Windsor Spitfires 2019-20 Season Thread (Part 6)

Status
Not open for further replies.

windsor7

Nov 29, 2015
Hopefully windsor shows up to London with actually players that want to play. Not just passengers.
And trevor has a actual plan.

Shortstop

Nov 14, 2018
Great way to crush Robinson’s confidence when you get sat when you clearly shouldn’t be.

RayzorIsDull

Nov 16, 2007
bp on hfboards
I get it on one hand you can keep guys fresh. At this time though if Letowski believes Playfair and Rupoli gives him a better shot to win important games then Bowler should have really been proactive to give the coach better options. Or better yet trade Playfair and save Letowski in the process of not having to play him.

OHLTG

Nov 18, 2008
behind lens, Ontario
The line juggling continues because... I don't know...

D'Amico - Angle - Purboo (WHY??)
Cuylle - Foudy - Johnston (potential)
Afanasyev - Douglas - Boka (potential)
Zito - Playfair - McDonald

Maybe this is supposed to get Purboo going? But why put Afanasyev on the checking line?

Reactions: DetSpitsFan

nelli27

May 21, 2011
London, Ontario
Pre-game warmup:
Rafkin and Douglas toss pucks to young Knights fans.
Angle skating like he's possessed.
Piiroinen dressed.
Who else is so bored before puck drop that he posts about warmup?
"This guy".

Reactions: member 71782

member 71782

Maybe this is supposed to get Purboo going? But why put Afanasyev on the checking line?

D'Amico - Angle - Purboo I can live with. They've had success in the past and Purboo seems to produce with Angle more than anyone else. As long as they don't become the designated first line. Roll the lines the way they have been.

Cuylle - Foudy - Johnston looked good the two or three games they were together then it was changed up really quick. These three should come together nicely after a few games.

Afanasyev - Douglas - Boka not impressed with. Boka hasn't kept up to his early season start. Time to drop him to the fourth line. McDonald should be here.

Zito - Playfair - McDonald as I said switch Boka and McDonald and playfair healthy scratch full time with Maggio/Zito playing full time. I would like to see Zito and Boka together, those two making up an energy line could wreak havoc while Maggio can play with a chip at times.

Roll four lines and when needed your youngsters and normally most inconsistent offensive player sit while Boka still gets his PK time.

windsor7

Nov 29, 2015

Dont worry. Trevor will most likely switch lineup again by end of 1st.

DetSpitsFan

Nov 20, 2016
Idk, I get henault wasn’t good, but personally I thought Robinson looked the worst I’d ever seen him last night. Out of position often, and looked gassed most the night. I don’t disagree with him sitting tonight.

After last night, I get switching lines a bit. While Cuylle and Foudy play decent together, I love Boka/douglas/Cuylle and wouldn’t switch that up while they’re producing

windsor7

Nov 29, 2015
Best Windsor period in a month.
Got london running around.
Deserve the lead

Oct 3, 2019
Most of the vets have earned the playing time, but I'd still give more ice to Zito/Maggio/Robinson over Playfair/Rupoli at this point.
You think???? They should play over half the team

Oct 3, 2019

You should coach

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad