Will There Be A Miracle Within The Next 48hrs?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Randall Graves*

Neither side cares, the players moreso than the owners. These losers don't care that local businesses need the games so they can make a living. It was interesting reading the Toronto sun and how all these small business owners need the NHL to survive, of course in this age of corporate greed nobody cares about the little guy. Canadians live for the game and these two sides are spitting in their faces.

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
RallyKiller said:
Neither side cares, the players moreso than the owners. These losers don't care that local businesses need the games so they can make a living. It was interesting reading the Toronto sun and how all these small business owners need the NHL to survive, of course in this age of corporate greed nobody cares about the little guy. Canadians live for the game and these two sides are spitting in their faces.

Canadians? How about all hockey fans? Canadians at least get to watch other hockey (CHL). Seldom is any other hockey ever on in America.

Randall Graves*

go kim johnsson said:
Canadians? How about all hockey fans? Canadians at least get to watch other hockey (CHL). Seldom is any other hockey ever on in America.
I know but most canadians live for HNIC, it's a national past time for them and it's being taken away.

**** bettman.

Masao

Nov 24, 2002
masaohf.atspace.com
It's really frustrating... I'm not sure if I'll even be a hockey fan again seeing the way the NHL (or NHLPA or whatever, I don't care) just remorselessly spit in the faces of all the fans who have been loyal for 80 years.

Fans are the only reason why there even is an NHL. The league exists because FANS watch games on TV, because FANS buy jerseys and memorabilia, because FANS buy overpriced tickets to attend games.

But yet, why should they care if they take the game away from the fans for a year if not more?

Jerks. :mad:

Rhett4

Buffalo Selects Jack
Jul 9, 2002
Amerks #ROC
Malakhov said:
They're not even talking right now and the CBA expires in 5 hours, forget it.

I think it technically expires midnight when Wednesday transitions into Thursday. So there are about 28 left on the current agreement. Not exactly a significant amount of time, but hey, it's an extra day.

futurcorerock

Nov 15, 2003
Columbus, OH
How about this; Conspiracy Theory

The CBA was drafted months ago and all this media hype is a product to help veil the new and improved CBA in secrecy. Yes theres a press conference tomorrow but we dont know what they are saying... all we can do is assume.

If i were Bill Daly i'd get a great laugh at looking at all the dropped jaws in that press conference room

Randall Graves*

futurcorerock said:
How about this; Conspiracy Theory

The CBA was drafted months ago and all this media hype is a product to help veil the new and improved CBA in secrecy. Yes theres a press conference tomorrow but we dont know what they are saying... all we can do is assume.

If i were Bill Daly i'd get a great laugh at looking at all the dropped jaws in that press conference room
Conspiracy theories don't exist, plus it's already been announced the press conference is for a lockout.

we need a hockey guy as commissioner, what pisses me off is these people don't give a rats ass about the little guy such as the vendors,concessions workers,ushers,small business owners who need the crowds after hockey games etc.

They are being screwed, we're just fans we're not losing paychecks over it. It pisses me off that neither side has been negotiable, it's been "our way or no way at all"...but atleast the players did take a week to read the NHL's proposals...the owners immediately rejected the NHLPA's proposal. you don't need a salary cap.

Neither side respects the past,the fans or the game.

littleHossa

Apr 7, 2003
Ottawa
Visit site
A bit OT, but I heard today that the NHL players won't be able to participate in the 2006 Winter games if the lockout draws past January. Bettman probably used this ruse and with every day that the NHLPA holds tight, he hopes to make them look like they don't care about the fans.
Either way, we can be optimistic for January, or at least some possible changes with the NHL.

Teemu

Caffeine Free Since 1919
Dec 3, 2002
Awww, you don't believe, that we're on the eve... of destruuuction!?

LazRNN

Dec 17, 2003
Okay, I know that they are guaranteed to announce a lockout tomorrow, but does anyone find it remotely peculiar that Andreychuk and Yzerman signed 1 year deals today? (Never mind me, I will scrap at any glimmer of hope until there is none).

sharkyz15

Jul 13, 2003
The Dirty Dirty SC
Visit site
darkboy said:
Okay, I know that they are guaranteed to announce a lockout tomorrow, but does anyone find it remotely peculiar that Andreychuk and Yzerman signed 1 year deals today? (Never mind me, I will scrap at any glimmer of hope until there is none).

i really havent thought of that

I dont understand why they have already scedualed a press conference for a lockout, why isnt it for a potenital lockout.

Baseball got it done at the 11th hour

Are the owners trying to break the union and what would happen if they do?

Sotnos

Jul 8, 2002
Not here
www.boltprospects.com
RallyKiller said:
They are being screwed, we're just fans we're not losing paychecks over it.
Speak for yourself. The Tampa Bay Lightning have a week's pay of mine already for my tickets for next year. It's not my livelihood like it is for the small businesses around the arenas, but I'd bet I'm not the only one who has money committed for next season already.

And yes, I did find it strange that Andreychuk and Yzerman signed contracts seemingly at the last minute.

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
sharkyz15 said:
Baseball got it done at the 11th hour

baseball were at least at a neogoating session for a week leading up to it. As were the NBA. Bud Selig and David Stern were coming in and out of daily sessions for the better part of a month leading up to an agreement. For a deal to be done, both sides have to be talking at least regularly for a deal to be done.

codswallop

yes, i am an alcoholic
Aug 20, 2002
GA
Joe Solak said:
What really pisses me off is that the two sides aren't even meeting nor are there any meetings scheduled. Its a sad sad day.

I'd wear black but it's still too damn warm here.

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
cw7 said:
I'd wear black but it's still too damn warm here.

Barry Melrose said he wore black last night because he was going to a funeral.

Hab-Dawgs

Apr 21, 2004
Montreal
go kim johnsson said:
baseball were at least at a neogoating session for a week leading up to it. As were the NBA. Bud Selig and David Stern were coming in and out of daily sessions for the better part of a month leading up to an agreement. For a deal to be done, both sides have to be talking at least regularly for a deal to be done.

Seriously, what the **** are goodenow and bettman doing? why haven't they been negotiating for the past months, it seems like they only submit stuff to each other once in a while, reject the other's proposal and jerk it for another couple of months before coming up with some half-assed excuse for a proposal that is obviously not to the other's satisfaction.

I say we get a petition going to have goodenow and bettman locked in a room together until they get a new CBA signed. Actually, even after they get something signed they can stay in that room forever. Bettman and Goodenow aren't doing their jobs! They aren't getting anything done, they're screwing everything up for millions of people. WHY HAVEN"T THEY BEEN FIRED YET!?!?!?!?!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad