Will (should) rangers trade into the first round of 2013 draft?

Status
Not open for further replies.

68Forever

Sep 2, 2008
Queens, NY
Will the rangers make a splash at the draft to try and grab anything from this supposedly deep draft ... Maybe trade mcilrath for a mid to late first rounder ? Or two of our European prospects for a late first rounder

Feb 27, 2002
NYC
Will the rangers make a splash at the draft to try and grab anything from this supposedly deep draft ... Maybe trade mcilrath for a mid to late first rounder ? Or two of our European prospects for a late first rounder

I'm not sure McIrath gets the Rangers into the mid to late first round. Not sure the Rangers want to deal McIrath anyway as they have invested a lot of time in him.

Teams dealing first round picks don't want other, lesser prospect. They want quality, not quantity.

Miz

Jun 2, 2011
As much as we all want a 1st rounder, i dont see it happening. Just bite the bullet this year and have something to be excited for next year.

TheRightWay

May 16, 2012
For what reason? Would it be nice to have a first round pick? Obviously. But I don't see the pressing need to get one just for the sake of saying we have one.

silverfish

got perma'd
Jun 24, 2008
under the bridge
I could see them moving into the first round.

Maybe some team will be dumb enough to trade the rights to negotiate with Clowe early for a 1st or 2nd rounder :sarcasm:

I got flamed for this in the Moore thread, but I can really see, and I mean really - no sarcasm here - see Del Zotto getting shipped at the draft for a 1st round++

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad