Windsor Spitfires 2020 Offseason Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

member 71782

Do we conveniently forget this isn't the first year the Savage brothers have been around this organization? When comes the time that the light shines on them and the buck stops with them??? They hired a puppet as a GM and won't move Letowski because he has term. Yes we can heed the advice of careful what we wish for. Nobody wished for the Savage brothers to take over majority ownership. Well at least nobody that was watching closely.

There's been enough out there to make their involvement worth questioning but I think a lot of people were relieved that the sale last year didn't go through and thought because of their involvement it equalled stability.

If carrying on the same as the last few years meant stability then they got it but for myself and others such as yourself a stable poor product is not the stability we were looking for.

They've been involved since around the time things took a turn in the wrong direction. They have a track record and while others deserve some of the blame they've obviously had influence over the years and deserve their share as well.

Not much has changed over the time they were involved and with them taking control things just kept rolling down the same path.

Reactions: windsor7

RayzorIsDull

Nov 16, 2007
bp on hfboards
There's been enough out there to make their involvement worth questioning but I think a lot of people were relieved that the sale last year didn't go through and thought because of their involvement it equalled stability.

If carrying on the same as the last few years meant stability then they got it but for myself and others such as yourself a stable poor product is not the stability we were looking for.

They've been involved since around the time things took a turn in the wrong direction. They have a track record and while others deserve some of the blame they've obviously had influence over the years and deserve their share as well.

Not much has changed over the time they were involved and with them taking control things just kept rolling down the same path.

I can understand that. Of course owners are different in the sense if they wanted to sell to the highest bidder and get their money and get out. Of course there are other owners who care deeply about who they sell their business to. With all the angst about the dentist you can look at the current ownership and ask the question why they even wanted to sell the team to him. None of it looks good on current ownership and this is where we are.

ohloutsider

Jan 13, 2016
Rock & Hardplace
Starting to here signings of players to their ELC. Now the waiting game on Corcoran and Douglas. What the Spits do next year will have a lot to do with whether or not they get signed and move on? Angle can still go another year before he has to be signed. He is a lock as an OA this year for sure.

Reactions: I guard the door

RayzorIsDull

Nov 16, 2007
bp on hfboards
Starting to here signings of players to their ELC. Now the waiting game on Corcoran and Douglas. What the Spits do next year will have a lot to do with whether or not they get signed and move on? Angle can still go another year before he has to be signed. He is a lock as an OA this year for sure.

I believe the most realistic scenario is Douglas/Angle return. I would be very surprised if Corcoran didn't get signed. Still believe Douglas considering his size and if he's signed by Dallas or picked up by another organization. He needs to be challenged whether it be the ECHL or the AHL by men. Guys that are mature, more experienced, stronger on the puck etc... He doesn't stand to gain a lot by playing an OHL OA year imo. You probably want 2 of them to be back because the trading front is extremely new to Bowler and after this year they aren't exactly stocked with assets to play the trading game.

Teflon

Jan 6, 2018
Damn! I agree with Rayzors last 3 posts!!!! I can’t add names but the group I’ve heard about are all ex nhl guys, I’d be ok with that! Savages showed where they stand, they instigated and tried to sell the team off to someone so terrible the league had to step in, when’s their last time you heard that happen?!?! I have zero faith in them as owners, BB as GM, and TL as coach. This team will suffer if this continues!

OHLTG

Nov 18, 2008
behind lens, Ontario
Piiroinen has signed on with Tappara in Finnish Liiga.

Liiga a Finnish pro league with farm teams; Piiroinen will probably play on one of those for now. Lots of time.

Last edited:

4 Bobby ORR

Nov 26, 2008
South Detroit
Damn! I agree with Rayzors last 3 posts!!!! I can’t add names but the group I’ve heard about are all ex nhl guys, I’d be ok with that! Savages showed where they stand, they instigated and tried to sell the team off to someone so terrible the league had to step in, when’s their last time you heard that happen?!?! I have zero faith in them as owners, BB as GM, and TL as coach. This team will suffer if this continues!

Check your PM.

Reactions: DetSpitsFan

windsor7

Nov 29, 2015

Liiga a Finnish pro league with farm teams; Piiroinen will probably play on one of those for now. Lots of time.

Windsor will need another goalie now.
One that doesn't give up 4 goals a game hopefully.

RayzorIsDull

Nov 16, 2007
bp on hfboards

I wonder if fans could get over their grudge if one of the guys became owner..... :naughty::naughty:

punch1943

Apr 15, 2012
South Detroit

Hard to be an import and a goalie unless you’re outstanding and with our D that would be difficult...

Reactions: Cherrydon

TheGremlin

May 23, 2018
Somewhere
I think that Medina will be just fine. Make some moves to tighten up the defense and I think that we will be alright in goal.
I think we will be to but if you can get a vet kinda cheap i think you got to do it for insurance. Unless it another building year then i’d go medina and tovell

Teflon

Jan 6, 2018
Not surprised he’s gone. He had a real tough time coming back after WJ’s. Now that it can be talked about, he went home instead of coming back after, requested some extra time to stay there. That’s why he was delayed coming back. Just wasn’t having the time he hoped for and was home sick. Good luck to him!

Reactions: scokan and OHLTG

OHLTG

Nov 18, 2008
behind lens, Ontario
Not surprised he’s gone. He had a real tough time coming back after WJ’s. Now that it can be talked about, he went home instead of coming back after, requested some extra time to stay there. That’s why he was delayed coming back. Just wasn’t having the time he hoped for and was home sick. Good luck to him!

It's not an easy situation for any kid. You're coming a long way and, if you're not having fun, thoughts of home start creeping in more than normal. He's a good kid and, if being at home is better for his future, that's the way it goes. Hopefully, he does well in Liiga and either gets an NHL job down the road or Liiga/KHL.

Reactions: DetSpitsFan

TheGremlin

May 23, 2018
Somewhere
Kinda figured he stayed longer after WJC since it was kinda close to home. Plus Medina was doing well so there wasn’t a big need for him to rush home.

TheGremlin

May 23, 2018
Somewhere
WR also didn’t help things talking up Kari as much as he did. Should have let him come here without extra pressure of the GM making him out to be a star. That was unfair to Kari.

punch1943

Apr 15, 2012
South Detroit
Better for him to head for greener pastures on his own than to get released. You have to think he won’t be the only guy choosing to move on.

I guard the door

Sep 16, 2019
Still a steep jump from Jr C to the OHL. It's one thing just to sit on the bench and open the gate. It's another to be a backup goalie and being expected to play between 18-23 games or so.
True... but let's not forget the reason that he was playing Jr. C. ... there wasn't a spot for him in jr B.... had nothing to do with ability.

Reactions: windsor7
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad