Will Ovechkins greatness surpass Crosby???

will Alexander Ovechkin go down as the greatest player vs. Sidney Crosby?

• he already is

Votes: 78 21.5%
  • he will after passing gretzky at 895/achieves other remarkable stat

Votes: 72 19.8%
  • Ovechkin will never be greater

Votes: 213 58.7%

• Total voters

Rodgerwilco

Entertainment boards w/ some Hockey mixed in.
Feb 6, 2014
Crosby vs. Ovechkin thread? HFBoards batsignal goes up and the usual suspects race in to protect the integrity and honor of their player; predictable and almost definitely* cult like.
Made a tiny correction for ya.

Hockey4Lyfe

Feb 26, 2018
Crosby has more points, has led his team to more Cups, and is simply the better overall player.

Pretty simple answer for me and what looks like a very large majority of this board.

AvalancheFan19

May 3, 2009
I think Crosby is the 'better' player, albeit not by much. I also think that when Ovechkin breaks Gretzky's record he'll have achieved, by far, the greatest feat of the two. Where does that leave me in this debate? Not sure. No answer is necessarily wrong. From a legacy standpoint though, Ovechkin may have more regard than Crosby. Now that it's happening it seems entirely possible and likely but 10-20 years ago that record was absolutely thought to be impossible to break.

End of the day, extremely happen we get to see two greats play and succeed. What a pleasure.

These Are The Days

Oh no! We suck again!!
May 17, 2014
Tampa Bay
Dude is gonna rock 800 goals any day now and would realistically be chasing down Gretzky -RIGHT NOW- if he hadn't missed so much time with lockouts and COVID

Nevermind Crosby, he's passed EVERYONE of this day

Midnight Judges

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 10, 2010
Has anyone considered that they’re equally great and that’s fine?

I have a hard time seeing how anyone could rank them far apart.

Then again I didn't see how anyone could have ranked Ovie far apart from Bobby Hull a few years ago when their accomplishments were nearly identical.

Reactions: norrisnick

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad