GDT: Wind @ Snow 10/21 | 10pm

Swag Surf Aho

Find Your Own Style
Jul 2, 2011
Raleigh, NC
For most of you, instead of admitting you're wrong about Cam Ward, you all get even more tangled in your web of lies. There is nothing comical about it.

Wolfpuck

Chefnikov
Jun 25, 2006
The 919
its weird.

we should be very proud of shutting out that team.

we should be hugely embarrassed that we only scored one goal on that team.

I must say, going into it, I was not expecting a 1 goal game, as in, a game with 1 goal.

Colorado's offense should be better than ours, and their defense is one of the few that may be legitimately worse than ours. I thought 5-4 was far more likely than 1-0.

HisIceness

This is Hurricanes Hockey
Sep 16, 2010
Charlotte
its weird.

we should be very proud of shutting out that team.

we should be hugely embarrassed that we only scored one goal on that team.

Eh, I'm happy we recorded a shutout this early in the season. One year it took until March I think to get one, and of course it would end up being our only one that year.

Boom Boom Apathy

I am the Professor. Deal with it!
Sep 6, 2006
For most of you, instead of admitting you're wrong about Cam Ward, you all get even more tangled in your web of lies. There is nothing comical about it.

Lighten up Francis. You were using a flawed line of reasoning in your earlier posts on this and when it was pointed out, rather than admit it was flawed, you instead said you were just making "generalizations". How was that any different than this?

I honestly didn't have a problem with Ward starting this one. As I stated in my last post on this, there could be many valid reasons why Peters started him that none of us have insight to. And drawing conclusions on a handful of games (or in your case with Lack, ONE game) in which the team has been wildly inconsistent, is a bit silly.

Personally, I'd like to see Lack on some of the back-back games (again, unless there is something going on behind the scenes that we aren't aware of).

Swag Surf Aho

Find Your Own Style
Jul 2, 2011
Raleigh, NC
I was generalizing, not in general, lying.

I provided better, not good reasons why.

Whether they were right or wrong, I was right all along.

Navin R Slavin

Fifth line center
Jan 1, 2011
Durrm NC
Credit where credit is due: Cam stole that game for us.

And now reality: it's the first game he's stolen for us in a very long time. When he did that regularly, he was CAM WARD. Now, he's a guy that occasionally looks like he used to be Cam Ward.

If he turns out to be that guy for most of the season, so much the better. He'll fetch a much higher price at the deadline.

Boom Boom Apathy

I am the Professor. Deal with it!
Sep 6, 2006
I was generalizing, not in general, lying.

I provided better, not good reasons why.

Whether they were right or wrong, I was right all along.

What the hell are you trying to say? You didn't provide "better" reasons, you provided flawed reasons that weren't even factually (or reasonably, given sample sizes) correct.

Anyhow, if you want to gloat to others who were against Ward starting this game, then have at it, but it doesn't make your posts which supported it any more valid.

As Hank said though, Credit to Cam. He played great when the team struggled and needed him to.

Navin R Slavin

Fifth line center
Jan 1, 2011
Durrm NC
What the hell are you trying to say? You didn't provide "better" reasons, you provided flawed reasons that weren't even factually (or reasonably, given sample sizes) correct.

Anyhow, if you want to gloat to others who were against Ward starting this game, then have at it, but it doesn't make your posts which supported it any more valid.

As Hank said though, Credit to Cam. He played great when the team struggled and needed him to.

Also, after his perfect game last night: 38th in GAA, 43th in SV%.

If he does this a few more times and moves up that list, I will then say: "maybe you're right. Maybe Cam is better than we think." After which I will immediately wonder how it is that he happened to find his game in a contract year.

nobuddy

Oct 13, 2010
Nowhere
Cam stole the game.

Cam stealing last night's game does not mean he is, in fact, capable of doing so on a semi-regular basis as a starting goalie in the NHL.

Joe McGrath

Oct 29, 2009
Pffff, that save Cam made on Duchene wasn't even in the high danger zone.

I just watched the game and have not read the thread at all, so if there are redundancies, I apologize.

Cam was really really good. Couple of side to side pad saves early kept this from probably being a runaway.

Faulk was pretty meh for a 2nd straight game. Hainsey had his best game of the year. Jordan is awful but actually played a solid 3rd period. Liles might actually fetch a mid round pick at the deadline if he continues carrying Jordan and not having it be a complete gong show every time they are on the ice.

Grebe was the only forward that looked like he had any speed the entire night. Skinner had his best 2 way game I've seen probably ever. At least 3 key neutral zone plays without the puck to change possession that I noticed.

Also the Canes won a game in Colorado. How about that?

The Stranger

May 4, 2014
Also, after his perfect game last night: 38th in GAA, 43th in SV%.

If he does this a few more times and moves up that list, I will then say: "maybe you're right. Maybe Cam is better than we think." After which I will immediately wonder how it is that he happened to find his game in a contract year.

Cam stole the game.

Cam stealing last night's game does not mean he is, in fact, capable of doing so on a semi-regular basis as a starting goalie in the NHL.

Let's say we have this framework for grading a goalie performance:

A - Elite/game-stealing
B - Good starter
C - Average starter
D - Subpar starter or average backup
F - Replacement level

How would you guys grade Cam in his 5 starts this season?

Last edited:

Swag Surf Aho

Find Your Own Style
Jul 2, 2011
Raleigh, NC
Sarcasm is techically lying. However, a few here have realized and admitted how stellar Cam played last night so I digress. Now the question is do we rest Ward tomorrow or reward him for his shutout? I'm not going to answer that right now, however.

Navin R Slavin

Fifth line center
Jan 1, 2011
Durrm NC

A - Elite/game-stealing
B - Good starter
C - Average starter
F - Replacement level

How would you guys grade Cam's in his 5 starts this season?

Um, average starter is, by definition, replacement level.

--hank

The Stranger

May 4, 2014
Um, average starter is, by definition, replacement level.

--hank

When I say replacement level, I mean a typical AHL call-up (with the caveat that they aren't a young stud)...so for example, if Ward and Lack were both injured and the Canes called up Drew MacIntyre.

RodTheBawd

Oct 16, 2013
Credit where credit is due: Cam stole that game for us.

And now reality: it's the first game he's stolen for us in a very long time. When he did that regularly, he was CAM WARD. Now, he's a guy that occasionally looks like he used to be Cam Ward.

If he turns out to be that guy for most of the season, so much the better. He'll fetch a much higher price at the deadline.

Perhaps with a little extra goal support it wouldn't appear that it's been a very long time since he's stolen a game.

A - Elite/game-stealing
B - Good starter
C - Average starter
F - Replacement level

How would you guys grade Cam in his 5 starts this season?

Despite how blasphemous it is to ignore some averages through 5 games, B.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Granada vs Osasuna
    Granada vs Osasuna
    Wagers: 1
    Staked: $10.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Rennes vs Brest
    Rennes vs Brest
    Wagers: 2
    Staked: $40.00