Player Discussion Will Lockwood

groov2

Apr 11, 2014
Vancouver
I said Boesers game would translate MUCH better then Connors despite the main board disagreeing. Connor then started playing good but then went cold which is crazy seeing all that talent around him. he seems like an inconsistent player

I wonder what thoughts Connor has about your ability to type English. I trust that my comments will go over your head.

DL44

Status quo
Sep 26, 2006
That looked like left shoulder to me the way he was holding his arm skating off. He talked about making some changes to his game this year to try to stay healthy. Could be that he's just brittle.

Brittle?
F off..... the way he went into the boards woulda doomed 75% of all Gumby’s in the world.
If his collarbone survived, then F your brittle comment...

Megaterio Llamas

el rey del mambo
Oct 29, 2011
North Shore
Brittle?
F off..... the way he went into the boards woulda doomed 75% of all Gumby’s in the world.
If his collarbone survived, then F your brittle comment...
I wasn't talking about the play in particular, rather I was referencing the accumulation of injuries he has been racking up these past seasons.

Relax. And focus.

Addison Rae

Jun 2, 2009
Vancouver
All these posts about him being out of the tournament but is there any proof of this? I'm sure if he was USA will replace him with another player tomorrow.

PG Canuck

Mar 29, 2010
As I said in the prospect thread, his career is heading towards being over before it started or a continuation of never being healthy.

His style of play won’t do him any good if he’s fragile.

M2Beezy

Objective and Neutral Hockey Commentator
Sponsor
May 25, 2014
Career over what a waste of a pick :(

me2

Go ahead foot
Jun 28, 2002
Make my day.
It's really not a waste of a pick considering he was a good prospect and looked to have NHL upside. These things are totally unpredictable. Would you call Luc Bourdon a waste of a pick?
Kopitar. So yeah. And let's not go there.

Reactions: timw33

Shareefruck

Apr 2, 2005
Vancouver, BC
Kopitar. So yeah. And let's not go there.
I guess it's poor form to speak about the dead on critical terms, but if I'm being honest, I was disappointed with the Bourdon pick at the time and didn't feel that he was poised to become all that great. He had that great stretch towards the end that seemed to change everyone's mind, but I was always pretty down on his hockey IQ, personally.

I was super pissed off about Kopitar at the time, too. That wasn't a hindsight is 20/20 misfire-- A lot of us knew he was an amazing player before that pick was even made.

That said, I still really like the Lockwood pick, and I'm still pretty optimistic about it, despite this news.

timw33

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 18, 2007
Victoria
It's really not a waste of a pick considering he was a good prospect and looked to have NHL upside. These things are totally unpredictable. Would you call Luc Bourdon a waste of a pick?

Once you remove the tragic circumstances, then yes, it was a waste of a pick from the minute he was selected.

Reactions: LickTheEnvelope

timw33

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 18, 2007
Victoria
Even if Bourdon panned... never seen so many people furious over a pick.

Dig up that draft day thread, I've never seen a fanbase so excited that a Top-3 talent just fell into their laps, to be absolutely destroyed by Dave Nonis. And that was after we lucked into the 10th pick even though we should have been picking in the 20's

Reactions: LickTheEnvelope

LickTheEnvelope

Time to Retool... again...
Dec 16, 2008
Vancouver
Dig up that draft day thread, I've never seen a fanbase so excited that a Top-3 talent just fell into their laps, to be absolutely destroyed by Dave Nonis. And that was after we lucked into the 10th pick even though we should have been picking in the 20's

I remember I was here :(

Reactions: timw33

Tables of Stats

Nov 1, 2011
Vancouver, BC
Is all the doom and gloom because people generally cannot fully recover 100% from this type of injury? That would really suck as it looked like he had a promising career ahead of him. :(

No, the doom and gloom is from idiots who think that two injuries to the same shoulder mean that his shoulder will be injured every season from now until the end of time. Yeah, it sucks that he'll miss significant time this season and it sucks that it's another shoulder injury but none of this means he's suddenly worthless as a prospect.

This is just more of that lovely HFCanucks doom n' gloom.

PG Canuck

Mar 29, 2010
No, the doom and gloom is from idiots who think that two injuries to the same shoulder mean that his shoulder will be injured every season from now until the end of time. Yeah, it sucks that he'll miss significant time this season and it sucks that it's another shoulder injury but none of this means he's suddenly worthless as a prospect.

This is just more of that lovely HFCanucks doom n' gloom.

Yeah, it's definitely encouraging he's already had two issues with the same shoulder and he's only playing against kids. Wait until he plays men - won't be rubbing shoulders with scrawny kids anymore. Lockwood is in tough, even more so, to carve out an NHL career considering his entire game was based around speed and physicality. He's not a worthless prospect and wherever you are nitpicking that from is ridiculous.

Virtanen had issues with his shoulder, and now he engages physically a few times every 10 games. Is he just inexperienced? Maybe, but it doesn't take the smartest player to lay a hit consistently. Does it weigh on a player that they've already had issues, twice, with the same shoulder? I'd say it is a possibility.

Lockwood is a good pick, you don't need to rummage across all threads about Lockwood to call anyone out just because we see this as an issue moving forward - because it is an issue moving forward. As I said, Lockwood's style of player doesn't really cater to being timid, and if his shoulder makes him like that, he won't be much more than a bottom six AHL player.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad