Post-Game Talk: WIN!! - Game 38: Preds @ Lightning. 6:30 CT. The Don't Go To Overtime Edition.

Montross

Askarov.
Oct 4, 2013
that was also the fewest shots we had ever scored 4 goals on.. and the fewest we had ever scored 5 goals on.. and the fewest we had ever scored 6 on..

I'll take it - nice to win a game like that. Would be cool to see it start a win streak.

Pred303

Oct 8, 2004
Murfreesboro, Tn.
To top this off, LA lost it's game and so we are just one point behind them for the wild card spot. We have to win our next game, especially w/ two other teams behind us w/ the same amount of points as us.

right now i'm not thinking about LA or a wild card spot. i'm looking dead at STL, only 4 points ahead with us with a game in hand. their negative goal differential (-6) demonstrates to me how vulnerable they are this year.

glenngineer

Jan 27, 2010
Franklin, TN
right now i'm not thinking about LA or a wild card spot. i'm looking dead at STL, only 4 points ahead with us with a game in hand. their negative goal differential (-6) demonstrates to me how vulnerable they are this year.

And they are now a different team without Backes. Losing him and Oshie in two consecutive years have changed the makeup of that team dramatically.

drwpreds

Mar 19, 2012
Birmingham

Same here- no reason why we can't finish ahead of them.

It is still pretty depressing, though, that we aren't even to the halfway point and we have almost no shot at 2nd place in the division. And even more so that Minnesota is one of the teams ahead of us. No way that team should be better than us. Watched their game last night- they are down 4-2 in the third period at SJ- but came back and won 5-4 in regulation- ugghhh.

Scoresberg

In Trotz We Trust?
May 28, 2015
Earth
And they are now a different team without Backes. Losing him and Oshie in two consecutive years have changed the makeup of that team dramatically.

Yep, and they lost Brouwer who was golden for them in the postseason.

And Drew, wouldn't it be sweet for us to finish 3rd and take out Minnesota in the 1st round??

TitansVolsPreds615

Feb 19, 2015
STL is not that good. Tarasenko will cool off from this pace somewhat, and their team just isn't as stout as it was a few years ago. Have we not scored 10 straight goals on this team?

KurtAngle

Mar 31, 2016
STL is not that good. Tarasenko will cool off from this pace somewhat, and their team just isn't as stout as it was a few years ago. Have we not scored 10 straight goals on this team?

But, it seems we only play the Blusers one more time and it could be over by then.

I think the next two weeks will determine the season. 6 out of 8 away, most teams are pretty good.

AdmiralsFan24

Mar 22, 2011
Wisconsin
Look how happy bobble Sissons is for real Sissons.

CXPXrUk.jpg

drwpreds

Mar 19, 2012
Birmingham
Yep, and they lost Brouwer who was golden for them in the postseason.

And Drew, wouldn't it be sweet for us to finish 3rd and take out Minnesota in the 1st round??

That would be a dream scenario no doubt.

I would actually love for that matchup to happen. Despite the records right now, I refuse to believe that roster is better than ours...

NSH615

Feb 13, 2013
That would be a dream scenario no doubt.

I would actually love for that matchup to happen. Despite the records right now, I refuse to believe that roster is better than ours...

They are better in a sense they actually put out a better effort and don't crumble under pressure. This team will get there, but there is still alot of growing pains due to the youth.

drwpreds

Mar 19, 2012
Birmingham
They are better in a sense they actually put out a better effort and don't crumble under pressure. This team will get there, but there is still alot of growing pains due to the youth.

I think Boudreau has a lot to do with it. He has had playoff disappointments for certain, but the guy knows how to win in the regular season for sure.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad