Wilson gets 20 games

Status
Not open for further replies.

Silky mitts

It’s yours boys and girls and babes let’s go!
Mar 9, 2004
90% of hockey writers now take generators. This guy is a take generator, his previous tweet was apologizing for a bad take with a worst take

It's why I'm on here, content is usually smarter. People rip on Lambert for social stuff but he did completely reactionary power rankings a week in and every team he bumped up over how a reasonable person would rank teams have been garbage for a month
NHL Power Rankings: Can't knock Devils' start
If you put the Devils 1 and the Caps 20 on your HFBoards power rankings a week into the season you'd get buried but if clicks are your livelihood you can post any bullshit and get clicks. Basically every writer picked but Wyshinski picked Vegas and I feel like I'm the only person that remember he got it right let alone that everyone else was wrong.

Last edited:
Reactions: VaCaps Fan

Calicaps

NFA
Aug 3, 2006
Almost Canada
Welcome back Big Will. 'Tis about time.

Haven't read the ruling yet, but it sounds from the excerpt provided above that he didn't consider the validity of previous suspensions (namely Ashton-Reese hit) which is a bummer if correct. Nevertheless, he determined that the suspension was about 30% too long. That's a lot. League will learn nothing. Everyone will wait to see if Willy has learned something.

That Oshie tweet is epic.

smd333

May 2, 2012
Hopefully Wilson really did hire a PR person to manage his image. If I was him I absolutely would it would be money well spent

Calicaps

NFA
Aug 3, 2006
Almost Canada
Holy Mother of Dog, that mains thread...

giphy.gif

Empty Goal Net

I don't smell disgusting, musky, and rancid
Feb 13, 2010
The NDA's decision reinforces my view that the next CBA should provide greater clarity to the disciplinary process. These cases require an element of "judgment," where a presumably independent expert weighs the evidence, but lodging responsibility for the first level of appeal in the commish is wacko. Particularly when that person heads up the organization that employs the individuals who populate DOPES.

The NHLPA also cites Parros' testimony that the day before the DPS hearing on this incident he was at an unrelated meeting at which the Commissioner said something to the effect: "You're going to do the right thing or Do the right thing."

Sounds like strong guidance from your boss. What kind of organization tolerates that?

Also, if the Commish continues to be involved in this process, the NHLPA's position on the next CBA should require that he makes up any contributions that the Emergency Assistance Fund loses when his decisions on suspension appeals are reduced. Clearly he's not doing his job if he can't get it right, so he should pay just like a player has to.

RandyHolt

Keep truckin'
Nov 3, 2006
What a joke the entire process has been. The arb ruling couldn't be excessively in Tom's favor for it would make the league look bad, and would likely ruin his own career. The fact he knocked off 6 games speaks volumes.

I feel like the league is desperately trying to make this a landmark case to cite in future lawsuits. Hey, we tried.

Cappy76

Sponsor
Sep 1, 2005
London, Kentucky
I’m glad he’s back and hope he continues to be a force. But I fear this ones changed him I know it’s only one game but I saw him shy away from hits continually through the night. Was fine tonight but it could be something we need to keep an eye on.

Roshi

Feb 7, 2013
Finland
I am a bad bad person. Willy blowing goalie to the afterlife while scoring his comeback goal made me had an reactive ”evil giggle”. Didnt know i even had that in me.

Thats one way to return!!!

Gotta admit i was a little worried everytime he bumped to someone.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad