GDT: Win game 82 for Bickell

HisIceness

This is Hurricanes Hockey
Sep 16, 2010
Charlotte
great win to end a pretty enjoyable season, IMO. I know some will disagree but I had a lot of fun riding this roller coaster.

Rask had points in the first 9? games I believe which broke a record, that was cool. The 5 game winning streak in November was great. The comeback win against Vancouver was great. March was awesome. Aho is a gem. Seeing Lindholm and Hanafin improve was great. Skinners scoring tear and Lack playing lights out down the stretch was great.

Winning the last game of the season is great. Usually this team plays like dog-**** in the final game. Bickell scoring in the S/O is a great way to end it.

Hopefully, this can help moving into next season. Imagine if this team got off to a hot start....

DaleCooper

NEVER 4GET
Aug 2, 2005
Brooklyn
www.jonathanhawkins.net
I'd have to agree; this might be my favorite non-playoff season. The two years they came up short on the last day were both exciting but left such a bad taste in my mouth at the end that I can't remember any of the good parts.

CandyCanes

Caniac turned Jerkiac
Jan 8, 2015
I'm still feeling tingly about that Bickell goal. That one will be remembered for a long time.

Same, you couldn't of scripted it any better. That shootout goal has got to of left Bickell on such a high note. That's a moment I'm sure he and his family will cherish for the rest of his lifetime, such an awesome ending to a great career.

A Star is Burns

Formerly Azor Aho
Sponsor
Dec 6, 2011
It was an interesting ride this season. The hope feels a little different this time. Hopefully that turns out to be founded in something and we can get back in the dance next year. There were a ton of positives to the year, a lot to build on, and two unforgettable stories with Alves and Bickell. For all the negativity there can be sometimes with the team and the league, I still love it all.

As for Bickell, it's crazy to think how life or fate or whatever works out. A guy that was brought to us as a throw in cap dump to have such a story and such an impact is incredible.

HisIceness

This is Hurricanes Hockey
Sep 16, 2010
Charlotte
I'd have to agree; this might be my favorite non-playoff season. The two years they came up short on the last day were both exciting but left such a bad taste in my mouth at the end that I can't remember any of the good parts.

I still haven't gotten over 2008.

2011 sucked too but I can look back at Skinners rookie season and we hosted the ASG that year.

RodTheBawd

Oct 16, 2013
Showed my wife some of the recent Bickell interviews earlier today, told her I hoped he scored in a SO tonight. What a way to end it. **** the playoffs, that was an entertaining season.

Roboturner913

Jul 3, 2012
Imagine if this team got off to a hot start....

or even an average one.

Seriously. Started this season 3-6-4. If that's even marginally better - even something like 6-5-2 - we're buyers instead of sellers at the deadline, and then who knows.

I get the frustration from some, for not making the playoffs for x numbers of years, whatever that is now. It sucks. But this team has too many good things going for it to sit around getting upset about it. This isn't a collection of players in their primes missing the playoffs by 3-4 games, it's a bunch of 19-23 year olds doing the same. When they're hot, they're damn near unbeatable. Just need some goaltending and a little more experience.

Boom Boom Apathy

I am the Professor. Deal with it!
Sep 6, 2006
Does anybody know how many games we played against other team's back-up goalies this year and what our record was against starters vs. back-ups?

RodTheBawd

Oct 16, 2013
Does anybody know how many games we played against other team's back-up goalies this year and what our record was against starters vs. back-ups?

I hear this debbie downer guy BBA pulls that data together every couple of months, you should ask him.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad