Windsor Spitfires 2018 Offseason Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

SpItFiReZ

Jan 4, 2004
I asked questions about jerseys and imports. Seems others had similar ideas but good that he was blunt and honest. Wish I was able to make it.

How did the prospects look especially two Americans?

windsor7

Nov 29, 2015
Now that the PR move is done.
Back to offseason most fans been used to....long summer.

randomhero4life

Jan 4, 2017
South Detroit

Be it a PR move or not, it was a pretty good day overall. Scrimmage was great, Spitfires players were literally greeting everyone and signing autographs, even seen a few playing mini sticks with the little ones. Equipment sale was awesome!! A lot of the gear was in great shape and priced really low!! Basically $200 gloves, mint condition selling for $70!!, Helmets with visor's, $50!! Good crowd!!

hockeylegend11

Sep 11, 2010
Not talking about the other 15 teams.
Just this team.

Well the other 15 are in the same position, Windsor in good company, nobody cares what happened
this year,sell off all major players except Dipietro, Windsor fans understanding but you.

windsor7

Nov 29, 2015
Well the other 15 are in the same position, Windsor in good company, nobody cares what happened
this year,sell off all major players except Dipietro, Windsor fans understanding but you.

I understand.
When have I wrote that I have not understood?
R u putting words in my mouth? Do u speak for me?

OHLTG

Nov 18, 2008
behind lens, Ontario

Would you rather them not answer questions and hold an event like this for the fans?

People demanded a chance to ask questions - they got it.

People demanded the questions be live and not screened - they got it.

People demanded honest, blunt answers and not cliches - they got it .

I don't think there's much more this team could have done. I wish I had made it but from what I've heard it was really well done. At some point, even the critics (in general) have to say "okay, they're trying, I'll give them that."

Reactions: hockeylegend11

windsor7

Nov 29, 2015
Would you rather them not answer questions and hold an event like this for the fans?

I don't think there's much more this team could have done. I wish I had made it but from what I've heard it was really well done. At some point, even the critics (in general) have to say "okay, they're trying, I'll give them that."

Do u think this actually persuaded people to start going to games in the fall?
By the time summer is done this will be much forgotten by for most.

hockeylegend11

Sep 11, 2010
Agreeing with Randomhero4life
Good day overall,wish the team went with 2 days of scrimmages instead of one, tough to get a definitive read.
That being said most impressive player for me was soon to be 16 year old dman from Oyster Bay New York, Spencer Evans,if I am Rychel I would be trying to sign him, great size,skill,hockey sense,confident,poised,no doubt he can crack this team and contribute.Evans makes great passes, decent reads.
Also very impressed with forwards Tanner Kelly,Jean Luc Foudy,Kyle MacDonald, especially Kelly and Foudy, excellent speed and skill.
Goalies Xavier Medina and Eli Shiller played very well, especially Medina who impressed with his puck tracking skills and acrobatics,Other players who had good moments included free agent forward Marcus Joughlin,small but effective, apparently has NCAA interest, think he was the best of the 6 free agents at camp,forwards Christian Steven's, Liam Scullion, Windsor native Johnny Uliczny played well in spots.On the D side,Stefan Dobrich,Dylan Shannon, Arthur Wang and Owen Shier played well in stretches.I thought forwards,2nd year guys Jeff Taylor and Mike Andrews could have played better.
I purposely focused on the guys who were not here last year at all,as D'amico, Frasca, Morgan, Staios, Henault and Ladd took part,though I thought D'amico was the best of the 6 returnees, followed by Ladd,Staios and Morgan.
All in all scrimmage had good pace players got more comfortable as time wore on.

Now based on 1 scrimmage,and a team is allowed to sign and roster 4-16 year olds I would sign Evans, Foudy, Kelly and McDonald.
Xavier Medina,Dylan Robinson, Liam Scullion,and Eli Shiller,followed by Christian Stevens would be next.

OHLTG

Nov 18, 2008
behind lens, Ontario
Do u think this actually persuaded people to start going to games in the fall?
By the time summer is done this will be much forgotten by for most.

People will go when the team is winning. That's how it's always worked. That said, this wasn't even remotely the point of my comment.

youngblood10

Jan 26, 2010
Funniest thing if I understood correctly, is that they have to wait a year about the uniforms because of league rule/policy. This league has moved franchises in weeks. It's not a big deal & I'm sure there is good reason for it but if changes can be made prior to the start of the season, do it.

RayzorIsDull

Nov 16, 2007
bp on hfboards

Nobody said the Spits aren't trying the fans just want a better on ice product. It was still screened I know people that sent in questions that didn't get answered so don't believe for a moment there wasn't a screening process involved. I watched it on DVR and you couldn't glean much from the answers. Some of the questions were really softball like in regards to the arena being on the east end. Or in regards what the roster will be next year. I still don't believe you understand what the term "screening" means. The prior times they have done this it's been in front of a live audience and the same process.

youngblood10

Jan 26, 2010
Nobody said the Spits aren't trying the fans just want a better on ice product. It was still screened I know people that sent in questions that didn't get answered so don't believe for a moment there wasn't a screening process involved. I watched it on DVR and you couldn't glean much from the answers. Some of the questions were really softball like in regards to the arena being on the east end. Or in regards what the roster will be next year. I still don't believe you understand what the term "screening" means. The prior times they have done this it's been in front of a live audience and the same process.

I thought it was much more candid than expected. The answers were honest and not necessarily what people wanted to hear in some cases. Some questions do need to be screened in order to give a thorough answer with the information on hand, it's much better than I'll have to look into that and get back to you or giving incorrect information. I fail to see how that is something negative or to be ashamed of from both fractions of this board.

I think OHLTG was more right then wrong in hind sight when he told you guys this was your chance to fire away. Any one could have walked up to the mic and challenged WR and how he runs the Spits. I don't think he would have avoided the conversation. If anything I think he would have welcomed the debate.

Totally agree that a 50 win season trumps 1000 State of the Spitfire meetings when it comes to fan interest but as I opened this post I was pleasantly surprised with how candid it was.

hockeylegend11

Sep 11, 2010
OH here we go again.
Rinse n repeat!!

Yes I can relate every time u or Rayzor brings up the lack of playoff success when both of you stop mentioning that,I will stop mentioning successes.
Doubt that either one of you would agree to that,my proposal is from this day forward nothing said about cups or playoff failures,only things that from now onwards, nothing about past team wise.
I await your response Windsor 7

windsor7

Nov 29, 2015
Yes I can relate every time u or Rayzor brings up the lack of playoff success when both of you stop mentioning that,I will stop mentioning successes.
Doubt that either one of you would agree to that,my proposal is from this day forward nothing said about cups or playoff failures,only things that from now onwards, nothing about past team wise.
I await your response Windsor 7

Why do u think u can bully people?
That make u feel good?

RayzorIsDull

Nov 16, 2007
bp on hfboards
I thought it was much more candid than expected. The answers were honest and not necessarily what people wanted to hear in some cases. Some questions do need to be screened in order to give a thorough answer with the information on hand, it's much better than I'll have to look into that and get back to you or giving incorrect information. I fail to see how that is something negative or to be ashamed of from both fractions of this board.

I think OHLTG was more right then wrong in hind sight when he told you guys this was your chance to fire away. Any one could have walked up to the mic and challenged WR and how he runs the Spits. I don't think he would have avoided the conversation. If anything I think he would have welcomed the debate.

Totally agree that a 50 win season trumps 1000 State of the Spitfire meetings when it comes to fan interest but as I opened this post I was pleasantly surprised with how candid it was.

I never said anything negative I just watched it and didn't think a lot of the questions were necessarily thought provoking. Like I said in reference to the roster next year, location of arena, import draft etc.. I remember similar questions in prior town hall meetings. The only thing I was surprised by is he doubled down on the lack of fan support citing tickets for less than $20 dollars. I know they have premium priced sections now but tickets less than 20 dollars that's most likely for youth/children. Youth and children aren't going to the game by themselves without being accompanied by an adult. Rychel is obviously very passionate but his frustration is really showing and that has nothing to do with you or I.

hockeylegend11

Sep 11, 2010
Why do u think u can bully people?
That make u feel good?

How is that bullying?
If wishing to stamp out abject negativity is bullying then I am guilty.
You don't like it when I mention successes, making fun of it,but if it's returned you get bent out of shape.
I'm offering you an out,no more mention of playoff failures and no more mention of team successes by me.How is that bullying?

windsor7

Nov 29, 2015
How is that bullying?
If wishing to stamp out abject negativity is bullying then I am guilty.
You don't like it when I mention successes, making fun of it,but if it's returned you get bent out of shape.
I'm offering you an out,no more mention of playoff failures and no more mention of team successes by me.How is that bullying?

It' pretty easy.
Don't read the posts I have.
I am not one to play your games.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad