Will Laviolette be nominated for Jack Adams (coach of the year) and win Jack Adams Award ?

Will Laviolette be nominated for Jack Adams (coach of the year)?

• Yes

Votes: 28 65.1%
  • No

Votes: 15 34.9%

• Total voters

SnowblindNYR

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 16, 2011
Brooklyn, NY
Probably won't be enough of a jump to win. 110 and 107 points the last two seasons and I doubt they get much more than that since that's already a lot. Maybe nominated.

RangersFan1994

Aug 20, 2019
Probably won't be enough of a jump to win. 110 and 107 points the last two seasons and I doubt they get much more than that since that's already a lot. Maybe nominated.
I don't think points matter when it comes to coaches winning this awards. I hope Laviolette wins it cause he changed the Rangers culture with structure and accountability. Personally I would not be shocked if Torts wins it with what he has done with the Flyers.

SnowblindNYR

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 16, 2011
Brooklyn, NY
I don't think points matter when it comes to coaches winning this awards. I hope Laviolette wins it cause he changed the Rangers culture with structure and accountability. Personally I would not be shocked if Torts wins it with what he has done with the Flyers.

Torts or Caps coach if they keep it up is my guess.

GAGLine

Sep 17, 2007
I think there's a good chance he gets nominated, but I doubt he wins. Montgomery, Tocchet and McLellan will be in the mix. Carbery too if Washington stays in the race.

Cygnus 2112

Aug 7, 2014
Long Island
He can win the Patch Adams award for all I care. Just win the Cup.

IMG_4527.jpeg

pld459666

Feb 27, 2002
Danbury, CT
I think there is enough of an adjustment to how this team has played and the results thus far to offer strong consideration.

35 games in and not one three game losing streak.

6-0 on back end of back to back games.

#1 on the PP, #5 on the PK

Team defense is light years better.

And where other HCs have failed, Lavy has Lafreniere on pace for 50 points.

Part of that is playing with AP and VT, but he has also not looked like a passenger at all either.

Reactions: SnowblindNYR

SA16

Sixstring
Aug 25, 2006
Long Island
Well....3:36 remaining and he has Bonino out on the ice

Well yea, that was a pretty obvious move. The Zibanejad line had just come off with around 3:00 left. They need 30-45 seconds to rest. Then they're going to put out Zibanejad/Kreider/Trocheck/Panarin/Laf when they pull the goalie. They need to have one shift in between and they're not going to put out a line with 0 centers. He was on the ice for 27 seconds which included one stoppage and let the top guys rest up to plan to play the remaining 2:30 with the goalie pulled if needed. One of he or Goodrow was always going to be on the ice for that shift.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad