Speculation: Will Jansen Harkins score a goal this season?

Will Jansen Harkins score a goal this season?

• Yes

Votes: 4 11.8%
  • No

Votes: 30 88.2%

• Total voters

HandshakeLine

A real jerk thing
Nov 9, 2005
Praha, CZ
What was going on in the NHL from like 2000-2005? I feel like we have better quality footage from the 1950’s than that period.
Serious answer: people beginning the switch to video and then to all digital formatting, but video formats in the late 90s early 2000s weren't nearly as good as film or what we use now, plus true digital broadcasting of footage didn't occur until 2009, IIRC.

Reactions: BusinessGoose

Zbynek

Jarry friggin sucks dude
Jun 6, 2011
Madrid, Spain
What was going on in the NHL from like 2000-2005? I feel like we have better quality footage from the 1950’s than that period.
This is my favorite period as a Pens fan for sure. The stakes were hilariously low and nothing mattered. When we won a random game we had no business winning, it was like the Stanley Cup in February. Kelly mf Buchberger. Steve McKenna. Kent Manderville. The absolute Pittsburgh legend in my avatar (if you know, you know).

My friends and I would take turns sneaking out of school so we could get in line early for Student Rush. You could get good seats for 4 for 15 bucks a pop. I went to like 30 games in 2004.

Buddy Bizarre

Jul 9, 2021
Serious answer: people beginning the switch to video and then to all digital formatting, but video formats in the late 90s early 2000s weren't nearly as good as film or what we use now, plus true digital broadcasting of footage didn't occur until 2009, IIRC.

Fun/random fact
The switch to digital broadcasting was delayed due to the Pens/Wings series. Immediately after that game, the networks made the move.

SEALBound

Fancy Gina Carano
Sponsor
Jun 13, 2010
I'm betting no. My bigger fear is that he WILL score which will give Sullivan a sense of vindication which will keep him on the roster longer.

Kevin Porter410G3A3PTS-20

Sullivan already has a track record of mediocrity on skates

That's on a Stanley Cup winning team with far more talent than this one

Harkins is GOLDEN for the rest of the lineups this year, even if he can't score
Porter is such an interesting footnote in Penguins lore. In 2015/16, he was getting all of those game and sucking ass in the bottom 6. It was his big injury that opened the spot for Sullivan to bring up the younger kids - Sheary, Rust, Kuhnhackl, and Wilson. Without the injury to Porter, we may not have discovered the talent WBS had that was a driving force in the 2016 playoffs.

That and the Dupuis retirement. That's what opened the door for the b2b.

BlindWillyMcHurt

ti kallisti
May 31, 2004
For the sake of clarity it isn't that Harkins is THE problem with this team or even really top ten. It's that the coaching staff consistently looks at a guy like him (in the midst of years of offensive ineptitude) and says "yeah... that's what we want." Certainly not the first time, either.

To be fair that's a lot of NHL coaches, I suppose. Hooray low event, push-it-up-and-down-the-walls hockey.

Buddy Bizarre

Jul 9, 2021
For the sake of clarity it isn't that Harkins is THE problem with this team or even really top ten. It's that the coaching staff consistently looks at a guy like him (in the midst of years of offensive ineptitude) and says "yeah... that's what we want." Certainly not the first time, either.

To be fair that's a lot of NHL coaches, I suppose. Hooray low event, push-it-up-and-down-the-walls hockey.

You've nailed it.

Harkins is the feverish symptoms of a severe case of botulism that is also known in medical circles as Sullivis Mikalitis. It requires the body to purge itself of this nasty disease.

The issue is the patient is in complete denial that they have a fever or are shitting their brains out resulting in a prolapsed rectum

Zbynek

Jarry friggin sucks dude
Jun 6, 2011
Madrid, Spain
Per the NHL's media Web site, Jansen Harkins (concussion) has been designated to injured reserve.
Could this be our Kevin Porter moment?

as described in:

Porter is such an interesting footnote in Penguins lore. In 2015/16, he was getting all of those game and sucking ass in the bottom 6. It was his big injury that opened the spot for Sullivan to bring up the younger kids - Sheary, Rust, Kuhnhackl, and Wilson. Without the injury to Porter, we may not have discovered the talent WBS had that was a driving force in the 2016 playoffs.

That and the Dupuis retirement. That's what opened the door for the b2b.

wgknestrick

Aug 14, 2012
Craig Adams (2 first names)
Jansen Harkins (2 last names)

blow-mind-mind-blown.gif

Both create(d) a wasteland of no goals, no shots, easily punch-able faces, and soon to be fired coaches.

Reactions: BusinessGoose

SEALBound

Fancy Gina Carano
Sponsor
Jun 13, 2010
Craig Adams (2 first names)
Jansen Harkins (2 last names)

Both create(d) a wasteland of no goals, no shots, easily punch-able faces, and soon to be fired coaches.
He's on an Adam's level of productivity now.

His last year here, Adams had 1g 6a in 70GP. Harkins is at 4a in 37GP.

In comparison, Hinostranza has 3pt in 14gp.

Reactions: DesertedPenguin

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad