Post-Game Talk: WIN!! - Nashville Predators @ Buffalo Sabres 3/19/18

Status
Not open for further replies.

RickP

Mar 14, 2017
Good win! :handclap::handclap:

Pekka!!

Didn't play great offensively, but Pekka and the defense carried us tonight.

Since they took away Josi's assist, only one of our dmen scored a point tonight. And it was Emelin of all players!

Too bad for Josi and Subban, they deserved the assist on that 1st goal. Great double tip though. :thumbu:

Crazy how Josi and Subban don't have many secondary assists so far this season. Josi has 16 and Subban has 12 only. Most offensive Dmen have 20+ secondary assists so far. I know secondary assists are not based on luck only, but there's still quite a bit of that.

Plural

Mar 10, 2011
Rinne possibly playing the best hockey of his life. Was able to catch parts of the game while at work. Buffalo got surprisingly lot shots on the net, cause for the limited viewing it seemed to me you guys controlled the game all the time.

Legionnaire11

Jul 12, 2007
Murfreesboro
atlantichockeyleague.com
Too bad for Josi and Subban, they deserved the assist on that 1st goal. Great double tip though. :thumbu:

Crazy how Josi and Subban don't have many secondary assists so far this season. Josi has 16 and Subban has 12 only. Most offensive Dmen have 20+ secondary assists so far. I know secondary assists are not based on luck only, but there's still quite a bit of that.

This is because Josi and Subban are usually the point of attack, so theyrth either shooting and scoring goals or they're shooting and getting a primary assist in a tipped shot or rebound goal.

Other defenders get more secondary assists because their teams more often rely on them to simply push the puck up ice and then let the forwards be the focal point of the attack.

Reactions: RickP

klt2001

Mar 27, 2011
Do we know how bad Jarnkrok's injury is? I know he will be out for the rest of the regular season but is his injury really bad like a broken collarbone or something that he will need surgery or will be out even for the post season. I really miss him being in the lineup. He just adds something to our lineup.

NoNecksCurse

Oct 19, 2011
Do we know how bad Jarnkrok's injury is? I know he will be out for the rest of the regular season but is his injury really bad like a broken collarbone or something that he will need surgery or will be out even for the post season. I really miss him being in the lineup. He just adds something to our lineup.
i miss that little shit, too. never thought i would say that at the start of the year.

klt2001

Mar 27, 2011
i miss that little ****, too. never thought i would say that at the start of the year.

Yeah he was never my favorite but this year he had grown into his own and has really helped contribute to this team offensively and w/ his passing ability. I have been impressed w/ his speed and work ethic. He seems to go after the puck and when he gets it he just makes plays or help create plays.

wadesworld

Jan 24, 2011
Nashville, TN

Broken collarbone. 6-8 weeks. He's out for the rest of the regular season and the start of the playoffs. He could likely be back by the conference finals, if we make it that far.

LCPreds

Dec 8, 2013
TN
Broken collarbone. 6-8 weeks. He's out for the rest of the regular season and the start of the playoffs. He could likely be back by the conference finals, if we make it that far.

Did they actually announce broken collarbone?

LCPreds

Dec 8, 2013
TN
He hasn't been particularly impressive in any facet of his game the last few weeks. He needs a breather.

The good thing is he's putting in a lot of minutes but just doing his job and not really standing out (good or bad). He'll get some maintenance in but have a feeling Lavy will delay his a bit so he can get his rest in just prior to the playoffs. Same will go for the rest of the top 4.

Pred303

Oct 8, 2004
Murfreesboro, Tn.
of course, that would only be possible if the preds claim that he was 'only' out for the remainder of the regular season were taken literally.

personally i still assume it was more serious and probably a clavicle fracture, meaning not 3, but 6-8 weeks or more.

Reactions: NoNecksCurse

RickP

Mar 14, 2017
The good thing is he's putting in a lot of minutes but just doing his job and not really standing out (good or bad). He'll get some maintenance in but have a feeling Lavy will delay his a bit so he can get his rest in just prior to the playoffs. Same will go for the rest of the top 4.

This^^

I think he's just in a slump, and it's playing with his mind a bit. You could see his reaction when he finally had an assist on Sissons' goal against the Avs, it was like he had just won the Cup or something

He's had ups and downs recently, but he's still very solid overall. He's just not getting points. Last night he made big plays on the first 2 goals, but didn't get rewarded. Earlier in the season, he was getting points left and right, for similar plays. It's just a cycle. Hopefully his luck will turn for the playoffs :thumbu:

Drake744

#manrocket
Feb 12, 2010
Nashville
This^^

I think he's just in a slump, and it's playing with his mind a bit. You could see his reaction when he finally had an assist on Sissons' goal against the Avs, it was like he had just won the Cup or something

He's had ups and downs recently, but he's still very solid overall. He's just not getting points. Last night he made big plays on the first 2 goals, but didn't get rewarded. Earlier in the season, he was getting points left and right, for similar plays. It's just a cycle. Hopefully his luck will turn for the playoffs :thumbu:
I'm not a huge believer in plus-minus, but I do think it's telling that, although Subban had no points last night, he finished with a +3. I think he played a good game and was certainly involved in one of the goals even though he didn't get a point. First or second goal, I can't remember.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad