Will Max Pacioretty be suspended for the legal hit he did?

CrAzYNiNe

who could have predicted?
Jun 5, 2003
Montreal
Hamilton should be called. It's not Max's fault Boychuk possibly caught an edge in the ice and went into the boards awkwardly. If you see the video, look at the way he falls, how his legs are all Pejorative Slured. Nothing wrong with the hit, shoulder to shoulder and even borderline boarding. The hit on Prust was in the back and definitely boarding, considering he was twice as far from the boards as Boychuk was when Hamilton made contact on Prust.

Hullois

Suck it Trebek
Aug 26, 2010
Hull, Qc
Strong hockey play, unfortunate results.

I hope Boychuk is OK but there shouldn't even have been a 2 minutes

Jigger77

Dec 21, 2007
Montreal
Hamilton should be called. It's not Max's fault Boychuk possibly caught an edge in the ice and went into the boards awkwardly. If you see the video, look at the way he falls, how his legs are all Pejorative Slured. Nothing wrong with the hit, shoulder to shoulder and even borderline boarding. The hit on Prust was in the back and definitely boarding, considering he was twice as far from the boards as Boychuk was when Hamilton made contact on Prust.

First thing I noticed when I looked at it too. Looks like he caught an edge, or his skate got stuck or something. Did the old wobbly leg dance there.

JLP

Refugee
Aug 16, 2005
Sure, after Dougie Hamilton gets suspended for boarding Prust.

Thought you were going to start a main board thread about that dirty dangerous play? Need a gif and I'll do it...

overlords

#DefundCBC
Aug 16, 2008
The City
I think that if hits like that are what the bruins can expect to get penalties for, they're in very big trouble.

Whitesnake

If you rebuild, they will come.
Jan 5, 2003
Even Humpty Dumpty thinks it's worth nothing more than a 2 minute penalty...

I was expecting a whole lot of whining yesterday. Calling habs dirty, always getting away with it, Pac's history and all and yet.....Julien says he only deserved the 2 minutes he got? Geez...if that's not enough to know that this is BY FAR not suspendable....I don't know what is. I mean, for Julien to say that, I'm now wondering if Max even touched him....;)

hogtownhabsfan*

It was a borderline boarding penalty. I don't mind the call, and I do hope Boychuk is okay, but there is no way in hell Pacioretty should be suspended...

Haaabs

Jul 16, 2010
Montreal
Max didn't even know who was on the ice or where he was on the ice... :sarcasm:

I don't see why we should keep adding fuel to the fire. Fans is short for fanatic after all. People get emotional. We're habs fans, we are as nutty if not more than other fanbases. :laugh:

Devourers

Sep 20, 2013
Montreal
The league should definitely consider Dr. Recchi's opinion of the issue before acting and suspending Patches. Who knows, maybe Boychuk is at a movie today?

Natey

GOATS
Aug 2, 2005
Looked like interference, 2 minute penalty, nothing more. Might not have even been interference - couldn't see if he'd touched the puck or not.

Peteux

Jul 15, 2010
Even Claude Julien said it after the game, it's not worth more than a 2 mins.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad