Windsor Spitfires 2018 Offseason Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

hockeylegend11

Sep 11, 2010
I think any attendance issues that the Spits have,though they are amongst the top 5 in the league for average,#1 in the conference,in fact 800 more last year then SSM,also a fact 4 of the top teams in league saw drops in attendance average,only Niagara had an increase.I think it's the style of play the league the currently employs,less physicality, fighting and as alot of NHL scouts will tell,the O is the hardest to scout,it's not as exciting as it used to he,and like I have a number of times not one person has mentioned their lack of playoff success,I would that reason for staying away is low on the totem pole,no matter how some in the fringe think.
Most I spoke to throughput the season and the playoffs were confident re the future and what was accomplished overall last season especially after gutting the team at the deadline.
Negativity solves nothing
Meant #1 in the division

Last edited:

youngblood10

Jan 26, 2010
It's not personal conjecture to say that if the import goalie is backing up DiPietro they aren't getting value from that pick, that's the reality. Just because teams are in different stages of development doesn't preclude them from having consistently good teams. You can consider it extremely negative but these are all facts Rychel was pounding the drum for a forward in the import draft and ended up with a goalie. He's the one that said 8-9 20 goal guy roll the video back from YourTV he's the one that said 20 goals for Frasca nobody else. I am entitled to my opinion and like I said sports is a show me game. It's not about being extremely negative it's about not being snowed by coaching and management. You put it on me but never put it on coaching or management which who it ultimately lies with.

I disagree. This argument is framed in a way that one move isn't related to any others, when the truth is the complete opposite.
In this case what if this new goalie turns out better than Dipeitro? Who knows.. But more realisticly he may allow them to move Dipeitro, without creating a hole in the roster & aquire better younger forwards than who were available in the import draft. If that happens it's not a wasted assets. If the kid comes in and leaves by October for example 100% wasted assest.
What WR tells the media doesn't carry any weight with me. Obvously at times it does with you.
I'm not trying to put you down or say your opinion isn't any less than anyone else's but you're the most negative person I've ever came across in my life.
I can't even wrap my head around it much of the time. If it's trolling, mental illness, a grudge, I have no clue & I mean no disrespect by any of that. I just don't understand voluntarily spending so much time on something that you don't enjoy.

stips

Apr 3, 2016
I would be disappointed if you didn't complain about questioning those that complain about everything!!!!!!!!!!

Your complaining is amazing.

RayzorIsDull

Nov 16, 2007
bp on hfboards
I disagree. This argument is framed in a way that one move isn't related to any others, when the truth is the complete opposite.
In this case what if this new goalie turns out better than Dipeitro? Who knows.. But more realisticly he may allow them to move Dipeitro, without creating a hole in the roster & aquire better younger forwards than who were available in the import draft. If that happens it's not a wasted assets. If the kid comes in and leaves by October for example 100% wasted assest.
What WR tells the media doesn't carry any weight with me. Obvously at times it does with you.
I'm not trying to put you down or say your opinion isn't any less than anyone else's but you're the most negative person I've ever came across in my life.
I can't even wrap my head around it much of the time. If it's trolling, mental illness, a grudge, I have no clue & I mean no disrespect by any of that. I just don't understand voluntarily spending so much time on something that you don't enjoy.

It's not about framing a discussion. Two people choosing who to believe this wasn't the guy the Spits wanted, in fact a few days earlier another source said the Spits were taking a goalie. So either something happened, a couple people got duped, or this other guy has better sources or most likely a little mix of all 3. I am speaking strictly from the value standpoint and if you believe that this goalie is going to have enough of an impact to push DiPietro out the door then he would have to play a lot and the Spits won't bench DiPietro let's be honest.

Rychel is owner/gm you may not care what he says but like it or not he's the spokesperson for the organization and nobody else. It would be foolish to think otherwise another person would go in front of the media and answer questions. So you're not putting me down then mention stuff like trolling or mental illness, yeah forgive me if I believe you're speaking with forked tongue, still no disrespect. Oh that's right there's a saying for that "sorry, I'm not sorry." Save it for someone else, I enjoy the sport of hockey, I want to see good hockey, they are the local team in my area that's the team I want to see do well. To say I am the most negative person you have ever come across in your life I have never run into you during my life so that's a non starter. You're the same guy who went on a rant a few months ago swearing and dropping insensitive comments so we will leave it at that.

youngblood10

Jan 26, 2010
It's not about framing a discussion. Two people choosing who to believe this wasn't the guy the Spits wanted, in fact a few days earlier another source said the Spits were taking a goalie. So either something happened, a couple people got duped, or this other guy has better sources or most likely a little mix of all 3. I am speaking strictly from the value standpoint and if you believe that this goalie is going to have enough of an impact to push DiPietro out the door then he would have to play a lot and the Spits won't bench DiPietro let's be honest.

Rychel is owner/gm you may not care what he says but like it or not he's the spokesperson for the organization and nobody else. It would be foolish to think otherwise another person would go in front of the media and answer questions. So you're not putting me down then mention stuff like trolling or mental illness, yeah forgive me if I believe you're speaking with forked tongue, still no disrespect. Oh that's right there's a saying for that "sorry, I'm not sorry." Save it for someone else, I enjoy the sport of hockey, I want to see good hockey, they are the local team in my area that's the team I want to see do well. To say I am the most negative person you have ever come across in your life I have never run into you during my life so that's a non starter. You're the same guy who went on a rant a few months ago swearing and dropping insensitive comments so we will leave it at that.

I'm wasn't trying to put you down. But your perspective on this forum isn't one of balance. So it's fascinating & I'm trying to understand it. That's all. I can get the folks on here who say the team can do no wrong, or get upset when things go bad & happy when they win that's logical. It's a fan board & some people have relationships with the team.
True, I don't sugar coat things. If I think somebody is a goof I'll tell them. Preferably to their face & Im ok if they think the same towards me. It doesn't bother me. I don't have any issues with you. Just your disposition towards the local team doesn't add up over such a long period of time.

Reactions: hockeylegend11

randomhero4life

Jan 4, 2017
South Detroit
Blind resume 10 year sample

Team A
2 championships
6 series victories
2 playoff appearances
4 winning seasons

Team B
1 championship
8 series victories
6 playoff appearances
8 winning seasons

What team would you rather have???

What team would you rather have Rayzor?

randomhero4life

Jan 4, 2017
South Detroit

Team A
2 championships
6 series victories
2 playoff appearances
4 winning seasons

Team B
1 championship
8 series victories
6 playoff appearances
8 winning seasons

How about the team you say you cheer for? No matter the #'s. Would be nice to go a day without hearing about past playoff failures, bad drafting, etc. By saying this I am not saying I don't acknowledge past mistakes......but daily reminder's are getting old!!

Last edited:

RayzorIsDull

Nov 16, 2007
bp on hfboards

Team A
2 championships
6 series victories
2 playoff appearances
4 winning seasons

Team B
1 championship
8 series victories
6 playoff appearances
8 winning seasons

How about the team you say you cheer for? No matter the #'s. Would be nice to go a day without hearing about past playoff failures, bad drafting, etc. By saying this I am not saying I don't acknowledge past mistakes......but daily reminder's are getting old!!

I am sure you know who Team A is though and that organization is hemorrhaging as we speak. Team B is a model franchise for what other franchises strive for. This is the first time it's been brought up in weeks so hardly a daily reminder. There's one way for this not to be a talking point down the line. Just win.

RayzorIsDull

Nov 16, 2007
bp on hfboards
I'm wasn't trying to put you down. But your perspective on this forum isn't one of balance. So it's fascinating & I'm trying to understand it. That's all. I can get the folks on here who say the team can do no wrong, or get upset when things go bad & happy when they win that's logical. It's a fan board & some people have relationships with the team.
True, I don't sugar coat things. If I think somebody is a goof I'll tell them. Preferably to their face & Im ok if they think the same towards me. It doesn't bother me. I don't have any issues with you. Just your disposition towards the local team doesn't add up over such a long period of time.

Why does balance matter. You will engage me but won't talk about people who act like they're bought and paid for by the Spits. Well if you want to tell that to their faces you should have a badge we can call you the sheriff. The disposition can change. Like anything time can change things people get married, people get divorced, people can get a new job, lose a job etc.. I still watch every game live on tv or dvr if I am out. The product imo is of top billing to get my undivided attention to stay home and watch a game live. Have more players drafted, better product, exciting players then yes it would get more attention.

Reactions: aresknights

randomhero4life

Jan 4, 2017
South Detroit
I am sure you know who Team A is though and that organization is hemorrhaging as we speak. Team B is a model franchise for what other franchises strive for. This is the first time it's been brought up in weeks so hardly a daily reminder. There's one way for this not to be a talking point down the line. Just win.

Like a previously posted, I choose live in the present and concentrate on This upcoming season. At this stage I could really care less about other team's past stats also. Yes there is relevance in these stats.....but I think they have been rehashed on here to the point of being stale. There are other franchises that would love to have the record that the Spit's have also, trust me I know the other markets all too well. Here's an interesting topic....Do you think the CHL will have input towards on ice officials in reguards to the faceoff situations? (Player's getting kicked out for slightly flinching, taking forever to drop the puck etc.) Also I found this years playoff's there was so much talk about penalty call's, when & what...and when during the game etc. Ethier make the call's or not etc. What are your thoughts?

Last edited:
Reactions: Teflon

aresknights

Dec 27, 2009
london

Team A
2 championships
6 series victories
2 playoff appearances
4 winning seasons

Team B
1 championship
8 series victories
6 playoff appearances
8 winning seasons

What team would you rather have Rayzor?

Who are these teams? :)
Guess it depends on an individuals preference regarding success.
2 PO appearances in 10 yrs would be tough as a STH.

An aside, at least Razor will respond to direct ?s unlike some others.

randomhero4life

Jan 4, 2017
South Detroit

Wow!! Did you not read any of my last post's? I thought I was pretty clear that I was not going to engage in any of this grade school garbage!! If and when I do have a issue with someone I will pm them....and it's between me and that poster, ask Rayzor and he will tell you the same. He answered my post (the one you just replied to) and have moved forward. I even asked his opinion on something in my previous post. Please do not respond to one of my post's to take vague nameless shot's at people, if you have issue with someone man up and call them out by sending them a pm. You don't see me posting in the Knight's Thread !!

RayzorIsDull

Nov 16, 2007
bp on hfboards

Team A are the Florida/Miami Marlins
Team B are the St Louis Cardinals

If there's anyone that would take Team A they must be closet Derek Jeter fans.

aresknights

Dec 27, 2009
london
Wow!! Did you not read any of my last post's? I thought I was pretty clear that I was not going to engage in any of this grade school garbage!! If and when I do have a issue with someone I will pm them....and it's between me and that poster, ask Rayzor and he will tell you the same. He answered my post (the one you just replied to) and have moved forward. I even asked his opinion on something in my previous post. Please do not respond to one of my post's to take vague nameless shot's at people, if you have issue with someone man up and call them out by sending them a pm. You don't see me posting in the Knight's Thread !!

There was no shot taken at you by me. I wasn't clear when I said as an aside.I have read your last posts and previous ones and appreciate them.
My last sentence was for another poster who will not engage in dialogue and has consistently, over a period of a few years, taken unprovoked pot shots at numerous posters, insulted people, dismisses posters, is extremely one sided, unbalanced.......He should be called out more often imo.

I was curious as to who the teams were and asked. No i wouldn't take the Marlins in that case. But that is just MO.

I have been positive on this board, as a fan of another team, and given credit for positives (including last Cup win, when it happened)
Unlike the guy who farts in a room and runs away without answering ?s. Again not referencing you.
And he purposely provokes people.

I enjoy your balanced approach and posts here, same as many posters. Even the maure waders ;) that was good.

Last edited:

Teflon

Jan 6, 2018
Lol and the circus continues. Y does so much drama surround so few?? Wouldn't it be far more useful to concentrate on current events and speak to fact rather than opinion?? Almost every argument here is based on an opinion of events that have many other factors involved. Factors many know nothing about or in fact don't understand. Junior hockey is a damn complicated sport, things change daily.

youngblood10

Jan 26, 2010
Why does balance matter. You will engage me but won't talk about people who act like they're bought and paid for by the Spits. Well if you want to tell that to their faces you should have a badge we can call you the sheriff. The disposition can change. Like anything time can change things people get married, people get divorced, people can get a new job, lose a job etc.. I still watch every game live on tv or dvr if I am out. The product imo is of top billing to get my undivided attention to stay home and watch a game live. Have more players drafted, better product, exciting players then yes it would get more attention.

You see what you want. It isn't true that I don't object when those closest to the team state things I disagree with. And to their credit when we disagree nobody gets sucky & pouty about hurt feelings crying about being bullied. No pot shots either but I'm cool with some jabs. Lol!

You didn't need a badge, just a back bone to go down to the rink & ask a few questions or give a comment during the Q&A. If this stuff is so important, but per usual like after a Spits win you had some excuse not to be found.

ohloutsider

Jan 13, 2016
Rock & Hardplace
Like a previously posted, I choose live in the present and concentrate on This upcoming season. At this stage I could really care less about other team's past stats also. Yes there is relevance in these stats.....but I think they have been rehashed on here to the point of being stale. There are other franchises that would love to have the record that the Spit's have also, trust me I know the other markets all too well. Here's an interesting topic....Do you think the CHL will have input towards on ice officials in reguards to the faceoff situations? (Player's getting kicked out for slightly flinching, taking forever to drop the puck etc.) Also I found this years playoff's there was so much talk about penalty call's, when & what...and when during the game etc. Ethier make the call's or not etc. What are your thoughts?
No sense in asking questions about hockey on this thread - they will just get ignored.

RayzorIsDull

Nov 16, 2007
bp on hfboards
Lol and the circus continues. Y does so much drama surround so few?? Wouldn't it be far more useful to concentrate on current events and speak to fact rather than opinion?? Almost every argument here is based on an opinion of events that have many other factors involved. Factors many know nothing about or in fact don't understand. Junior hockey is a damn complicated sport, things change daily.

Sounds like you want the board shutdown then because as you said every discussion is based on an opinion that has other factors involved that we may know nothing about or understand. I will message Nelli and see if he can get this board shutdown since none of us really know. I think that would go for you since you were talking about the import pick that didn't happen. You're right it's a damn complicated sport that you don't even have pinned down.

OHLTG

Nov 18, 2008
behind lens, Ontario
Re Penalties: I believe in the "if it's a penalty in the first min, it's a penalty in the last min" rule, to a great degree. That said, let the boys play and leave the cheap calls to video games.

Sounds like you want the board shutdown then because as you said every discussion is based on an opinion that has other factors involved that we may know nothing about or understand.

See, I took it to mean people on here argue about stuff that may or may not be true. "Spitfires are going to make a big trade for a goaltender"... that could get debated in length, but those on the inside know it's not true. This is like arguing about false information on social media. Just because it's a discussion board doesn't mean we can't know the facts before talking about them.

No sense in asking questions about hockey on this thread - they will just get ignored.

I tried around the Import Draft but arguing and complaining was more important.

Reactions: Teflon

RayzorIsDull

Nov 16, 2007
bp on hfboards

The faceoff rule is do difficult that in the NHL they have difficulty enforcing it so I don't see how it would be successful in the CHL. In regards to penalty calls it's the same discussion in regards to officiating in the CHL. It leaves a lot to be desired at times, players dress up calls and some act incredulous about it but it's the smart play also. I have a friend who officiated in the OHL has done it in the AHL and is an off ice guy in the NHL. He says the CHL will never elevate the officiating game for many reasons and it's all there for everyone to see.

randomhero4life

Jan 4, 2017
South Detroit
The faceoff rule is do difficult that in the NHL they have difficulty enforcing it so I don't see how it would be successful in the CHL. In regards to penalty calls it's the same discussion in regards to officiating in the CHL. It leaves a lot to be desired at times, players dress up calls and some act incredulous about it but it's the smart play also. I have a friend who officiated in the OHL has done it in the AHL and is an off ice guy in the NHL. He says the CHL will never elevate the officiating game for many reasons and it's all there for everyone to see.

I watched a lot of hockey this past season and out of all the leagues truthfully the CHL really had the most faceoff issues, too the point of it being rediculous, even more so in the play offs. There were times when a player did not flinch, did not even say a word.....and he was kicked out. I for one would be hoping that some of these issues would be brought up in this off season. As for penalties....I have the opinion that if you are not going to call it for 50 minutes into the game....why call it late in the 3rd!! I found the Kitchener / Sarnia series is a great example of this!! That series was a good one no doubt, but there were calls made to both teams during that series that really didn't add up. Pezzeta get's a game misconduct......and it was not even announced on the PA....I have a very good idea why....but it's almost like it was hush hush!! Anyhow.....I just feel that some of these penalty / face off issues really do need to be addressed, but you could be right......maybe nothing is said.....maybe it's swept under the rug.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad