Status
Not open for further replies.

OHLTG

Nov 18, 2008
behind lens, Ontario
It’s happened
It’s over with
It’s old news

All I can say is train hard, prove everyone wrong boys.
Doesn’t matter who gets drafted, where or when. What you do afterwards is what counts

It's not over and not old news. It's literally unfolding as we speak. While the "move on" attitude might work with some situations, you're asking a fan base who has gone through a hell ringer over the last week to suddenly go "you're right... all is normal here. Okay, what's on Survivor tonight??" That's not going to happen and that's coming from a guy who's pretty optimistic 90% of the time. You don't draft an "unrated" player in the fifth round unless there's something going on. You take that player later in the "friends and family" rounds... that's common knowlege in the O.

Frankly, your post comes across as a bit more "I know these guys" than anything...

Teflon

Jan 6, 2018
Start writing letters folks. Branch, old owners, and the mayor, he’s got a stick in this he should have something to say. We’re gonna have to get vocal and loud!! I hope the league wide support comes in droves! Your right, it can happen anywhere if this is allowed!! I’m already getting a sore thumb let’s get busy!!

OHLTG

Nov 18, 2008
behind lens, Ontario
Start writing letters folks. Branch, old owners, and the mayor, he’s got a stick in this he should have something to say. We’re gonna have to get vocal and loud!! I hope the league wide support comes in droves! Your right, it can happen anywhere if this is allowed!! I’m already getting a sore thumb let’s get busy!!

One step ahead of you... sort of haha

Sec108

Sep 5, 2011
Was also starting to wonder what happens if a few players ask (or demand) to Warren to “get me the hell out of here”
If some of the things I’m reading are true, I can’t help but think the league has to step in and do something here.
Does anyone know if he really shows up here this weekend with his boys?
We might have more people at WFCU than we had for playoffs

I think they need to change the rookie camp to the main bowl at the WFCU............they better hire security.:laugh::laugh::laugh::popcorn:

Reactions: Earlofpoundcake

SeaOfBlue

The Passion That Unites Us All
Aug 1, 2013
quick observation, 3rd round pick Eric Vitale, also from Toronto area, follows both Parekhs on instagram

I went to his eliteprospects.com page and saw he had solid numbers in his Minor Midget year and had good size with a late birthday. Went to the OHL page and saw he was actually not that big and only put up 6 points in his Midget year as a smaller forward.

He's probably not making the team, and it's the 3rd round of the U18's.

MatthewsMoustache

Jul 2, 2018
It's not over and not old news. It's literally unfolding as we speak. While the "move on" attitude might work with some situations, you're asking a fan base who has gone through a hell ringer over the last week to suddenly go "you're right... all is normal here. Okay, what's on Survivor tonight??" That's not going to happen and that's coming from a guy who's pretty optimistic 90% of the time. You don't draft an "unrated" player in the fifth round unless there's something going on. You take that player later in the "friends and family" rounds... that's common knowlege in the O.

Frankly, your post comes across as a bit more "I know these guys" than anything...

well we would know if he knew them... would’ve got drafted today

OHLInsiders

Mar 9, 2014
Jeeze. Have any reporters reached out to you to use your quotes/for proof to use in a story?

No. I've talked to a couple people about my conversations with him - Matt Barnaby for his podcast and Steve Bell briefly just now, but nothing huge. Told them about my weird encounter with Azim via phone at 2:45am, explained the overall feel/sense I got just from talking to him, etc.

HashingMARK

Nov 25, 2018
I went to his eliteprospects.com page and saw he had solid numbers in his Minor Midget year and had good size with a late birthday. Went to the OHL page and saw he was actually not that big and only put up 6 points in his Midget year as a smaller forward.

He's probably not making the team, and it's the 3rd round of the U18's.
He was selected in the 1st round of the U18's (5th overall).

SeaOfBlue

The Passion That Unites Us All
Aug 1, 2013
I also feel sorry for the Parekh kids. This is not their fault, and they are just teenagers wanting to play hockey. Yes, they will be on an OHL team, but they won't have the respect of their teammates (or the fans).

They may not make the roster. Windsor has it's top 5 spots locked up and also has Stevenson as an OA (who may not be good enough and let go, but who knows). Unless his kids can win the 3rd RD spot or a depth spot, they may not end up on the team. And Jodoin was already drafted higher (4th round) than Isa (5th round). I'd also expect Windsor to make a trade to add another veteran presence to the defense since it'll be pretty young, so it could be really tough for the Parekh's to really get much ice time next year (at least).

Sec108

Sep 5, 2011
No. I've talked to a couple people about my conversations with him - Matt Barnaby for his podcast and Steve Bell briefly just now, but nothing huge. Told them about my weird encounter with Azim via phone at 2:45am, explained the overall feel/sense I got just from talking to him, etc.

Where's the Hockey News and their reporters this stuff is one for the books..........

MatthewsMoustache

Jul 2, 2018
the best part of all of this is that if somehow Parekh keeps this team, any time someone from the GTHL is picked by Windsor there will be a mob of angry posters on here wondering what relation they have to the Parekh family. But you can’t just go through OHL drafts not drafting out of the GTHL

Otto

Lynch Syndrome. Know your families cancer history

Interesting... member since... yesterday ...this just keeps getting worse

Sec108

Sep 5, 2011
They may not make the roster. Windsor has it's top 5 spots locked up and also has Stevenson as an OA (who may not be good enough and let go, but who knows). Unless his kids can win the 3rd RD spot or a depth spot, they may not end up on the team. And Jodoin was already drafted higher (4th round) than Isa (5th round). I'd also expect Windsor to make a trade to add another veteran presence to the defense since it'll be pretty young, so it could be really tough for the Parekh's to really get much ice time next year (at least).

Daddy will make sure they get ice time you can count on it............

ohloutsider

Jan 13, 2016
Rock & Hardplace
Well I took some tums, took a deep breath and nope that ain't helping. Friend just texted me suggesting maybe the Dad has aspirations of coaching, maybe he has some close friends that need a coaching job??? How bad this will get is yet to be seem but I will be jumping in on the letter writing campaign as well. Can't be silent on this stuff or you get what you asked for.

Reactions: TheGremlin
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad