Will McDavid hit 50 points before 2017

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jimmi McJenkins

Sometimes miracles
Jan 12, 2006
Alberta
A positivity thread for the Holiday Season.

Captain Connor McDavid is currently at 39 points on the season.

The Oilers have 7 games left in December, the question I pose to you is, will McDavid his the 50 point mark before the new year.

Bryanbryoil

Pray For Ukraine
Sep 13, 2004
How many did Kane have at that point last season? I think that he is most definitely capable of it. I'll guess yes since he should have some rest around Christmas.

Paralyzer

Hyman >>> Matthews
Sep 29, 2006
Somewhere Up North
How many did Kane have at that point last season? I think that he is most definitely capable of it. I'll guess yes since he should have some rest around Christmas.

Kane had 56 points before 2016. It'll be a tall order for him to match Kane from last year, but I don't think it's far fetched to say he can hit 50.

Jimmi McJenkins

Sometimes miracles
Jan 12, 2006
Alberta
Looking at his current PPG, he would put up 9 points in 7 games (approximately). So it should be close, it will be fun to watch if he can do it.

Gord

Oct 9, 2005
Edmonton
A positivity thread for the Holiday Season.

Captain Connor McDavid is currently at 39 points on the season.

The Oilers have 7 games left in December, the question I pose to you is, will McDavid his the 50 point mark before the new year.

looking at the schedule, could be hard to do. some tough teams to play.
maybe if he gets his end of game shot off a little more quickly. :laugh:

nightfighter

Aug 31, 2008

Seriously I can't remember the last time one player has had so many goals called back. Between the buzzer beaters this year and the coaches challenges from last season (i remember at least 2 against the kings called back).

Jimmi McJenkins

Sometimes miracles
Jan 12, 2006
Alberta
Maybe, lol, I think there are points to be found in games against the Lightning, Yoters, Sharks and Nucks.

Edit: As in extra points, 2 or 3 (or even 4) point games in there.

soothsayer

Oct 27, 2009
I'll vote after tonight. I smell a big game for him coming up. The Blue Jackets are to the Oilers what the Oilers are to Arizona. Plus, Columbus is due for a loss.

Stoneman89

Feb 8, 2008
I'd say he'd have to pick it up big time. But the way his wingers are playing, it's doubtful.

Senor Catface

Jul 25, 2006
I'd say he'd have to pick it up big time. But the way his wingers are playing, it's doubtful.

Yeah, at this point of his career, he still relies to a degree on his wingers/his playmaking. It took Crosby until his 5th season to really break out in goal scoring and it took Gretzky until his 3rd before he really started to fire the puck more.

It'll be interesting to see how McDavid changes his game as time goes on like those two did.

BlackDogg

perpetuum defectum
Oct 3, 2015
;) Ultimate jinx thread. Hate these.

He better pick up the pace. Maybe when we waste Arizona in their barn.

Jimmi McJenkins

Sometimes miracles
Jan 12, 2006
Alberta
Yeah it's all Jimmi's fault. He likes to screw the Oilers with threads like this :sarcasm:

I guess too much positivity sucks it out of the team to even things out ;) :laugh:

For what it's worth, I still believe because he could easily have a 3 or 4 pts game before the end of the year.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad