Speculation: Will the Bruins try to get Stamkos?

Hookslide

Nov 19, 2018
I am a big Stamos fan,
He can play either. There’s not a huge difference in Tampa’s system anyway; the main reasons for moving him to the wing are to allow both Point and Cirelli to play in the top six and to allow Stamkos to play with Point and Kucherov when they want to really stack the top line. They do still play him at center from time to time, he takes the most faceoffs of anyone on the team even when he’s at the wing, and frankly I wish they would just play him at 2C all the time and drop Cirelli to 3C as the two of them have never had chemistry on a line together despite Cooper’s insistence on forcing it.

That said I think Boston might be the only team that would make me more physically ill to see Stammer on than Toronto. Anywhere but those two, but especially not Boston. Still I do hope that things can somehow work out for him to retire a Bolt - nobody outside of Espo has meant more to the organization and it would be a shame to see him play anywhere else.
I am a big Stamkos guy but I doubt very much there is a snowballs chance you will see him in a Bruins jersey but............... I will hold out hope that you get sick as hell

Reactions: AndreRoy

AndreRoy

Jan 3, 2018
I am a big Stamos fan,

I am a big Stamkos guy but I doubt very much there is a snowballs chance you will see him in a Bruins jersey but............... I will hold out hope that you get sick as hell
Haha now Stamos in a Bruins jersey would be something to see.

But yeah, I pretty much feel about Stamkos in Boston the way you would have felt about Bergeron in Tampa. Both of those guys have meant so much to their respective organizations that to see them anywhere else, much less with a hated rival, would just be a shame. I’m hoping Stamkos follows in Bergeron’s footsteps and stays in Tampa until he decides to hang up his skates.

DFC

Sep 26, 2013
NB
Either Friedman or Lebrun mentioned last week that it's not a given Stamkos will be back. Can't remember the exact quote.

I don't know. I think something's up that they extended Brandon Hagel before even opening discussions with Stamkos. I still very much believe that he will remain with TB, but I think that only happens if he gives us another team-friendly deal (i.e. I think this ends with him bitterly signing for under market value next summer). But I do think JBB is about as cold-blooded as GMs get (see: Ondrej Palat) and if we are out of the playoff picture come TDL, I'll bet he sees what kind of return he could get. Whether or not he pulls the trigger is another matter, but I think he'll explore the road a little further than we might be comfortable with.

Reactions: 2020 Cup Champions

Voight

#winning
Feb 8, 2012
Mulberry Street
Depends on what he wants. He may prefer to join a team with better cup chances but I think he'd also relish playing an important position for an Original 6 team.

Also THN is a garbage publication.

crowi

Registered Loser
May 11, 2012
Helsinki
Stamkos won't leave TB. I feel it's dumb to even suggest he would.
That's his home. (no, no it's canada) (no it isn't anymore)

biturbo19

Jul 13, 2010
That'd be so weird and awkward. It's hard to picture Stamkos in anything other than a Lightning jersey though, period.

It does make a little bit of sense on the surface. But the fit is really more if he can still hack it as a full time top line Center. Which seems debatable at this point in his career. Where he seems like more of a winger who can play a bit of center in a pinch.

WreckedUm

Damn near killed ‘em
Nov 25, 2018
Id love to see Stamkos in a Bruins jersey.

Will it happen? Probably knot.

But watching him center a potential pasta marchy line would be fun to watch.

wintersej

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 26, 2011
North Andover, MA
This won’t happen and Murphy is a rumor creator.

But if it did, I think the fit wouldn’t be at center, but at wing.

DeBrusk Zacha Pasta
Marchand Poitras Stamkos
Frederic Coyle Geekie

Drake1588

UNATCO
Sponsor
Jul 2, 2002
Northern Virginia
The Bruins need a top center and the Lightning don't seem to need Stamkos as much as he needs them, so I get why you'd... just create a rumor out of nothing, which is what's going on here.

The problem with trying to play hard to get through the media is that he's not very good at this. Stamkos seems to love living in Tampa more than air, and everyone knows it. I think he ends up taking a big cut versus what he could earn elsewhere to sign his final contract with the Lightning. He just doesn't want to leave, and probably can't consider alternatives. He's not open to it, and Brisebois knows.

Reactions: wintersej

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad