Speculation: Will Tampa or Dallas buy out anybody?

2Pair

Oct 8, 2017
Why?
He has a NTC not a NMC. And Tampa needs capspace. If TyJo is not willing to cooperate in finding a trade to a destination he likes, why wouldn't Tampa just waive him and try to solve their issues that way? Whats so wrong about that? Other organisations have pulled way worse stuff and that was not on the back of a global pandemic that has completely ruined the capsituation for many teams in the NHL...
Threatening to put quality people and players on waivers isn't exactly a good way to encourage your younger players to be willing to sign team friendly deals.

Flyer lurker

Feb 16, 2019
Why?
He has a NTC not a NMC. And Tampa needs capspace. If TyJo is not willing to cooperate in finding a trade to a destination he likes, why wouldn't Tampa just waive him and try to solve their issues that way? Whats so wrong about that? Other organisations have pulled way worse stuff and that was not on the back of a global pandemic that has completely ruined the cap situation for many teams in the NHL...
If you know X team will claim Johnson I agree 100 out of 100. But if a team won't claim and Johnson comes back it can get nasty.

BeaverSports

Mar 3, 2004
I can’t see it for the Stars. Some fans thought Pavelski before the playoffs, but his leadership is too valuable. They could replace Comeau and Cogliano with younger - though they may try to deal them before a buy out - and I’d anticipate Janmark may be allowed to hit free agency.

I wouldn’t be completely shocked if they shop Radulov and I’d also imagine, sadly, that they may get some LTIR relief on Johns as I’m not sure he returns.

McJedi

Apr 21, 2020
Florida
Tampa won't buy anyone out but they certainly could waive a few of their NTCs to get rid off them...
Odds are that Tyler Johnson will either be forced to waive his NTC to go somewhere semi decent via tade or if he refuses he might end up with Detroit or Ottawa after he gets picked up on waivers...
It’s not remotely a sure thing Tyler Johnson get claimed off waivers.

McJedi

Apr 21, 2020
Florida
Or tampa exposes Tyler in a year to seattle and Seattle takes him.
Or Seattle doesn’t. And takes Cernak or Cirelli. Seattle will take the best value off Tampa’s roster. Which will force Tampa to cough up a sweet asset to take Johnson. Like Foote and a higher pick.

Tetsuo

Boss of a Pile of Rubble
Apr 11, 2018
Michigan
Tampa would be wise to open up a couple of 1sts to help move bad contracts. I'm not even trolling, if they can find a way to keep Cernak, Cirelli, Sergachev alongside Point, Kuch, etc, they will be primed to have a Chicago-esque dynasty. Those 1sts won't even be that high if they are that good year-in and year-out. For as long as their window is open, players will sign for cheap for a shot a the Cup. As a Detroit fan, I've seen it happen more than a few times.

Flyer lurker

Feb 16, 2019
Or Seattle doesn’t. And takes Cernak or Cirelli. Seattle will take the best value off Tampa’s roster. Which will force Tampa to cough up a sweet asset to take Johnson. Like Foote and a higher pick.
if u put tbl at 4x4
4 of Serge/Hedman/Cernak/Ryan Mc/Foote
stamkos/point/kuch/cirelli

Johnson is not the pick. It maybe Palat. It maybe Ryan Mc/Foote whoever is unprotected. But the Johnson choice doesn't work.

Todd1a

Kucherov or prospect
Jun 19, 2014
orlando, fl
Tampa would be wise to open up a couple of 1sts to help move bad contracts. I'm not even trolling, if they can find a way to keep Cernak, Cirelli, Sergachev alongside Point, Kuch, etc, they will be primed to have a Chicago-esque dynasty. Those 1sts won't even be that high if they are that good year-in and year-out. For as long as their window is open, players will sign for cheap for a shot a the Cup. As a Detroit fan, I've seen it happen more than a few times.

If we trade killorn and Tyler Johnson I think we can then keep Sergachev, cernak and cirell no problem.

but our only chance at a buy out would be on Tyler Johnson.

Todd1a

Kucherov or prospect
Jun 19, 2014
orlando, fl
Also johnson doesn’t suck but right now he can’t crack the top 6 on this tampa team stacked up front even without stamkos. If he got a 2nd line center job with a team he could pop 50 to 60 points again Easy.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad