Will Simon be recalled this year?

Lepain

Jul 15, 2014
Thanks for the input. Don't know much about the Pens farm system so was curious about this.

Dipsy Doodle

Rent A Barn
May 28, 2006
Thanks for the input. Don't know much about the Pens farm system so was curious about this.

For future reference, here's a helpful hint:

If there's a skilled young forward in the Pens system who's producing like he's ready for NHL action, he's probably not going to get a regular spot for about 5 years after being drafted.

And that's if he's lucky and makes it through the call-up/send-down gauntlet and being overlooked in favour of legions of nondescript AHL journeymen.

Lepain

Jul 15, 2014
For future reference, here's a helpful hint:

If there's a skilled young forward in the Pens system who's producing like he's ready for NHL action, he's probably not going to get a regular spot for about 5 years after being drafted.

And that's if he's lucky and makes it through the call-up/send-down gauntlet and being overlooked in favour of legions of nondescript AHL journeymen.

That should be helpful for future reference:nod:

SEALBound

Fancy Gina Carano
Sponsor
Jun 13, 2010
I want to see what he can do. I think it's important to give all these young kids a rotation with the big club. If it goes well, they gain that valuable confidence. If not, they know what they need to work on.

Problem is, Porter. He's the new Ebbett, and I'm very worried he's the next Adams. He's dangerous and I would highly support NOT resigning him. You have have Sundqvist down there too who could make a case to come up before him too. But ya know what, that's okay. Let him develop in the AHL.

Greeneye

May 17, 2006
Golden, CO
If he does he'll get 5 mins on the fourth line then get sent to the press box and then get sent back down. Welcome to Pittsburgh.

joeyjake5

Feb 23, 2014
Pens management loves experienced players such as scuds, LJ no matter how poorly they suck. So Mr. Simon just hope and pray that the pens trade you.

Luigi Lemieux

Sep 26, 2003
Wouldn't bring him into this mess where he'll be on the 4th line. Hopefully we can dump Perron/Hornqvist for some good young players and/or dmen. Then next year both Simon and Sprong up with the big club.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad