Cloud 9
He would have got more hadn't cut his hair :sarcasm::laugh::laugh::laugh:

I would have laughed so hard if Stone had signed for that lol

Vegan Knight

Feb 16, 2018
So that line is signed for 15.9M.

Theodore is signed for 5.2M.

Tuch is signed for 4.75M.

Those are some nice contracts. I think Gusev for 4.5x3 would be great.

Reactions: hangman005

CupInSIX

My cap runneth over
Jul 1, 2012
Alphaville
Great deal for the player and team....kudos!!

Who will they deal to get under the cap? Curious what you guys think they will do...

Definitely Miller and Holden. They can maybe get some guys on cheap 1 year deals or invite players like Schenn and Prout to compete with the rookies for a spot.

After that, I'm not so sure. They love Eakin. Haula can be extended for a good price so it would be smart to hang on to him. Subban has arbitration rights.

With the Karlsson cap hit coming in under 6m, they can grab some players making the old league minimum (675k) like Yannick Weber to shave off some extra cap. Or they can go full boar and trade a player making 5-7m.

Miller + Holden + Reaves + Merrill = 10.225m, which is roughly what they need to shed.

Last edited:

Aurinko

Apr 1, 2015
Finland
There is one thing that is really difficult to comprehend for me: How can this player play 2 minutes in a row with that crazy tempo, without visibly losing his performance?

I don't know his practice routines etc... but I would recommend the same for all the hockey players.

Vegas Mac

Golden Shellback
Jun 26, 2015
We're in for a reload on the blueline this offseason. I think they are banking on some youth being ready, Hague for example, and if necessary filling the roster with affordables on the bottom to supplement things. Also we might see them move away from hometown hero Engelland, that time is coming soon.

Agree Miller is a targeted move. Have to think some kind of deal is in the works or near completion.

CupInSIX

My cap runneth over
Jul 1, 2012
Alphaville
There is one thing that is really difficult to comprehend for me: How can this player play 2 minutes in a row with that crazy tempo, without visibly losing his performance?

I don't know his practice routines etc... but I would recommend the same for all the hockey players.

I don't think it's a coincidence Tatar goes to the Habs and all of a sudden they implement a similar game, work ethic, practice etc. He told Julien the secret recipe.

We're in for a reload on the blueline this offseason. I think they are banking on some youth being ready, Hague for example, and if necessary filling the roster with affordables on the bottom to supplement things. Also we might see them move away from hometown hero Engelland, that time is coming soon.

Agree Miller is a targeted move. Have to think some kind of deal is in the works or near completion.

Unless it's a kid on an ELC they're probably not going to get anything better than what Engelland brings at 1m

Vegas Mac

Golden Shellback
Jun 26, 2015
Unless it's a kid on an ELC they're probably not going to get anything better than what Engelland brings at 1m

I think Hague is his replacement. Engelland is a great locker room leader and comes cheap, but the time for replacing him is just about here. He might be able to stick around another year if they move Miller but father time is undefeated and no matter how good a guy Deryk is he represents a roster spot where they can improve. If he sticks this time around it'll be his last season IMO.

CupInSIX

My cap runneth over
Jul 1, 2012
Alphaville
I think Hague is his replacement. Engelland is a great locker room leader and comes cheap, but the time for replacing him is just about here. He might be able to stick around another year if they move Miller but father time is undefeated and no matter how good a guy Deryk is he represents a roster spot where they can improve. If he sticks this time around it'll be his last season IMO.

It's not just his off ice qualities, it's his penalty killing abilities that will be hard to replace. You can get a much better 5v5 guy that can play the power play, but you don't want Theodore or a rookie out there blocking shots.

If Gallant is already losing one of his favorite penalty killers in Bellemare, he'd go nuts if they didn't bring Engelland back for 1 more year.

Reactions: ChanceVegas

GKG18

Expansion Fan
Jun 25, 2016
Hendertucky
I don't think it's a coincidence Tatar goes to the Habs and all of a sudden they implement a similar game, work ethic, practice etc. He told Julien the secret recipe.
LOL- If Tatar knew the secret recipe, he would still be here!

ChanceVegas

Barney on a bender
Jan 3, 2018
Las Vegas, NV
:partytime::banana:
It's not just his off ice qualities, it's his penalty killing abilities that will be hard to replace. You can get a much better 5v5 guy that can play the power play, but you don't want Theodore or a rookie out there blocking shots.

If Gallant is already losing one of his favorite penalty killers in Bellemare, he'd go nuts if they didn't bring Engelland back for 1 more year.

Agreed. Our PK is a Knightmare without Belly. I am so scared to lose that guy.

As an aside, was surprised to learn that Wild Bill has played in every regular and post season game in VGK history. Only player to do so. :nod:

Reactions: Boris Zubov

theslatcher

Jan 5, 2016
Sweden
:partytime::banana:

Agreed. Our PK is a Knightmare without Belly. I am so scared to lose that guy.

As an aside, was surprised to learn that Wild Bill has played in every regular and post season game in VGK history. Only player to do so. :nod:
Eh, not really. Vegas fans tend to really overrate a singular player on the PK. One day it's Pebbles who's the reason it's so good, then it's Nosek, then Bill, then Smith. Our best PK unit is Bill-Smith, who are worse when they aren't paired together. While Pebbles is great on the PK we still have Nosek/Stastny/Stone/Eakin/Patches(and of course Bill+Smith) who have all been great on our PK, or on their previous teams' PK but haven't gotten many minutes because we're pretty stacked when it comes to forwards who can PK.

ChanceVegas

Barney on a bender
Jan 3, 2018
Las Vegas, NV
Eh, not really. Vegas fans tend to really overrate a singular player on the PK. One day it's Pebbles who's the reason it's so good, then it's Nosek, then Bill, then Smith. Our best PK unit is Bill-Smith, who are worse when they aren't paired together. While Pebbles is great on the PK we still have Nosek/Stastny/Stone/Eakin/Patches(and of course Bill+Smith) who have all been great on our PK, or on their previous teams' PK but haven't gotten many minutes because we're pretty stacked when it comes to forwards who can PK.

You may very well be right. I hope you are. All I was thinking was everytime I saw PEB out, we were pretty horrid on the PK. And the last PK of the last game of the last postseason is looming larger in my memory than it should. But I do agree that we have a ton of good PK guys besides Belly.

Last edited:

theslatcher

Jan 5, 2016
Sweden
You may very well be right. I hope you are. All I was thinking was everytime I saw PEB out, we were pretty horrid on the PK. And the last PK of the last game of the last postseason is looming large in my memory. But I do agree that we have a ton of good PK guys besides Belly.
That PK I can forgive given the circumstances.

Just going by stats(Line Stats - Natural Stat Trick), Pebbles was on the ice for less GF/minute, and more GA/minute on the PK than when he was not on the ice.

CupInSIX

My cap runneth over
Jul 1, 2012
Alphaville
That PK I can forgive given the circumstances.

Just going by stats(Line Stats - Natural Stat Trick), Pebbles was on the ice for less GF/minute, and more GA/minute on the PK than when he was not on the ice.

Without an elite D, they need really good special teams if they want to win it all. Stone and Gusev (and eventually Glass) will significantly help the PP.

Patches was a really good penalty killer when he was a bit faster. No PK for old men (except for Engo).

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad