Sedin Sutter Hansen
Etem Sedin Hansen
Gaunce Horvat Dorset
Baertchi Granlund Rodin

#WillieLogic :laugh:

Blueangel1891

Nov 24, 2007
Belgium
Did he just say Brandon Sutter is going to be our #2 center? And Sbisa will be Top 4 with Gudbranson?

Oh my god, we're doomed again. Hope he gets fired by Christmas

PM

Glass not 1/2 full
Apr 8, 2014
Why are they so scared of reuniting Hansen and Bo? It's like anytime our forward lines start showing consistency they break them up never to be seen again. Vrbata with the twins, Hansen and Bo, Bo and Baertschi (once they got Granlund).

And if Sbisa is back in the top-4 BEFORE injuries then we are gunning for dead last. I actually can't think of a worse defensive combo on our team than Sbisa and Gudbranson. Both guys need a puck mover to defer to, great scrum pairing though :laugh:

PM

Glass not 1/2 full
Apr 8, 2014
Willie lines:

Sedin - Sedin - Hansen
Eriksson - Sutter - Rodin?/Jake?
Baertschi - Horvat - Dorsett
Etem - Granlund - Burrows

Edler - Tanev
Sbisa - Gudbranson
Hutton - Tryamkin?/Larsen?

Hammer79

Jan 9, 2009
Kelowna
Sbisa-Gudbranson

:laugh:

I guess we really want Nolan Patrick

He said Hutton first, I think he mentioned Sbisa as a backup plan, kind of like how he mentioned Hansen's name after Eriksson is brought up. I think there is some diplomacy going on here too, he probably doesn't want to upset the players by letting them think they are stuck on the bottom 6 or bottom D pairing.

biturbo19

Jul 13, 2010
Did he just say Brandon Sutter is going to be our #2 center? And Sbisa will be Top 4 with Gudbranson?

Oh my god, we're doomed again. Hope he gets fired by Christmas

He did imply Sutter was going to be our #2C. Though to be fair, later when talking about Bo, he jumped to his defence on that, rightly indicating he played Top-6 for us last year, and sort of tailing off into a comment about whether you call it 2nd or 3rd line, Bo is going to be playing a lot of important minutes for us. :dunno: Realistically, i don't think there's going to be a huge separation between Lines 2 and 3...no matter what they do with the wingers really.

Certainly sounds like he's eyeing up more of a defensive role for Horvat though. Which seems backwards, but i guess if you really do want him to develop into a "Bergeron type", he's gonna have to learn by doing, which means defensive zone starts, matchups, etc.

Having Hansen there with him for that would seem like a better idea to me though.

I don't really understand a lot of what it sounds like WillieD is trying to do tbh. Doesn't sound like he fully does either. :laugh:

MS

1%er
Mar 18, 2002
Vancouver, BC
Willie's handling of Horvat is disgusting.

Horvat just finished last year with a half-season offensively that utterly blows anything Sutter has ever done out of the water. Sutter is a superior defensive player at this point. Soooooo.... let's give Sutter the creamy offensive starts of a #2 center and throw Horvat to the wolves again. Ridiculous.

And if they even think about Sbisa-Gudbranson ... LOL.

Hammer79

Jan 9, 2009
Kelowna
He also mentioned how Sutter had success early in the season with the Sedins.

Here's just a hypothetical lineup I threw together if he decided to move Sutter up:

Daniel - Henrik - Sutter
Beartschi - Horvat - Eriksson
? - Granlund - Hansen
Etem - Gaunce - Dorsett

One of Burrows or Virtanen playing off-wing? I'm also not sold on Gaunce as 4C if we did that. I can see now why they are looking for a C on the secondary UFA market.

TruGr1t

Proper Villain
Jun 26, 2003
Willie no. Please don't put Gudbranson and "Sbiser" together. :(

Lol. Gudbranson plays best with Campbell. Play him with Sbisa! I actually liked Tryamkin - Hutton but to this day I love how WD always contradicts Benning and Linden.

MS

1%er
Mar 18, 2002
Vancouver, BC
If there is a god,,this idiot is the first to be fired!

He's definitely an idiot.

But the sad thing is that of the 4 main people in terms of hockey operations here (Linden/Benning/Weisbrod/Willie), Willie is probably the one who is most competent at his job. Even though he might be the worst coach in the NHL.

CanaFan

Feb 19, 2010
BC
Willie makes a rough guess at what the lines will be, 2 and a half months before training camp = hfVan freaks the **** out and y2k says told you so. These boards neeeever change

Ya cause Willie D has *definitely* earned the benefit of the doubt :sarcasm

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad