noting they can't beat the top teams as of yet. Teams they still have a lot of games to play against.

Same with Medina. You find one goaltender who has a name and considered to be a top goaltender in the league. Medina has a better GAA, not by much and sits one spot ahead of him in the GAA rankings. What you fail to mention is that he has a far higher save percentage, has faced far more shots and is on a team expected to be fighting for a playoff spit, not contending. He's given up 2 more goals than Medina, played 1 more game and faced almost 100 more shots. Downey has a better save percentage than Medina. Of course he's played less than half as many minutes, given up less than half as many goals and faced about half as many shots.

Am I being negative for pointing out you will only use stats that support your argument? Am I being negative for providing a bigger picture than you are by bringing some context to the numbers you're providing?

No one is saying the team sucks. No one is saying they're out of contention. No one is saying they haven't or won't improve.

What the "toxic" crowd is saying is it's hard to project the rest of the season based on a couple of wins against teams expected to be battling for a playoff spot. Using 2 or 7 game sample sizes of a favorable schedule to show this team as being better than what they have shown is a disingenuous way to present your argument.

London has had a favorable schedule and are 9 - 1 with a .900 win percentage.

Windsor had a favorable schedule and are 5-4-0-2 with a .545 win percentage.

The difference between them in the standings is they played each other twice and London beat them both times. Windsor was fortunate to get a point from a shootout loss. Windsor wins thos two games and London is 2 points behind them.

London won the games they had to and Windsor didn't.

London was a team, before the season you though was going to struggle to score and Windsor was a team you thought was going to score a lot.

London in 10 games has 36 goals.

Windsor in 11 games has 38 goals.

They're right there with each other.

You thought London would have slightly better goaltending and slightly better D.

London in 10 games gave up 21 goals.

Windsor in 11 games gave up 42 goals.

Two teams you thought would be close defensively and in 1 extra game Windsor has given up twice as many goals.

There's stats that represent the full picture, not a couple of games against teams who will be battling for a playoff spot.

Does this make me negative or toxic for providing stats that don't agree with yours?

I want to see this team get things going in the right direction not another year of falling well below expectations. Your preseason comments suggested they should finish top 2 or 3 in the conference, I initially thought 6th then from info you and others provided from camp I picked them for 4th. I want to see them finish at least that high but when they aren't meeting my expectations I'm not going to make excuses I'm going to point out why I think they're not getting it done.

Call me toxic call me negative, say I've been negative for 8 years but who's been closer in their observations of the team and the results they've had?

You have them doing well every year, I don't. Outside of the tourney in 2017 they've fallen short of expectations you've put out every year. They've even fallen short of my more conservative expectations every year.

You sing their praises while I criticize when they fall short.

At least one of us will be honest about how they performed against expectations.

AttackBeacher

Feb 1, 2019
One (at least) is tied to the team and his credirely on positive ink. Others maybe be family, friends or billets. Some are just fans and some of us know a great deal about how the league works.

Correct on the one, I don't know if he's every offered a critical eye on the team. The other guy that will not acknowledge failings in the Spitfires ive been told a former broadcaster with the team, however I cannot say that I know that as a fact.

Since you were quoting my post and everything else seemed to be related to my post it seemed that might have been directed to what you thought were past comments of mine in terms of the CHL comment.

As for sarcasm, none.
Different people use different time frames, that's fine but a number of people usually say give them the first month which is usually the first 10 games or so then if there's players that have been away it becomes give them another 10 games etc. There's always a reason to wait and see what the team has even though the core is in place and systems have been established and players are still playing at the same level they were before and those who were supposed to be the main threats are playing well below expectations and the rookies who were going to contribute day one are contributing as most would expect a rookie to, etc.

If Foudy comes back at the end of the month it'll be wait until the Christmas break and wait until Jan 1st then hope he gets going before the deadline then he won't get dealt and no one else will because Bowler, likes the roster etc.

Then we'll hear on here that this team could surprise in the playoffs and they'll pull it all together since the stress of the deadline is gone. The familiarity and not having new faces will help them and then based on many recent examples they inevitably start getting beat and the contenders start running away we'll hear how Windsor was the only that didn't add and while the same issues from game one are still plaguing this team we'll start hearing about the refs blew a call or two every game.

Once the season is over we'll have all the "positives" regurgitated to ys while the getting knocked out in the first imagine is responded to with how many Memorial Cups they've won over however many number if years it's up to now and how that's all that counts even though you need to get out of the first round before you can start thinking about a trip to the tourney, unless Windsor's been made the permanent host for the OHL.

Then we'll spend the remainder of the summer, when we're not being called negative or toxic being told how Windsor has the most points returning on D, the top offense and 17 players who are going to make this team unstoppable, but will never report etc.

Sound familiar?

It's become the same story since 2011/12 except with the exception of 2017 the mediocrity has grown every single season.

But there's always a reason why we should wait another month, 5 or 10 more games or believe all the hype from the expectations put out by the same people who say I'm negative for pointing out the faults that never get addressed in 10/20/30/40 or even after 68 games and an entire iffseason or 9 or 10.

This is one of the best posts I've seen on these boards in quite some time. Its funny, as an independent observer I think this does a really good job of spelling out the 'drama' that is this Spitfires board.

I remember when I started reading this place 5/6 years ago I felt that HockeyLegend11 was probably the best poster on here. Always honest, always full of info, he'd break signings and Spitfires information on here all the time. He was a wealth of knowledge and offered what I thought at the time was a fairly objective view on the team.

In the last few years, as Rychel left so did slot of his news type posts, as did the objectivity. Perhaps its mostly due to the team not being as successful as they were in the past, but its become more and more about finding whatever random stat he can find to justify that the team is on the right course. Whatever that stat is, its the one that shows that things are great. The stats are not applied the same way at all times. I think he has a true passion for the team and wants to see it succeed as much as anyone, but that passion has turned a bit in recent years and he's become a bit more bitter, a bit more jaded towards the community here, which is fairly disappointing. At one point he was outstanding on here, now just a shell of that.

The other guy just is what he is, CFaub you wrote every post he's ever had in that post above.

I wish you guys the best, I love whenever I come into Windsor and watch, but I would encourage you guys to keep the conversation up, despite the attempt to stymie critical thought, critical thought happens all over the world and is key to all of us being better at what we do.

spits

Jul 24, 2013
Legend

Here's where your stats show how you're trying to project a narrative that ignores much of what's going on.

4-2-0-1 is a 90 point pace for the year.

3-1 is a 102 point pace for the year.

Your numbers.

Their current record is 5-4-0-2 for 12 points in 11 games or approximately a 72 point season over 68 games.

That's far from a 90 point pace and even further from a 102 point pace. To realistically hit your 102 point number they need a .750 win %. Right now they have a win percentage of .545. That's .205 below what they need to hit your possible point total.

Possible? Maybe but likely? No. Your using stats to project how great they're doing over the smallest sample size possible without even noting they can't beat the top teams as of yet. Teams they still have a lot of games to play against.

Same with Medina. You find one goaltender who has a name and considered to be a top goaltender in the league. Medina has a better GAA, not by much and sits one spot ahead of him in the GAA rankings. What you fail to mention is that he has a far higher save percentage, has faced far more shots and is on a team expected to be fighting for a playoff spit, not contending. He's given up 2 more goals than Medina, played 1 more game and faced almost 100 more shots. Downey has a better save percentage than Medina. Of course he's played less than half as many minutes, given up less than half as many goals and faced about half as many shots.

Am I being negative for pointing out you will only use stats that support your argument? Am I being negative for providing a bigger picture than you are by bringing some context to the numbers you're providing?

No one is saying the team sucks. No one is saying they're out of contention. No one is saying they haven't or won't improve.

What the "toxic" crowd is saying is it's hard to project the rest of the season based on a couple of wins against teams expected to be battling for a playoff spot. Using 2 or 7 game sample sizes of a favorable schedule to show this team as being better than what they have shown is a disingenuous way to present your argument.

London has had a favorable schedule and are 9 - 1 with a .900 win percentage.

Windsor had a favorable schedule and are 5-4-0-2 with a .545 win percentage.

The difference between them in the standings is they played each other twice and London beat them both times. Windsor was fortunate to get a point from a shootout loss. Windsor wins thos two games and London is 2 points behind them.

London won the games they had to and Windsor didn't.

London was a team, before the season you though was going to struggle to score and Windsor was a team you thought was going to score a lot.

London in 10 games has 36 goals.

Windsor in 11 games has 38 goals.

They're right there with each other.

You thought London would have slightly better goaltending and slightly better D.

London in 10 games gave up 21 goals.

Windsor in 11 games gave up 42 goals.

Two teams you thought would be close defensively and in 1 extra game Windsor has given up twice as many goals.

There's stats that represent the full picture, not a couple of games against teams who will be battling for a playoff spot.

Does this make me negative or toxic for providing stats that don't agree with yours?

I want to see this team get things going in the right direction not another year of falling well below expectations. Your preseason comments suggested they should finish top 2 or 3 in the conference, I initially thought 6th then from info you and others provided from camp I picked them for 4th. I want to see them finish at least that high but when they aren't meeting my expectations I'm not going to make excuses I'm going to point out why I think they're not getting it done.

Call me toxic call me negative, say I've been negative for 8 years but who's been closer in their observations of the team and the results they've had?

You have them doing well every year, I don't. Outside of the tourney in 2017 they've fallen short of expectations you've put out every year. They've even fallen short of my more conservative expectations every year.

You sing their praises while I criticize when they fall short.

At least one of us will be honest about how they performed against expectations.

How was Windsor "fortunate" to get a point in that game against London? This is what I am talking about. They outplayed London the entire game, outshot them. London was able to tie the game with 2 mins left on a fluke giveaway that gave them a 2-0 breakaway. That type of giveaway for a 2-0 probably happens only a few times all year. It's more like London was fortunate to win that game. But your narrative always has to be negative regardless.

Please explain how the Spits were lucky to get a point in that game?

Reactions: hockeylegend11

member 71782

Correct on the one, I don't know if he's every offered a critical eye on the team. The other guy that will not acknowledge failings in the Spitfires ive been told a former broadcaster with the team, however I cannot say that I know that as a fact.

This is one of the best posts I've seen on these boards in quite some time. Its funny, as an independent observer I think this does a really good job of spelling out the 'drama' that is this Spitfires board.

I remember when I started reading this place 5/6 years ago I felt that HockeyLegend11 was probably the best poster on here. Always honest, always full of info, he'd break signings and Spitfires information on here all the time. He was a wealth of knowledge and offered what I thought at the time was a fairly objective view on the team.

In the last few years, as Rychel left so did slot of his news type posts, as did the objectivity. Perhaps its mostly due to the team not being as successful as they were in the past, but its become more and more about finding whatever random stat he can find to justify that the team is on the right course. Whatever that stat is, its the one that shows that things are great. The stats are not applied the same way at all times. I think he has a true passion for the team and wants to see it succeed as much as anyone, but that passion has turned a bit in recent years and he's become a bit more bitter, a bit more jaded towards the community here, which is fairly disappointing. At one point he was outstanding on here, now just a shell of that.

The other guy just is what he is, CFaub you wrote every post he's ever had in that post above.

I wish you guys the best, I love whenever I come into Windsor and watch, but I would encourage you guys to keep the conversation up, despite the attempt to stymie critical thought, critical thought happens all over the world and is key to all of us being better at what we do.

Legend is and always will be very knowledgeable about the team. I give him full credit for that and while he and I do disagree quite a bit on here it's usually respectable even if not always friendly.

I do agree that his posting has changed. He does still break some news, tracks prospects etc but he has a harder time when he and other posters disagree.

We're all passionate fans and that can boil over at times. Everyone wants to be right in their opinions but not everyone can accept being wrong. The cure for that unfortunately is to narrow the scope of the conversation so much that you you can't be wrong.

The differing opinions will continue and this board will always be lively because of it.

member 71782

I agree. London loses those games they are in the same neighborhood as Windsor in terms of standings and win percentage.

I'm not a fan of the loser point unless they make each game a 3 point game in which splitting the 3 points for OT makes sense.

Every point awarded for OT/SO losses skews the standings and when one team has an advantage in the standings because of how they lost it isn't right.

hockeylegend11

Sep 11, 2010
Take a look at the fight section of hfboards- Dennis Gilbert vs Petrovic which occurred after a hit by Petrovic to a Spitfire who played here in 19/20,tough way to get an assist on a goal,might have learn to keep head up.

Reactions: OHLTG

Teflon

Jan 6, 2018
I don’t have to answer as it was answered for me and frankly more eloquently lol. Thanks! I’ve been taught to trust my eyes watching a team, game, players. That’s how I rate them. I will not cherry picking stats. These teams play a full season. Every game matters. Legend you’ve been steadfast in disagreeing with my opinion of the D. We see things differently I guess. Problem is, this D has been a concern for as long as I’ve been critical of them. Again the eyes don’t lie. You talk of a competitive team. Are they that right now? Are you prepared to say this D as is can help win multiple playoff rounds? Can you honestly say this team, playing the way they are today are ready to play against the best in the O and win 7 game series? My answers are no and no. You fix the issues and yes this team has many of the needed pieces but there’s some fixes needed fast. London wasn’t supposed to be rocking it out of the gate yet they are. Spits were supposed to and we haven’t seen anything to think there’s a championship team in there.

hockeylegend11

Sep 11, 2010
I don’t have to answer as it was answered for me and frankly more eloquently lol. Thanks! I’ve been taught to trust my eyes watching a team, game, players. That’s how I rate them. I will not cherry picking stats. These teams play a full season. Every game matters. Legend you’ve been steadfast in disagreeing with my opinion of the D. We see things differently I guess. Problem is, this D has been a concern for as long as I’ve been critical of them. Again the eyes don’t lie. You talk of a competitive team. Are they that right now? Are you prepared to say this D as is can help win multiple playoff rounds? Can you honestly say this team, playing the way they are today are ready to play against the best in the O and win 7 game series? My answers are no and no. You fix the issues and yes this team has many of the needed pieces but there’s some fixes needed fast. London wasn’t supposed to be rocking it out of the gate yet they are. Spits were supposed to and we haven’t seen anything to think there’s a championship team in there.

Teflon

In an earlier post,you said many Spitfires are under achieving
Aside from Henault D'amico an Zito ones that I have mentioned in some cases more then once ,who are the others?

Oct 3, 2019
Teflon

Aside from Henault D'amico an Zito ones that I have mentioned in some cases more then once ,who are the others?

If kids are underachieving is on the coach.
He hasn’t been able to set up a line and leave it. He’s playing d’s as forwards. A coach needs to put kids in situations to succeed and he hasn’t done that yet.

RayzorIsDull

Nov 16, 2007
bp on hfboards
If kids are underachieving is on the coach.
He hasn’t been able to set up a line and leave it. He’s playing d’s as forwards. A coach needs to put kids in situations to succeed and he hasn’t done that yet.

He hasn't had a real opportunity though whether it's 11 forwards 7 D, 10 forward 8 D. That isn't conducive to getting the most out of these players. All you're doing is either playing 3 lines if you're dressing 10 forwards or double shifting top guys with 11 forwards. That isn't going to work when you play 2-3 games a week and still can't find a lot of scoring.

RayzorIsDull

Nov 16, 2007
bp on hfboards
Teflon

I would say Ladd hasn't been that great either, he's been fine but he's not playing at a extremely high level to where 20+ minutes the Spits are at a big advantage with him on the ice. I would also say with including Henault and D'Amico the Spits aren't getting nearly enough from their OAs.

Teflon

Jan 6, 2018
Lots of reasons why they are underachieving. Legend I could name almost every player. By underachieving I also mean taking nights/shifts off. Lack of hustle. I give rookies some slack but your 1st rnd guys need to contribute and be going EVERY shift. It’s not happening. From Captain on down. Your at every game you see what I see and I know you do. Your not allowed to comment on it. Don’t think that’s an excuse to call me out tho. It’s easier to name the guys on giving a passing mark to. Abraham and Maggio up front. Ribau, Deangelis and Sobolev (this ones borderline I love his tenacity just gotta get him a bit more D minded. Actually reminds me of Sergachev in some aspects). Downey gets a pass as well. That’s it. The rest have work to do to see consistently better shifts/games.
You and I both know this is a results level league. You don’t get a second thought when u take nights off.
On a side not I’m not a fan of calling out individual players by name. Don’t ask me to. This imho is back on the front office. Bowler MUST get a few more bodies, you need 2 forwards and need to replace 2 D men. Jury still out on X in net. Savard needs to be more involved in all aspects, think he’s relying on his assistants to much and frankly I’m not a fan of either one of them. Again all fixable IF they choose to. If not, another mediocre season is on the way. Far cry from the praise I heard before the season started.

Last edited:
Reactions: RayzorIsDull

Oct 3, 2019
Lots of reasons why they are underachieving. Legend I could name almost every player. By underachieving I also mean taking nights/shifts off. Lack of hustle. I give rookies some slack but your 1st rnd guys need to contribute and be going EVERY shift. It’s not happening. From Captain on down. Your at every game you see what I see and I know you do. Your not allowed to comment on it. Don’t think that’s an excuse to call me out tho. It’s easier to name the guys on giving a passing mark to. Abraham and Maggio up front. Ribau, Deangelis and Sobolev (this ones borderline I love his tenacity just gotta get him a bit more D minded. Actually reminds me of Sergachev in some aspects). Downey gets a pass as well. That’s it. The rest have work to do to see consistently better shifts/games.

I would call it the inconsistency of lines playing together. You need to play together a few games to start getting chemistry. I put this in the coach

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad